Hope is the thing that is left to us, in a bad time.

Come here to discuss the myriad of beliefs, customs and philosophies that exist in our megaverse.
KonThaak

Re: Hope is the thing that is left to us, in a bad time.

Post by KonThaak »

The thing I am sad about is transitioning from one phase of my life into a new one. Whenever there is a change, there is grief--even if only a small amount, sometimes.

This is an ideal that is echoed by my spiritual forebears... In traditional Druidry, there is a belief in an Otherworld, where our souls go when we die...and from where our souls come when we are born. A death here is a birth there...and a birth here is a death, there. The idea is that our souls are in an endless cycle of death and rebirth.

Thus, when a person dies...it is typical for a traditional Druid to hold a ceremony of mourning...followed by a celebration for the birth in the Otherworld. Likewise, when a child is born, there is a celebration...followed by a period of mourning for the death in the Otherworld.

I am not a traditional Druid, but this dichotomy of sorrow and joy, especially with what I have been learning about all the rest of the dichotomies within myself, rings very true...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I don't see it as anybody dying though. Instead I see a union. Two parts coming together to form one whole that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Maybe a marriage is a better analogy.

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Even a marriage is a transition, dear. The ending of one cycle of one's life, where one writes their own life rules, and the beginning of a new cycle, where one now shares their life with someone else. There is something lost in a marriage, but what is gained, when the marriage is appropriate, is worth the loss. Therefore, going into a marriage, it is not uncommon, unusual, or a sign of something being wrong for one or both parties to experience fear (an acknowledgement of the impending changes) and mild grief. If one works through these appropriately, prior to the ceremony's date, then it is far easier to move forward into the union with nothing but joy. However, many do not, and there is a common misconception that the fear and grief are inappropriate responses. This commonly leads to "cold feet", and, subsequently, broken hearts, broken trust, self-esteem issues, etc.

In all changes, there is something lost, and something gained. To acknowledge both the loss and the gain is the healthiest thing I can do.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Live your life well, my friend, and never forget that the act of living is the purpose to life.

Although I may not be (have been?) there in person does not lessen my joy at the news.

Always remember, that as long as there is life, there is also hope. Our position within the great wheel may give us great pain, but it also gives us the free will to make things better than they are now.

If you ever feel the need for tea, call upon me and I shall endeavor to come.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Always and any time, Master Li. Just let me know when to expect you.