Things Aren’t Going Right

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Eilonwy Solstice

Things Aren’t Going Right

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Sometimes being sensitive to the supernatural is wearying; literally. For the past month and a half, my sleep has been interrupted at irregular intervals by nightmares, dream intrusions, and visions that are most certainly clairvoyant in nature . . . unfortunately, “clairvoyance” deals, like Hannah suggests the fey realm does, with all manner of times. Past, present, future . . . sometimes even more than one at the same time. When we’re lucky, there are impressions to help differentiate those times, dictating just what ought to be done.

When luck is absent, however, we’re left to do our best with this given knowledge and hope to God that we can make the most difference, coupled with the best outcome possible in the circumstances provided.

I’m . . . still debating on which one this is. I woke from yet another horrid, vibrant yet forgettable nightmare, sitting up straight and something hard and soft all at once crashing against my chest as I gasped for breath.

“Eilonwy, are you all right?”

It took me a moment to register my surroundings. I was sitting in a comfortable, though different, bed; Matthew had invited me to live in his mansion; I’d accepted and moved in just a few days ago. The bed’s mattress was currently lopsided in minute portions. It took me an eternal second to figure out why that was and why something slim and warm was cradling my back and shoulders and rubbing my chest soothingly: Clarity was sitting beside me, supporting my shoulders and back with one arm and gently rubbing the valley of my neck and chest with her other hand.

“Yes,” I tried to say, but ended up hacking into a cough.

“You’re bleeding, Eilonwy,” she declared. “Here.”

Soft, gauzy material gently pressed against my eye sockets. Despite the girl’s tender dabbing motions, my sockets throbbed abominably through no fault of hers.

“Always do with these sorts of dreams,” I murmured huskily. “It’ll pass.”

In response, she hugged me warmly, wiping my sockets and bloodstained cheeks dotingly.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

I did. But it would take me time. After taking a moment to calm my heart and settle my tumbling thoughts, I took a deep breath, concentrated to bring the cause of my rude awakening to memory, and told her what I’d dreamed.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Eilonwy Solstice

Betrayal in Time

The dream started out as a clear field of sorts, superimposed by something else I couldn’t immediately define, but lightly added shade to the entire landscape, framing the top and sides in quiet black and everything else in pale beige. Ron and Darcy, warmly holding each other about the shoulders and waist, strolled through the field. They were smiling and showing little signs of affection; light touches, kisses, shared looks, and the like.
_

The sun began to tilt according to a day waning in age; fast in its movement and yet slow, too. The field darkened, changing into the interior of a living room. The black and beige superimposition grew clearer in color and definition as well, two points of blue and gray showing between the black frames. Ron and Darcy stood, hands clasped, and gestured about the blank interior with their free hands. Sunlight purled through a window, but the walls were otherwise bare. The flooring was thick, smooth, and evenly coated maroon; the tint reminded me of dried blood.
__

Objects faded into view as the sun squatted lower in the sky, glinting through the window before fossilizing entirely, solidifying the atmosphere to dried honey or amber. Sophisticated weapons grew in layers along the walls until they resembled a fish’s hide. Ron and Darcy stood side by side over a cluttered workspace, close but not touching, obsessing over their newest designs for . . . something. Interaction was limited to curt, unheard remarks; they shared a cluster of Ron’s tools between them. Watching them from behind, at a door bleeding a mucky light, a short, petite girl waited. She was dressed in gloomily styled clothes, pocked with slight references to feminine wiles and fashion. Her hair is past her shoulders and braided along the sides. She has no face; just a torn, black residue that could be imperfectly copied by shadow.

But the black hole silhouetting her face doesn’t matter. Her face has been seen before. It’s been watching me ever since the start of the dream. Framed with black hair, steel-blue eyes staring at me. A single word burns in my mind.

Cynthia.

