Interesting night...

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
KonThaak

Interesting night...

Post by KonThaak »

I struggled with where to put this, and Gabriel pointed out to me that 'War Stories' was most appropriate for a number of reasons.

Hannah came to visit my dreamscape, last night. It was an interesting time, all around... Gabriel decided to make an appearance, and scared Hannah's Nightmare rather fiercely. He wound up taking her to his astral domain, where they distorted time together and had all kinds of wild adventures, I suppose.

Hannah and I got to pray together and talk at length, and we had a very good discussion on things. When Gabriel and Hannah's Nightmare "finally" came back...it was, well, a touching reunion.

I know I'm glossing over a lot; it's been a wild night, and despite having just woken up, I'm actually rather tired... Sorry for the vagueness of this post. I just wanted to mention that Hannah came to call, last night, and we had a pretty good time.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Gabriel

Re: Interesting night...

Post by Gabriel »

KonThaak wrote:Hannah's Nightmare

I would just like to point out, she DOES have a name. Though I suppose that it's best to let her introduce herself, if she chooses to.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

She didn't have much choice with you already so it's pretty hypocritical of you to talk about her choices now. Next time you want to reckllessly endanger the mind of a human being, don't.
Last edited by Cybermancer on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Matt, please, Gabriel did what he thought was right. I wish he had taken the time to discuss his exact plans with me so I could understand what he wanted to do.. The events regarding Caroline's birth left me somewhat unsettled with their abrupt suddenness.

On her behalf I would like to introduce Caroline, the entity that once was the nightmare that walked. She would like to say she is sorry about the pain her actions caused. I've been trying to get her around to apologize, but obviously that is a difficult thing.

She won't be introducing herself here, at least not directly. One of the more interesting things I've learned lately is whatever part of my sub-conscious she was birthed from, it didn't have my reading skills, so using a computer is actually quite beyond her.

As well intentioned as Gabriel's act was, it still has thrown off months of planning and work. There had been plans for a ritual to finally absorb the entity and heal the wound in my subconscious that had let it escape in the first place. Now we must change these plans to accommodate the very different nature of what Caroline is.

It is fortunate that during her time with Gabriel, Caroline has learned that she is ultimately an incomplete being and seeks to re-integrate with me. Her personality is so strong now that I don't think we could do it if she resisted, not that I would deprive an entity as sentient as her free will.

We hope that, with Caroline's help, I can be healed and restored on or about the 22nd of the month. With that complete there will never be a repeat of the events surrounding my nightmares ever again.

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Hannah,

While Gabriel's intentions and the results can both be viewed positively, his actions and the manner he went about them need to face criticism.

1. He acted unilaterally. That is contrary to the spirit of cooperation that is supposed to be fostered at this site.

2. In acting unilaterally, he did not seek out permission from the stakeholders in this. That means that he ignored the right of choice for both yourself and Caroline in this matter. So it is appropriate to point out his hypocrisy in now discussing her choice as it was not previously a deterring factor for him.

3. His actions put your mental health in danger. He risked years of hard work, all because he thought he knew better. Just because it worked out doesn't mean it had to. It is more an indication of the progress you and Caroline have made than his actions that it did work out.

4. Because he did not seek out the cooperation of others, years of hard work was jeopardized. And even though there was a positive result, we are now scrambling to make adjustments for the new factors he has forced upon us.

If he cannot accept that he acted inappropriately, then at least others need to be warned about his tendency to unilateral action and disregard for the rights of others. Good intentions simply are not enough when one is risking the well being of others or disregarding their rights as an individual.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Caroline existed before I affirmed her as an individual. She made distinctions between herself and Hannah. While Hannah had already been letting go the weight of her sins...Caroline had not. She did not know how. She was miserable being where she was, caged away as she was. She was trying, due to her love of Hannah, to be what everyone said she was, just a slight fragmentation of Hannah's anger. She was doing her best to BE that, but her shame and guilt weighed heavily on her.

I apologize for acting unilaterally, to all of you. I apologize for not discussing with Hannah in more detail what I was about to do. But in that moment, I could not justify letting what was going on to continue any longer. I extended a choice to her. I reached out to her, gave her the option of taking my hand, of going with me, or of shying away.

In accordance with the healing and therapy that both the Druid and I have received, I gave her the tools to shed her shame and guilt, and to see herself more clearly. I gave her the affirmation she needed in order to truly heal. She reached back to me, in return, and helped me find a great deal of peace I had begun to think I would never have.

She is not the same as me, but we shared many similarities. When I reached out to her, my expectation was that she would either not take my hand, or that one way or another, I would be the one who was hurt, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

I apologize for the difficulties that this has placed on you, Hannah, but if she had not been affirmed and allowed to heal, herself...she could have hurt you severely when you were magically re-integrated...and if that had happened, the re-integration would have very likely failed, and she would have blamed herself, further adding to her guilt and shame.

Again, I apologize. I will now withdraw from this, and trouble you no more.

Return to “War Stories”