BraveSirRobin

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
The Traveler King

BraveSirRobin

Post by The Traveler King »

Your most recent post has really piqued my interest. Can you please elaborate more on just what it was you encountered? You described a mantis-like creature and something you referred to as brain grubs. I find this disturbing in light of the field testing we've done recently at REC.
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

interesting... I was just about to post about how your news involving your field testing seemed to strike a disturbing chord of familiarity... my associate, Carl, who had been living down in the area for a couple years, referred to the Bug being some kind of advance agent for an invasion that never worked out due to the failure of the Y2K bug to manifest...

All I can say is, watch out for any team members that came back with bruises under their noses. Carl apparently had a whole group he worked with that got wiped out after two of its members showed back up a week or two after being captured by Stinky... they had big bruises under their noses after they "escaped". I watched one of those zombies hold down the poor schmuck who drove me down there while one of these big grubs the size of a rat squeezed its way up his nose... a minute later, Joe was back up and fighting on their side, sporting the signature zombie bruise. If Carl hadn't shown up then with his bow, I'd probably have suffered the same fate. I ended up having to take Joe out myself too... bloody nasty bit of business that was with the zombie LARPers... but now I'm rambling...
I'm not dead yet.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I've always said those games are dangerous.

Glad you made it back.

I might have to go bug zappin' with you soon.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

Just went and looked up your other post Robin, no wonder you've been MIA.
This brings back memories of the last brain eaters I encountered. That one was bizzare. But that's a different story, since these slugs don't sound like what I had to deal with.
Edit: A note, these sound a lot worse then what I had to deal with, since what I took care of had to change bodies every couple days.
Overspecialization leads to getting the crap beaten out of you.
Unreliable backup leads to getting thrown through a shed.
The Traveler King

That's what I thought it was, BraveSirRobin. I don't like how this is shaping up.

ADDENDUM: Yes, we were warned about the bruises under the nose. Got some footage of what were called Silkworm Zombies during the trip to that alternate Y2K world. The colloqial term for that egg layer you encountered is Stinkbug. I'm sorry to say, but there's more types out there.
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

update: keep seeing more and more of these... what'd you call em... "Silkworm Zombies" around town... luckily for me, none of them seem to recognize me, and none of them seem to live in the apartment complex I'm staying at, or else I'd probably have eaten the grill of a Mack truck by now. Still... I've been getting a very bad feeling lately... had some horrible nightmare last night, but I can't seem to remember any details... all I remember is that it was probably the worst nightmare I've had in about a decade, which is roughly half my life. And considering that Very Bad Things seem to tend to happen after I have nightmares lately... :shock:

Oh, and I think something's been following me... couldn't tell you what though. All I know is that whenever I walk anywhere outside at night, I get MONDO bad vibes, like something Evil is right behind me, but as soon as I turn around, nothing... the most I'll see is a little blur in the shadows, too quick and indistinct to identify in any way... think I caught it trying to talk to me once too... a seemingly disembodied voice from the pitch black that forms right in the middle of the space between streetlights... "hey... hey you... come here." I ran home that night... very, very, fast. Nearly got run over too... never should have gotten an apartment that close to the highway. >.<

If I didn't know better, I'd think I was being stalked by a Predator... or maybe that Chameleon Man thing you guys have been talking about...
Last edited by BraveSirRobin on Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not dead yet.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

This just keeps sounding worse and worse.
And the more I hear, the more I'm thinking you need some serious fire support. Preferably fire support with some mystic knowledge.

Edit: I just thought of something. You said that these zombies had you doped up in a hospital, right? They could'a made you one of them at any time during that. Is it possible that you're somehow immune? And if so, why didn't they just kill you?
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Ellie wrote:This just keeps sounding worse and worse.
And the more I hear, the more I'm thinking you need some serious fire support. Preferably fire support with some mystic knowledge.

Edit: I just thought of something. You said that these zombies had you doped up in a hospital, right? They could'a made you one of them at any time during that. Is it possible that you're somehow immune? And if so, why didn't they just kill you?
<Debunker>Stop encouraging and lying to him that zombies exist and that he might be immune to them. Robin, stop lying, too! There were no zombies in the hospital. It was just the pain medication.