___

The stale, honeyed atmosphere has shattered, leaving a filmy, dark aftertaste to the room. The sun had already set, gouging deep shadows into the room. The maroon carpet has long since died to black. The armory on the walls has gone through some changes; some weapons are missing and others have changed places. More than a few can be found on Ron and Darcy’s persons. They were on opposite sides of the room, working on their own projects. Between them, the void-faced girl impressing me as Cynthia went back and forth, apparently at their beck and call, handing tools from a gathered pile on a table in the middle of the room.

If ever Ron and Darcy “speak” to each other, it’s always through the girl between them.

During one particularly fast, vicious, and silent exchange, the void-faced girl holds up her hands to her chest, palms out. From a girl with a face, she might have been pleading. However, without one, the motives behind her sudden response are unfathomable. Ron and Darcy turn, their eyes dead, and look at the girl, than at each other.

Anger and hate emanate from each. Sorrow, jealousy, and impatience coil about in a brumal wind. When no response is forthcoming from either, the girl drags her arms to her sides in what might be exasperation. However, there is no such feeling from her body. She might be a hollowed out shell, pretending to be human.

Finally, she stalks toward the threshold where there is no door, but a mucky light that draws away from the light rather than adding to it. The void faced, girl’s body fades from view before she actually walks through the foul gate.
Eilonwy Solstice

Murder Most Atrocious

The dull, filmy look is replaced with gray shadows. As night swallows up the vestiges of the fossilized light, attention is brought back to Darcy’s belly. It grows with each successive arc of the sun, although with such slight changes it is difficult to see a difference until sunlight is exchanged for moonbeam.

She is pregnant. By night, she is about three months along.

An unknown woman with black hair and a bluish-purple gaze seems to take on the role as mediator between the harassed couple. The impression comes that she had come from the door with the mucky, indecent light, but she never actually passes between the jambs. She stands a little bit away from the mucky light, still clearly in view. Her hands wave emphatically.

She stiffens, her mouth open and biting down. A crimson trickle kneels down below her lip. She falls. Directly behind her, holding a small blade, is the girl without a face. She steps over the unknown body with casual grace. This deathly attack unnerves Darcy; or so might be believed, as her and Ron’s backs are all to be seen of them.

Time slows. It takes an hour for Darcy to rush to the unknown woman; within that same hour, the faceless body shifts her attention to Ron and nods imperceptibly.

Times snaps into motion once again, and he takes Darcy from behind, one arm hooks about her neck. A knife flashes as his other hand stabs for her back. The knife disappears and she shudders and bends backward. Bending her as though to bury the hilt with enough force to break her back, he sets her on the ground.

Darcy’s anger and surprise fade. Ron kneels, turns her face away, and shuts her eyes in one motion. When he stands, the girl’s body is next to him. She cannot smile, but it feels that way, anyway. There is a sense of exhilaration. She rubs Ron’s back in a fashion that borders on inappropriate, if it hasn’t passed it entirely.

Then, hand in hand, handler and weapon walk toward the mucky light of the doorway. Ron goes through first. The girl’s body pauses. Her hair swishes as she turns her head. The void blackness remains still. In moments, the blackness has my full attention. It’s uncertain if it begins to grow or if I’m being drawn toward it. But no matter how hard I try, I cannot break free of the void.

It grows, deeper, blacker, and more menacing. When the blackness engulfs all, something in the middle appears. It too, grows, but whether with the blackness, because of it, or something else, is unknown.

It looks like a pillar without foundations. At the top, there are three shapes . . . visages. They are next to each other, larger than anything, the two outermost male, one demonic, and the middle . . . a woman. Each one of them has their own brand of villainy; their mouths gape open to swallow me, horrifically melded.

I think it was my scream that brought Clare running to me.
Hannah

Re: Things Aren’t Going Right

Post by Hannah »

Hi Wie,

I know they are having troubles right now, but no way would Dad hurt Darcy. Not with what he had to give up to make this work.

Hannah

P.S.: Which one of us told you Darcy was pregnant? We were trying to keep that quiet.
I will be who I chose to be.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Wie, Hannah's right. Ron and I are going through a rough spot but I don't doubt his affection for me at all. And I can't imagine Cynthia ever allowing me to come to harm.

