New friend/apprentice

Come here to discuss the myriad of beliefs, customs and philosophies that exist in our megaverse.
KonThaak

New friend/apprentice

Post by KonThaak »

Not sure where this should go, so I'm throwing it in here.

So yesterday, after work, I went and met with a sponsee from my program, and afterwards, went to spend time with Lex and the kids. At the library, there was a cart of books waiting to be put away...and on the cart were four books about lakes. I don't even know why they drew my eyes, there wasn't anything particularly colorful or unique about any of them. It's just that my eyes were drawn to them. At the Dairy Queen, with my kids, whenever someone walked by our table, I kept hearing the words 'down by the lake'. And then I swear I got a text from my boyfriend asking who I was meeting by the lake, but when I looked again, it wasn't there.

Well, I recognize when signs are blatant that the universe is talking to me. So after seeing Lex and the kids off to their home, I headed back to mine, and packed up two tupperware bowls of chili and two thermoses of hot drinks--one hot cocoa, one hot sweet berry tea. I grabbed my phone, and the speakers I got from Thinkgeek, I grabbed some flower petals and a knife and some crystals, jumped in my car, and headed out to the lake.

While there, I decided, since it's a great place to bring the elements together, to perform a ritual to express my gratitude to the universe for everything it's been giving to me, lately. Hence the flower petals and the crystals and knife and whatnot. Well, as I was coming to the end of the ritual, I notice this other girl watching me. Dark haired, kind of dirty, but pretty, and with strong, sharp Native American features to her. She was just there, watching me, and she was the only other person out there...and I got a feeling with her, same as when I first saw Nick. A feeling of recognition, even though I didn't know this person.

I beckoned her over, and she came over and sat. It's November; the air was rather cool, and it was colder for the lake. I was starting to freeze my proverbial tail off. (Would've been nice if something else froze off, but alas, things don't ACTUALLY work that way...) She sat with me, and we ate chili, and got to talking.

Her name is Red Thunder, and she's from the Lakota tribe. She shows a lot of great potential for a mystic, but she has no formal training... She's also been drifting for so long that I gave her the nickname Red Leaf.

I took her home, got her cleaned up, and we talked long into the night about what her plans were from here. For right now, she'll stay with me, and start studying mysticism.

Boyfriend's moving in on December 7th. Need to start figuring out space issues between now and then. If I had an easier, more reliable way of entering Gabriel's Domain, it'd be less of a problem, but...ah, well.

We'll get it figured out. The universe brought us together for a reason, I'm sure.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Hannah

Re: New friend/apprentice

Post by Hannah »

Wow, there is so many awesome things in this post that it's impossible to address them all.

I am so happy for you Katie and I am sure that Red Thunder will benefit greatly from what she learns with you. I know I did.

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Gotham Witch

Re: New friend/apprentice

Post by Gotham Witch »

It sounds like things are going well in your neck of the neighborhood, I'm glad to hear it.

Congratulations on the... is apprentice the right word? I'm not as familiar with druidism or shamanism as I'd like. Regardless, she sounds like an interesting girl. I hope it works out.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen