Paranormal Research Project

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Cybermancer

Paranormal Research Project

Post by Cybermancer »

Good day,

I have been involved in an ongoing research project with some select colleagues, investigating the paranormal using conventional science and technology. A lot of our research thus far has revolved around how paranormal abilities interact with the electromagnetic spectrum, elctromagnetic radiation and electromagnetic fields. It has already been long established that there is a connection between the supernatural and its effects on EM fields (compasses going haywire in the bermuda triangle, for example.

We will also be investigating certain theories in Parapsychology regarding what is beleived to be unidentified particles. These particles are referred to as "psitrons", "mindons" or "psychons". We'll also be investigating the existence of tachyons.

Along these lines we will be investigating psi-fields and Akashic-fields. We will also be looking into some of the theories put forward by Erwin Laszlo.

Various dimensional theories will also be explored.

This project is not new but has been rather limited in scope up to this point. We're hoping to increase the number of research subjects. To this end I am asking for volunteers who possess paranormal abilities to come forward to have your abilities observed in labortory conditions as well as in the field. Your privacy will be protected and you will be compensated for your participation.

The goals of this research project are to:

1. Find a technological way to detect, measure and identify the paranormal.

2. Find a technological way to defend against paranormal. abilities.

3. Find a technological way to interact with the paranormal.

We've had some interesting leads up to this point but nothing I would call a true break through. Therefore our research must continue and with as many subjects as possible. We're also interesting in sharing raw data (but not personal subject information) with other organizations doing similar types of research. We have successfully collaborated in the past.

As for compensation, we will be paying $50 an hour for lab research and $100 an hour for field research.

Thank you.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Nemesis

Re: Paranormal Research Project

Post by Nemesis »

Assuming it's okay with Momma and Papa, I would like to participate.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

When were you going to get around to asking Cynthia?

Matt, I have had occasional success detecting non-corporeal and invisible beings with my Goggles. Did you want to look em over?
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Yes Ron, I would like a look at them. And perhaps my younger brother as well. I'd also like to see them in action, as it were. PM me and we can work out the details.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

In relation to this project and those like it, I'm gong ot post three articles that each in their own way demonstrated the difficulties in getting paranormal research acknowledged in the mainstream scientific community.

Due to the nature of the research, evidence gathered must be conclusive and can not have an alternative explanation for its existence. Coupled with the fact that laboratory research often is not possible in the field when we are battling these creatures tooth and claw, it becomes apparent that we may never be able to prove what we already know to be true.

I can see Victor Lazlo having written this one.

This one may appeal to the more conspiracy minded though I personally reject the premise.

This one is a fairly balanced view.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Is your little project here still accepting volunteers? I need money. Rent's hard when I'm paying--well, I'll get to that later.

Financial problems notwithstanding, this subject fascinates me. I've long been convinced that what psychics see around people that they call the 'aura' is, in fact, an electromagnetic field, itself. If that's the case, then it is far from impossible for technology to someday interact with what we currently call the 'paranormal'.

I'd love to help with that. A lot.

...and get paid for it. >.>
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

The research project is still ongoing and we'd be happy to have you participate. I won't be directly involved in it at the moment however as I am currently enroute to the Yucatan for some other, non-related research.

Most of the research is taking place under the guise of paranormal interest club out of Columbia University (as they no longer support paranormal research). If you're not in that area, some researchers can come out to where you are or travel arrangements can be made at our expense. Really, I'm happy to have as many people as possible participating as the larger the number of test samples, the better the data.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I'll need somebody to come up here. I'm not leaving the state, because of my kids and my job...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

If this project is still ongoing and in need of professional support, I would be happy to offer my services.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Last Moon wrote:If this project is still ongoing and in need of professional support, I would be happy to offer my services.

I believe that you can be accomodated.
Daichan

Post by Daichan »

Oh hey. We totally need to talk.

You don't have anything important going on for the next couple of weeks, do you?

:P
Athena

Post by Athena »

I am assisting with this project.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Yes you are and you've been a big help.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Cybermancer, looks like you have several concurrent projects?
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Indeed. There hardly seems time for them. Even the most vital of them.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Cybermancer, may you enumerate them please? I can help peer review the tech stuff (even help write tech stuff) if you are inclined for such help.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

A lot of my public research is peer reviewed at Columbia University where I'm a professor in their Electro-Mechanical department, though I occasionally guest lecture in the Bio-Chemistry and Computer Sciences departments.

To be honest though, I don't publish work much anymore. Too many other things going on.

Still if you're interested in tech, I'm sure there's lots we can talk about.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Cybermancer, of course I'm interested.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

What sort of tech?
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Cybermancer, all of it: electrical, mechanical, psyschical, whatever you have.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

My favorite fields are Robotics, Genetics and Artificial Intelligence.

In fact I just got finished a super computer. Unfortunately it hasn't broken any public records yet for processing power. Still its modular and its capabilities will expand over time. I'm hoping it will help me in computer simulations and design work.

The next project I want to finish is a two stage powered exosuit system. Various companies, universities and governments have already made quite a bit of headway in the last ten years with regards to powered exosuits. One of the big limiters appears to be energy density of power systems available. But more efficient systems combined with gradual increases in battery energy density are opening doors to new possibilities.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Cybermancer, I have been working on upgrades to current systems. Of general interest are data relays. This is useful in both civilian and military systems. Of particular interest are tracking and video feeds between units across the planet. The command and control guys would love such a technology but it has tactical utility at the same time.

In my spare time I have been developing systems to predict when and where orbitals will be overhead at any location on Earth. So if you wanted to know when the International Space Station is visible in your night sky, this could tell you that.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Sounds like you're interested in network-centric warfare and C4ISR.

As for satellite tracking, a ballistic computer and observation of the satellite should suffice. They were calculating orbits with slide rules in the 50's. But don't waste time with telescopes. Just track their EM emissions.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Cybermancer, C4ISR is good for the pocketbook but like I said there are also civilian applications, if only the early adopter tech geeks. On the other hand it took the resources of Google to make Google Glass. I'm just me. Which is probably why I have found the most enjoyment in the little projects and in the prototyping. Still, there is overlap between our interests. You are into the big stuff. I am into the little stuff. But big stuff needs little stuff and little stuff sometimes needs big stuff.

Well they were calculating just about everything in the 1950s with slide rules, I guess. Still, it was a freetime project. Throw away, really. Anti-satellite missiles are already proven. But it was fun to develop it. Not the mathematics, which are easy enough. But the speed, accuracy, and usability of it was the fun part. You could give it any of the common coordinate systems and even some of the more obscure ones, for instance.

Anyways, maybe we can talk more in private about science and tech?
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

If you're talking about meeting in person, I'm afraid that's not possible at the moment or likely for a few more weeks if not months. I'm involved in a research project that is taking me all over the place. I've literally been to three continents in the last month.

About all I can manage is interaction like this or maybe Skype.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Cybermancer, what kind of tech geek do you think I am that I would want to meet in person? :wink:
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Fair enough. I've pm'ed you my skype info.
Annabelle

Post by Annabelle »

Cybermancer, thanks; we'll talk soon. Should be fun.

Return to “Classifieds”