Thank you though. I appreciate the heads up. Perhaps Ron and I just need a way to work through our differences.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
LostSeeker

Post by LostSeeker »

From what I understand of such dreams, they are highly subjective. Full of metaphor and clouded details. For example, one of the people I worked with during my time in the Order was a clairvoyant also. She was deathly afraid of spider because of a dream she had had as a child. Apparently she knew that a spider would one day kill her. Of course, she later died at the hands of Ghostspider.

Oh, and congratulations Ms. Darcy!!
Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth-Sherlock Holmes
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

If Momma has a baby, then she won't have as much time for me anymore. :(
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Don't think that way kid. You are not losing anything. You are instead gaining something.

Younger siblings can be a pain, and will drive you nuts almost all the time, but it can also be very rewarding.

Family is a good thing Cynthia. Don't fear it, embrace it.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

GS Is right Cyn.

I am so glad having you around, even if you do drive me nuts sometimes. :P

Hannah
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

GhostSpider wrote:Family is a good thing Cynthia. Don't fear it, embrace it.

Fear is for those who are incapable of acting.

I am not afraid.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Cybermancer

Two dead, Two missing.

Post by Cybermancer »

God Cynthia, I pray you didn't take an action you and everyone else will regret.

Miss Solistice has proven quite correct at least partially so far. Things have not been going right.

Last night I was expecting a private investigator in my employ, Jinx, to report in with regards to her investigation into the cult that's been giving us so much trouble.

There was a concern in her last message that she may have been discovered and that extraction might be difficult. So I asked Ron and Darcy to help see her safely out.

She didn't report at the duly appointed time so I started getting anxious. Attempts to contact Ron and Darcy failed. So early this morning I went to investigate in person.

I found my PI, dead. I also found Darcy, also dead. There were signs of a struggle at the location. I have been unable to contact Ron or ascertain what my have happened to him. Checking the Caliburn home also revealed that Cynthia is missing. Attempts to contact her have also failed.

We're still looking into this but the situation appears to be bleak. I'll post again when there's more news.

This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Cybermancer

From bad to worse.

Post by Cybermancer »

The forensics people are pouring over the site now. Hannah and Mel are both wrecks and it hasn't been any easier given all the hard questions they're being asked by the authorities right now. I've been shielding them as much as I can and my lawyers are definitely earning their pay today.

For those who are interested, Jinx's funeral is tentatively planned for Monday in New York while Darcy will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday in DC. There's a few more complications with regards to her arrangements.

Since Cynthia is underage, a missing person's report has already been filed for her and Ron is considered a person of interest in her disappearance.

I really hate to have to say this but if any of you see either of them, use extreme caution. We can't assume anything for good or ill at this point. Which just makes it that much harder.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Do you need any help?

WWVLD
Cybermancer

Yes, definitely.

Post by Cybermancer »

The big mystery right now is what happened to Ron and Cynthia. The FBI are all over both crime scenes right now so access is more or less denied and will likely be highly contaminated after they're done.

Still, if there's anything you can do, please do so.

Bear in mind that we cannot confirm Cynthia or Ron's current alligiance. They may or may not be acting on their own behest. For all we know, they've been taken prisoner by some unknown force.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well, I can get into the crime scene and take someone with me. I'm not much of a dectective.

Also, with Darcy...gone and Ron's status unknown, you're going to need someone who can throw down. Especially when it comes time to retrieve (or contain) Ron and Cynthia.

WWVLD
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Indeed, we are a little short of 'hitters' at the moment. Still, we're going to need to find Ron and Cynthia before any action can be taken.

Also, I would advise everyone that this is not a case where you should assume the government (IE the FBI) is unaware of or unprepared for the paranormal. In otherwords don't go snooping around the crime scene and assume you won't be noticed or engaged in some way.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I am not worried about the feds. I have ways around that. Should anyone want to see the crime scene, let me know.

WWVLD
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

No seriously, you're not as prepared as you think you are. Please stay away from the crime scene until the FBI has done its job.

