Introduction

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Ken

Introduction

Post by Ken »

Yo.

A girl at school overheard me talking about demons and stuff. She suggested I check this place out.

Haven't done much other than look over the thread titles. Anything special I should look into?

I'm interested in curses, black magic, demons, ghosts, haunting, miscellaneous spirits and so on.

It's not what it seems. I'm not trying to get involved in this stuff.

I think I might already be.
Sparks

Re: Introduction

Post by Sparks »

Try anything under 'War Stories' probably.

Welcome to the madhouse. We've got witches, pyros, hunters, and loons.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Why do you have birds here?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

To liven the place up. It gets awfully dour without 'em sometimes.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Well I've heard that New York is the city that never sleeps. So that shouldn't be a problem, huh?

So how serious is this place, anyway? These things all really happen?
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

That answer depends on how sound you sleep at night. Once you're in the 'know', you can't go back.

In short, you decide for yourself.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Ken,

Welcome to Lazlo!

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Hi Ken. Glad you found the place. I'm sure someone will be able to help you with your problem here.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Robyn

Post by Robyn »

Hello Ken.

How about you tell us more about the situation with your parents?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Yeah, sorta.

Things have been weird. I hear things moving in the house late at night. Small objects are never where I left them. Sometimes the shadows seem to take shapes. Like people but stretched thin.

My parents used to notice these things and we were talking about moving but now they've been acting strange. We've stopped going to church, all the crosses and verses have been taken off the walls and the bibles are all gone. I've heard them talking with each other in what sounds like some foreign language but they've never been out of the country.

I got a hold of a young priest and an old priest. They came by and checked things out but found nothing wrong. And that day my parents decided to act perfectly normal. So they left. But the other day I learned the old guy was in an accident and the young guy was transferred.

The parents are back to acting like freaks.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hmmmm,

a few things here:

First off, if you ever feel you are in real danger, get out, as fast as you can. Call Cynthia, I'm sure our folks will pick you up.

Second, it's not unusual for this sort of phenomena to suddenly vanish like that. Especially in the face of those who could potentially help.

Third, there are people here who can help. This doesn't sound like my thing, but there are others who deal with this sort of thing fairly regularly . . . well as regular as this stuff can be.

Is there any specific incident or trigger point that stands out in your mind for when this began?

Hannah
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

On another note, I happen to know a couple of people who could help you out.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
freerunner92

Post by freerunner92 »

Hey Ken,

nice to meet you the other night. Hope things go okay when you move.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hey man, it was really cool to meet you too. I didn't know Cynthia went running at night or I might have asked to join in sooner. Man, you guys are hardcore.

Anyway, even though I'm moving to Richmond VA, I'll still be in touch through this site.

Again, it was awesome to meet you and I'll be keeping in touch.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

You're moving to Richmond too, are you Ken? I'm moving that way myself this week.

From what you've described, it sounds like your parents are possessed by demons. It's something I have a little expertise in.

If you like, I could drop in visit you in Richmond. See if I can help you out.
"After Hiroshima was bombed, I saw a photograph of the side of a house with the shadows of the people who had lived there burned into the wall from the intensity of the bomb. The people were gone, but their shadows remained."

-Ray Bradbury
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks! You don't know how glad I am to hear you say that! I'll PM you some contact information.
freerunner92

Post by freerunner92 »

She also has no love for the wolves that paid you a visit Ken, just so you know should you see one again.

Of course I hate them even more than she does/
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

I was at Ken's today. The cover story was for all intents and purposes true. I was there as a representative of a school that will be opening up soon and Ken was being scouted as a possible student.

During my interview with his parents, I was able to determine that they were in fact possessed. The nature of the possession was what is generally considered demonic.

Demonic can be a tricky word in this business. It could mean that they are from Hades, Dyval or the hells of the Yama kings. In this case, it was none of the above. These were free agents, so to speak. Archaic fiends with no current allegiance but occasionally contracted by the other powers.

Fortunately I had taken pains not to be recognized as an investigator so I was able to spot the signs with these two.

The trick was to watch their shadows. Shadows don't normally form recognizable smiles or frowns. Nor do they take actions that their originators do not take. They certainly don't effect the world around them. These mischievous beings can't help but try and prank those around them. Especially if they think that they can get away with it.

But these demons can be especially hard to spot when they savvy that someone is looking for them. They will often willingly relinquish control of their victims when faced with psychics or mages who can detect them. Once the danger passes, they reassert their control.

While possessing humans, they appear to have normal human abilities but can manifest incredible feats of strength and endurance when motivated to do so. When they do so, the eye color of the host usually changes. Black is a common color but so is red, yellow or green.

I caught them both off guard with my restraining spell. With no abilities beyond physical ones, they were helpless while I created a protection circle for Ken and myself. They were still helpless when I exorcised them from their chosen vessels. Well other than vulgarities that they hurled liberally but I have a pretty thick skin.

Ken's parents are back in control of their bodies now and only have vague recollections of the last year or so. They are unharmed and are grateful, being at least vaguely aware that they have not been themselves lately.

There are questions that remain however. Why did these beings target Ken's parents? Why didn't they hurt Ken? Were they part of some other entities scheme or plan? Why move to Richmond Virginia?

I will be keeping tabs on the family both to try and find the answers to these questions and also to ensure the demons do not return.
"After Hiroshima was bombed, I saw a photograph of the side of a house with the shadows of the people who had lived there burned into the wall from the intensity of the bomb. The people were gone, but their shadows remained."

-Ray Bradbury
freerunner92

Post by freerunner92 »

Great news.

See Ken, it ain't all stories.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Great job all around!

See Ken, you managed to get help for all of this.

Hannah
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

If you parents are possessed by demons, it would be best to put them out of their misery as soon as possible. Why? The quicker you put them down, the quicker you end their suffering.

~ Mordred
I am the thing that goes bump in the night!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Huh. Kind of glad you didn't contribute until after it was all resolved anyway. Because seriously dude, that is harsh.
freerunner92

Post by freerunner92 »

Welcome to the jungle Ken.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

If you need help putting down demons, let me know.

Just me being alive is incredibly insulting to many.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

If they come back, I'll let you know. I'm not as much for physical confrontations as I used to be.

-Ray Bradbury
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

But now you have friends who can make up for that.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra

Return to “Agency Voice”