New

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Sully

New

Post by Sully »

Hey.

Quite obviously, I'm new to this forum. I stumbled on it while doing some research about werewolves. I've read through a few of the posts here, and I can see there's a lot of opinion on the subject. Can anyone point me toward more info and resources maybe?

Thanks.

-Sully
Technocrat

Re: New

Post by Technocrat »

I have information on just about any subject you care to name. If you care to pay the price that is.
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
Sully

Post by Sully »

Technocrat wrote:I have information on just about any subject you care to name. If you care to pay the price that is.

And what's the price for info on werewolves?
Grace

Post by Grace »

Hi Sully. Welcome to the boards.

Whatever they're charging, it's probably too much. There's lots you can learn for free here.

What is it you want to know?

I can tell you a few things in general if you like.

Creatures that are generally accepted to be werewolves are virtually invulnerable to all weapons except for those made of silver. Or at least coated in silver. Oh, and they heal damage rapidly so if you hurt them, you gotta keep it up until they drop. Wolfsbay repels them. They can change into wolves or what is often referred to as a hybrid form which combines the best of the animal and human forms. In their human forms they have above average physical abilities. Equal to very athletic humans. You can expect them to have superior senses, especial in wolf form.

Don't get into the reach of these things unless you're either unusually strong or fast. If you think you're strong or fast enough, you probably aren't. Unless you happen to be an Olympian athlete. Even then, you might not cut it. Take 'em at range and have some back up with you.

They work either alone or in groups. I know of two occasions of werewolves working with vampires despite rumors that they are mortal enemies.

Other than that, each encounter is different. Some seem more feral than others. Some seem to disdain the use of modern weapons while others embrace it.

That about exhausts what I know. I'm sure others can fill in the blanks.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

Sully,

Are you a serious researcher or is your interest based on some kind of personal experience?

I myself am very interested in the subject of Werewolves and other Therians. I am always willing to exchange information on their habits, their abilities and their locations.

Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

You may get a lot of general information for free here, but when you've exhausted that and start wanting to know specifics, you let me know. I'm talking about names, places and activities now.

But you're going to have to pay.
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Sully,

Nice to meet you.

In regards to werewolves a few of us have had experiences with them. Some bad, some good. What would you like to know?

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Sully

Post by Sully »

Grace: Thanks for the info, it was helpful. Anything else you know or think of, I'd be glad to hear it.

Last Moon: My interest is more personal then professional. I'd be happy to hear any info you might have on werewolves, other sites online can be very contradictory. Locations would be very helpful, also.

Hannah: I'm looking for any and all information I can get. Have you yourself encountered them? If so, how did you survive it?

Technocrat: How much are we talking here, and how in-depth is your information?

Thanks for the responses, people. Good to know people are interested in helping others out here.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Sully,

It's been mostly situational in my case. None of the werewolves I've encountered have decided to try to kill me. Some, because they were nice people, some because they were working with something even worse that had bad plans for me.

Hannah
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

Sully,

The reason for the contradictory nature on websites is that there are more than one kind of Therian. Some Therians are born that way, others are created. Some are physical transformations, some are mental transformations and some are spiritual transformations. In addition to wolves virtually every predatory mammalian species and several avian and reptilian species have representative Therianthropes.

I am looking at producing a catalog in an appropriate format for this site, btu as of yet that project is incomplete.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

You are quite welcome here.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Sully

Post by Sully »

Sorry for the late replies, but I had some personal things to take care off.

Hannah & Last Moon: Thanks for the further replies. So, both of you are saying that werewolves aren't inherently evil? That seems to go against my own observation and that of others whom I've read talking about the creatures. I'd love any more info on that you may have. Do either of you have any info on werewolves in the Boston area by chance?

Cybermancer: I'm looking for info, as I said above, on werewolves in the Boston area. Do you have any?
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

Sully,

Evil is not really a concept that we can apply to the Therians. Their brains work in ways that are different from ours so that even those that observe human moral norms find themselves subject to urges to hunt and kill that are far stronger than any non psychopathic human does.

Therians come in three major types which I have labeled Natural, Transformed and Lifted.

Natural are the most stable of Therian kind. They are born as Therians and grow up learning to master their abilities. This allows them greater control over their urges and allows them to blend in well. Even with this control they still tend to be emotional and intuitive in their actions rather than displaying logical reasoning. They also seem to be somewhat impaired in their creative ability compared to humans, though this is not universal. It is these Natural Therians that are my primary field of inquiry.

Transformed are humans who have been turned into Therians by diverse means, usually involving contact with another Transformed Therian. These Therians often have considerable difficulties controlling their abilities and frequently are unaware they have them. Instead they transform into hybrid or animal forms in response to stimulus (from the classic full moon to extreme emotional duress). When this happens nearly all semblance of human intellect vanishes.

The final class of Therians, the Lifted start as animals that gain the ability to transform into a human form. These are the hardest to study the behavioral traits of. It seems that they normally act like normal animals of their kind and only transform into human form to satisfy some biological need (typically feeding, but some varieties use this ability for breeding purposes) and have great difficulty passing as human for more than the briefest encounters.

Best of luck in Boston.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Sully,

There werebeasts I have encountered have been distinctly individuals each with their own individual motivations for their actions. In my experience the individual differences within werebeasts are as great as they are within human beings and are a greater factor for determining good and evil within the kind rather than something inherent in the kind.

Hannah
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

Hannah,

there are definitely individual differences in the temperament of Therians, however all experience a fusion of beast and human mental characteristics. This fusion can lead to unpredictable and often predatory behaviors, even among Therians that ascribe to human moral codes.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

The idea that Therians are a fusion of human and beast mental characteristics is to suggest that humans are not also beasts.

It should also be remembered that humans aren't just predators, they're super-predators. Something aside from appearance that we have in common with Therians.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

We are indeed super predators, and I've made a point of shutting down those turning their gifts for such against their own kind as much as I have in fighting those external threats to our species.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

Humans are indeed super predators, but we require the use of technology (in their time, a sharpened stone, a burning branch or a sturdy club were advanced technologies) in order to hunt effectively.

Therians are predators in body as well as mind. They are primed to respond like a wolf, or tiger or bear alongside of their more human faculties. The best, and most dangerous of both worlds.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Last Moon,

I've known a few humans who could hunt with their bare hands if they wanted to. Some I called cousin, one I call Daddy.

I've also had the pleasure of meeting a man who could dodge bullets and punch through brick walls. He was fortunately very understanding about me pointing a shotgun at him.

So I think you are perhaps underestimating our kind.

Hannah
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

He might be.

But it doesn't change the fact that werebeasts are dangerous.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Dad,

You're more dangerous than any werebeast I've encountered. Should I hold that against you?

Hannah
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

Mr. Caliburn, Hannah.

it sounds like both of you have had multiple encounters with Therians. I would be very interested in interviewing you for details. Please contact me if you are interested in participating.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Last Moon,

I have indeed encountered a few Therians. Some of them are close friend sof mine. I intend to respect their privacy on this however. The world knowing too much about them too fast would be very dangerous for them

Hannah
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

There are a lot of things you can hold against me Hannah. I consider myself lucky that you still speak with me.

Delta Sierra

Return to “Agency Voice”