Also, I will remind everyone that it was one of my people who was murdered along with Darcy. Other investigators are being allowed to work with the FBI as consultants on this. When they learn something, we'll share it, with consideration to legal requirements.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Very well. I will instead focus my energies on tracking down Ron and Cynthia. I will need a few things though.

1. Access to the last place Ron was seen.
2. A blood sample from Ron, or if none is available, a sample from an immediate family member.

WWVLD
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

The last place Ron was known to be is the crime scene. He has been positively placed there. I'm told access could come as early as tomorrow.

I'll have to talk about your other request with Hannah.
freerunner92

Post by freerunner92 »

Sounds like your hero may be a zero there.
Daichan

Post by Daichan »

freerunner92 wrote:Sounds like your hero may be a zero there.

Maybe you missed it, but two women are dead and an underaged girl who her whole life has been a victim is also missing. Just when she found a family. Isn't family why you're the angst king here?

Show a little respect or get lost.
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

This is an alarming turn of events.

I hope that Ron Caliburn and the girl are found and things are straightened out as soon as possible.

My condolances to others who were Darcy's friends and to surviving family of Jinx as well.

I for one regret that I shall never have the privilidge of sparring with Darcy again. She was always a worthy challenge.
Honor is the conceit we allow ourselves to feel superior to others.
Clarity

It’s probably my stupidness that I can’t understand you, sor

Post by Clarity »

_____Hi, Mr. freerunner92. That’s a lovely name. I’ve been waiting for Miss Wie to come welcome you, but she hasn’t been at her typer thing. She just walks by it, stops, eats her lips, and holds her hands tight like this. Then she walks away. Is it okay if I welcome you, instead? She’s prettier and smarter than me, though. But she must be busy or her eye holes are hurting or something like that. I’ll try to build her something nice tonight. Maybe it will help her.
_____Can I ask what you’re writing about in some of your other writes, Mr. freerunner92? They’re hard to understand. Who are you writing to with them? It thinks like you’re writing to Mr. Ron, but I’m not sure. Can we help you?
_____P.S. Try to have a good day, okay? That might help, right?
When my dreams and visions help people, it’s not a burden, it’s a good thing.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Well shit.
You know how to contact us, if you need us.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

...well, that explains why Mel's been nearly impossible to reach lately.

Christ.

My condolences to those left behind. I'm a bit out of the loop - no shock - but if I can do anything for anyone, by all means ask.

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hello Kolya, Konrad and Sparks.

All help is wanted and appreciated at this point, but until we get some solid leads on my father and sister all we can do is try to continue the work that had already been started.

Hannah
LostSeeker

Post by LostSeeker »

Any updates? How is the search progressing?
Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth-Sherlock Holmes
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Sorry for taking so long with this everyone. The funerals took more time and effort than I imagined. Also as you can well imagine there have been some extreme emotional issues to cope with right now.

Jinx was bringing back an intelligence report on the shadowy cult we've been dealing with for months now. She'd made some major break throughs and was coming out of her deep cover operation. Ron and Darcy agreed to go meet her because there was concerns the cult might try and kill her. For some reason, they apparently decided to take Cynthia with them as well.

We're not a hundred percent sure what happened but there was a shoot out. Both Jinx and Darcy were shot in the face.

Ron and Cynthia appear to have left the scene alive and uninjured but they have not made contact with anyone or returned home. Why is unclear. They are being investigated by the FBI. For various reasons I'm going to have to ask that we leave this one to the Feds.

That having been said, there is still the cult to deal with. Jinx managed to send some data fragments so we know that the cult is active in Mexico. I think the biggest help anyone could be right now would be to look into that. In order to avoid telegraphing to the enemy who is going to be investigating what cell, that information will only be transferred via PM.

If you run into Ron or Cynthia... please tell us but don't engage. They may or may not be themselves right now and should therefore considered dangerous.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

GhostSpider wrote:Also, with Darcy...gone and Ron's status unknown, you're going to need someone who can throw down.

Nobody does that better than me, yo.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/