Techno Horror

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.
Cybermancer

Techno Horror

Post by Cybermancer »

There are a number of movies that cross genre boundaries. Take the original Terminator movie for example. Was it Sci-Fi or was it Horror?

My point is that while most of at this site realize the reality and dangers of ghosts, vampires, werewolves and zombies, we sometimes don't realize or recognize the dangers of our own creativity. Now, I'm hardly a technophobe. Quite the opposite, I am a technophile. Yet I see developments in some areas being pursued by myself and others and occasionally I wonder if we'll recognize in time that we are about to go to far. If we haven't already.

We are still a long way away from giant mecha. Yet the field of robotics continues to advance.

Many of those advances I have detailed in my technology project thread. Some more have happened since. Speaking of Sci-Fi horror movies, anyone remember Aliens?

Remember the movie Chuckie? Imagine if that entity had gotten their hands on something with a bionic body?

When it comes to military robots, many advancements are being made in the areas of locomotion and ability to operate as part of a human section.

Nor is NATO the only group who is investing in military robotics. Russia is getting into the game with robots of their own.

So what of humanoid robots? How long before they become active?

Are we sure they're not already?
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Gotham Witch

Re: Techno Horror

Post by Gotham Witch »

Demons, ghosts? These things I can understand.

Machines? Those scare me.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Don't worry. It's not like anyone is working on giant black skull clad robots to hunt down mages or anything like that.

:D
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

I found something that might be scary for those scared of giant spiders. The Mantis is a first, very slow, step towards giant mecha. I want me one of these. And for some reason, I picture it painted black with maybe a couple of cannons on either side.