Happy Holidays from Cypress Cove

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Holister

Happy Holidays from Cypress Cove

Post by Holister »

Howdy

Just wanted to let ya'll know that me and the family haven't forgotten about ya'll this holiday season. Everything is fine up here, family's doing well, peace and quiet way God intended I reckon. Few things that have crawled out of the dark places been able to make em' regret that decision right quick with a lil' help from my .30-30.

There is some bad news though, Duke, my faithful and loyal friend passed on some months ago of natural causes. Family says we should get a cat; I went a got a new puppy right the next day, named the pup Scout.

I know its been awhile and the roster changes faster than I change my socks, but I hope some of the ol' timers like me are still round; livin' to enjoy another sunrise and another day alive.

Well as the post says; Happy Holidays & Seasons Greetings from Cypress Cove.

PS: Don't eat the fruitcake. ;)
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Holister

Re: Happy Holidays from Cypress Cove

Post by Holister »

PPS: If anyone sees Ron or Hannah, tell them I said hi from me and my family.

PPPS: What the hell is a Domovoy? and what do you do with one?
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

A Domovoy is a type of house spirit, sometimes referred to as a barabashka. Appearance varies from monsterous to something like a cat or dog.

They can be like a poltergeist in that they can cause trouble when they're unhappy. That said, if you keep your house orderly and give them respect they're sometimes unseen members of the family and can protect or warn family members ofd angers. Mind you, be careful of dealing or with someone else's domovoy, who can be right pricks if they aren't 'yours'.

Not sure how to get rid of one. I've always understood it's easier to come to an accord with it and establish a rapport.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

I am pleased to hear you are well, my friend.

My condolences about Duke, he was a true friend to you.

Enjoy the time with your family, and make sure you pay extra attention to the antics and joys of the little ones, they grow up all too quickly.

My only request to you is that you take a single day and enjoy a peaceful sunrise and a pleasant sunset.

Oh, and give my best to the inhabitants of Cypress Cove, may the kami watch over and bless you all.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Ben!

I'm sorry to hear about Duke. He was a great dog.

I Hope you and Kelly and the kids have a wonderful Christmas!

Hannah

PS: Next time you see me I'll be a Mrs.!

PPS: Domovoi, like other such spirits are best politely negotiated with and treated with respect and hospitality, to do otherwise upsets them and leads to only more trouble.

PPPS: You've never tried one of my fruit cakes.
I will be who I chose to be.

Return to “Community Outreach”