Hello from the new girl.

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Tanya Starling

Hello from the new girl.

Post by Tanya Starling »

Hello

My name is Tanya. I have always heard about this site from my acquaintances and have visited it several times since 2007 as a unregistered guest, but never joined until now. I have found this site interesting to say the least during my past visits so upon a recommendation by a close friend I decided to finally join.

So I suppose I should tell everyone a little bit about myself. I am 34 years young, blonde hair, blue eyes, and have been said that I possess a sunny disposition. I reside in a quaint little town on the Oregon coast.

I am an aspiring novelist of both works of fiction which is mostly horror and fantasy, and non-fiction as well related to my personal work regarding the paranormal and occult. I have also written several works on my travels throughout Europe and Asia. I only managed to get some of my fictitious works on a few top ten bestseller lists, but as I like to say, "I may not be Stephen King, but at least I am not Dean Koontz." lolz.

I do believe that the supernatural exists as I have encountered it many times during my person investigations. I do not if that is a requirement to post here but I figured I should mention it. During my many investigations I have acquired a decent size, though limited, library on the occult, demonology, witchcraft, theology, parapsychology, cryptozoology, spiritualism, and similar volumes relating to the supernatural. I have even managed to acquire several works written by Victor Lazlo himself. I personally found them enlightening reads.

I would very much enjoy to be an active member of this group, and I am more than able to pay any group "dues" if you do that sort of thing here. I may not be extremely wealthy, but I am well off enough to support my personal endeavors.

Well I hope this information is helpful and that I have properly introduced myself toe everyone. I am looking forward to working closely with all of you.
"I may not be Stephen King, but at least I am not Dean Koontz"
skeptic

Re: Hello from the new girl.

Post by skeptic »

Hi Tanya. My name is Sebastian.
I am based in Chicago but I am able and willing to travel.
The only things I have had published are peer reviewed articles in various psychiatry journals.
I am not one for fiction (reading or writing).
As always any services I render to the members of the Lazlo Society or for the Society itself is pro bono.
I am certain we are eager to hear about your experiences.
Question everything.
Tanya Starling

Post by Tanya Starling »

Why thank you Sebastain for you warm hospitality; you are quite the gentleman. I look forward to perhaps meeting with you one day. You come off as being well spoken and educated, two traits I look for in an acquaintance. Maybe I can be the one to help you find the evidence you are looking for.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Hi Tanya and welcome to the Society.

I have never been one for writing but I am a very avid reader. When I was younger I would read anything I could get my hands on. Those stories were the only way I could escape my abusive family. I read as many books about America or stories in America that I could find. After reading Mark Twain I wanted to be a river boat captain. I never wrote much because it would be used against me. I kept everything in my head. Although I was rescued from that hell of a life the habit of keeping everything in my head has remained. I keep so much packed in there. Anyway now that I am a professional researcher I get to keep on reading a lot but not about river boat captains.

I would like to buy copies of all your books and if I am ever in America maybe we can arrange times to meet and chat. Or if you are ever in Europe it is pretty easy for me to get there.

I have not been active here lately and I cannot say that is going to change but I heard there was a new member so I wanted to at least come by and say hi.
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Tanya Starling wrote:Why thank you Sebastain for you warm hospitality; you are quite the gentleman. I look forward to perhaps meeting with you one day. You come off as being well spoken and educated, two traits I look for in an acquaintance. Maybe I can be the one to help you find the evidence you are looking for.

Thank you for the compliments.
I know that I can be rough around the edges on line. My manners do not translate well to text.
I assure you that in real life you would not recognise me.
Most people (except pariah who just calls me "asshole") describe me as a good guy.
I'll try not to disappoint.

I need to get out of Chicago soon. Maybe a trip to the northwest is in the stars.
I know that even hardcore positivists experience things they did not have an explanation for.
I am not looking to experience mysteries. I have that t-shirt already.
I am looking to explain them.
Question everything.
Tanya Starling

Post by Tanya Starling »

I just want to say "Thank You" to you both.

Natasha I can mail you a copy of all seven of my current books and an advanced copy of my eighth. I have a few extra copies hanging here somewhere that I will be more than happy to send you at no charge.

Skeptic once again you grace me with you kind and warm hearted words. I do so wish to meet you in the near future. I do believe that we have much that we can discuss perhaps over a glass of wine.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Wine is fine.
Question everything.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's

Wish I saw this this thread earlier, could have posted my greetin's here stead of there. Anyway, welcome to the Society Tanya. Hope you enjoy the stay.

PS: Ha, sounds like the new girl has a thing for ya' Skep. lol
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Tanya Starling wrote:I just want to say "Thank You" to you both.

Natasha I can mail you a copy of all seven of my current books and an advanced copy of my eighth. I have a few extra copies hanging here somewhere that I will be more than happy to send you at no charge.

That is very generous of you Tanya. Thanks!

I owe you one.
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Tanya Starling

Post by Tanya Starling »

It is no problem at all. In fact I can mail them to you as early as Thursday morning. I have a local book signing that I do every month in town, so I will just drop them off at the post office then. Just email an address to ship them to sweetie. I do so hope you enjoy them.

Thank you for your interesting greetings Mr. Holister.

As for that drink Sebastian perhaps we can have it as early as next month. I some business I need to conduct in Chicago during the second week of June. Perhaps, by chance, we can meet then.

Thank you all again, you all have been too kind.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Great.
You have my number.
Chicago has every kind of cuisine known to humanity.
Do you have dietary preferences/restrictions that I should be aware of?
I am also in possession of godly cooking skills.
Question everything.
Tanya Starling

Post by Tanya Starling »

It all sounds wonderful Sebastian. When I come to Chicago it will be a date then seeing how I just love Italian.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Welcome to the Society, Tanya.

There has been some increased activity in your neck of the woods. As usual the amount of work seems to outpace availability to work on it.

When I was in that part of the world on business I was taken into the Shanghai Tunnels of Portland, Oregon. I never saw the wolf or the ghosts that many others have reported. It's the kind of place Sasha or Magdalena should check out.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

Hello Tanya, I'm Melissa. I'm not really in your neck of the woods but it's nice this place brings together those from all sorts of backgrounds. Welcome to the boards.

If possible I'd like to get a copy of some of your work. I don't have as much time as I used to but Hannah and some of the others will attest I'm a pretty avid bibliophile.

PS: If you're in the market for books on the occult, witchcraft, etc, I know a friend in Chelsea who I could persuade to ship cross country.

"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Tanya Starling

Post by Tanya Starling »

Thank you very much. I may have to look into that offer. If you are interested in my work I can send them to you as I did with Natasha; just email me an address. It is the least I can do after so many people here have been so warm toward me since my arrival. Maybe when I come to New York in August I can look you up.
Tanya Starling

Post by Tanya Starling »

My assistant has arranged for a book signing for Friday June 13th. Jokes aside, I scheduled it that way because of my literary genre. So if you truly want to get together, we can do so that night. I will be arriving on the 12th, but I will have some business to attend to first. I will keep Friday night clear however for you Sebastian.
Holister

Post by Holister »

After reading this thread I think that this site needs another forum, "Dating Forum". lol Can call it "Phantom Loves" ;)
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well, if skeptic can find someone, than there has got to be hope for me. :lol:

A well meaning, if a bit late, welcome to you Tanya. :)
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD

Return to “Community Outreach”