If I had a penny for every time someone was doped up by zombie doctors my already vast fortunes would be quadrupled within a few days!</Debunker>
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
The Traveler King

The upshot is that this seems to be a comparatively small group. None of them seemed to be able to follow our test vehicles back. (The damaged unit had nothing to do with the insect creatures.)
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

Ellie wrote:This just keeps sounding worse and worse.

hmm... good question. since I can't think of any better reason not to eat my brain, I'd willing to bet my money on the immunity theory... but who knows why I'm not dead... maybe Stinky's worried about malpractice investigations? :P

somehow, with the ever popular impending sense of doom, I forgot to mention the good news in all of this (other than, you know, my still being alive)... I don't know if the drugs just clicked something in my brain or what, but I seem to have learned a new trick or two... now I can bill myself as BraveSirRobin, complete with hands-free lightswitch flicking action! Still think I'm gonna need that fire support though...

and bad dreams and reports of doppelganger activity continue, as per normal.
I'm not dead yet.
Debunker
Location: My Paranromal team is based in the U.K., but we travel world wide

Post by Debunker »

BraveSirRobin wrote:since I can't think of any better reason not to eat my brain, I'd willing to bet my money on the immunity theory... but who knows why I'm not dead... /

I got an excellent reason for you, its because they don't really exist and your not in danger of having your brain eaten! Your obviously suffering from delusions and your mind is playing some serious tricks on you sir.

Have you considered that the drugs you were under were used to keep you sedated so you'd stop being a threat to anyone? Would your time in the hospital coincinde with your family casting you out of their house? Perhaps you became a danger to them and they had to send away for treatment?

Your seeing visions of monsters and zombies under the drug influence where they are really people, a classic case of confabulation. Seek professional help immediately before someone or yourself gets hurt.
Elliott James Tobias III
AKA: Debunker

"The truth is indeed out there...science has been pointing it out for centuries."
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

You know... I might actually take you up on that advice... but the only people I know in the mental health profession are my parents, and judging by them, that whole field is the blind leading the blind.
I'm not dead yet.
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

BraveSirRobin wrote:hmm... good question. since I can't think of any better reason not to eat my brain, I'd willing to bet my money on the immunity theory... but who knows why I'm not dead... maybe Stinky's worried about malpractice investigations? :P

somehow, with the ever popular impending sense of doom, I forgot to mention the good news in all of this (other than, you know, my still being alive)... I don't know if the drugs just clicked something in my brain or what, but I seem to have learned a new trick or two... now I can bill myself as BraveSirRobin, complete with hands-free lightswitch flicking action! Still think I'm gonna need that fire support though...

and bad dreams and reports of doppelganger activity continue, as per normal.

I'm still worried about why they didn't kill you, but I'm willing to consider that "Stinky" wants to play with you for a while before killing you.
As to the fire support, I'm afraid I'm out of action for now, so I can't really help any time soon.
Getting chucked into/through a small shed does that.
The Traveler King

Debunker wrote:
BraveSirRobin wrote:since I can't think of any better reason not to eat my brain, I'd willing to bet my money on the immunity theory... but who knows why I'm not dead... /

I got an excellent reason for you, its because they don't really exist and your not in danger of having your brain eaten! Your obviously suffering from delusions and your mind is playing some serious tricks on you sir.

Have you considered that the drugs you were under were used to keep you sedated so you'd stop being a threat to anyone? Would your time in the hospital coincinde with your family casting you out of their house? Perhaps you became a danger to them and they had to send away for treatment?

Your seeing visions of monsters and zombies under the drug influence where they are really people, a classic case of confabulation. Seek professional help immediately before someone or yourself gets hurt.

Debunker, come to the REC facilities and I will happily show you just what we are dealing with here. I want you to see this up close and personal. I'm going to keep calling you out on this until you either show up or shut up.

Return to “Agency Voice”