Chupacabras

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
RAVEN

Chupacabras

Post by RAVEN »

The chupas have turned up again and again in different threads on this forum. In light of recent developments, I thought a fresh thread and fresh warning was appropriate. The infamous goat-suckers of Puerto Rican lore are not really what I am addressing here. The Puerto Rican chupacabras are small lizard-like bipeds. The chupacabras I mean are a distinct species -- or at least a distinct breed -- which is a bald mammalian quadrped of varying size.

The chupacabras were first reported in the early 1990s in Mexico. Since that time, chupacabra sightings have become prolific in the southwestern united states. They are also be reportedly seen in Missouri, Australia, and Namibia.

These creatures are monsters. These creatures do drink blood, but they are not exclusively phlemovoirs. They will scavenge or kills and eat just about anything which moves and many things which do not. I have it on good authority that they do dematerialize when killed which is the best way to differ them from diseased coyotes or mutated dogs or fakes. Although they are not intelligent, they are instinctual hunters, sneaky, and smart enough to not fall for the same trick twice. Also, these critters are exceedingly strong.

The reason I mention this now is because a trend which I thought I noticed years ago has become distinctly clear. There are more of these monsters than there used to be.

When I was writing my first book, the After Midnight News Agency started to receive reports about these creatures which at the time were incorrectly identified with the Puerto Rican phenomenon. We sent a journalist to investigate who found little to report. After the next few years, reliable reporters began sending us articles and even exposes on chupacabra attacks once or twice per year. After 2000, we began receiving these reports once every three or four months. We also began finding bodies of some freelance reporters or other individuals who got too close to the story without proper precautions.

As I write this message, it is early spring of 2012. For the first time every, I have received three unrelated stories about chupacabra attacks that came to me in the same month. That does not count the so-called chupathingie battle which Serpens recently experienced in New York City and may or may not involve the same species.
Even worse, the reports used to be about one loan chupacabra or sometimes a pair nesting together, but now they are more often involving small packs.

My conclussion -- for a time, I thought that we were simply doing a better job of recognizing these creatures when we found evidence of their activities. I can no longer believe that to be the case in the light of overwhelming evidence. There are more chupacabras in this world than there ever were before now.
I can't promise you that I will be good, but I do promise you that I will be good at it.

Coming soon! :10 Minutes After Midnight