Weather control

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Burgess

Weather control

Post by Burgess »

Hi, everybody. New to the boards here, and relatively new to this whole experience. I'm hoping this is the right place to go however. I have a suspicion that the recent devastation caused by the tornados in the Midwest was no accident, but I haven't yet uncovered anything that can control weather like that. Has anyone here heard of that before?
RAVEN

Re: Weather control

Post by RAVEN »

Hello B, weather control is a varied and wide subject. Some methods such as cloud seeding are recognized technologies by most meteorologists. The first patent for rain producing technology was issued by the U.S. federal government shortly after the War Between the States to a colonel who noticed that rain always fell on battlefields the day after battles that involved many cannons. He attributed the rain to sound vibrations from the cannon fire, but the gunsmoke probably had more to do with it. Around 1900 and through the Dust Bowl era, rainmakers toured the American Midwest with a variety of techniques they promised would bring rain. Although often portrayed as charlatans, some of them got results. What really did in the practice was the lawyers getting involved. Some communities began suing others for stealing their rain. The U.S. courts have never made a clear and definitive ruling on the matter, so anyone who actually possesses weather control technology today is very unlikely to admit it.

The Russians, however, do make such a claim. One Russian company in particular claims to it can generate straightline windstorms anywhere on the planet, but it only sells this service to friendly governments. These claims have never been verified by outside observers, but the sudden and unseasonable appearance of a great sandstorm right at the beginning of the allied invasion of Iraq is convenient enough to make the conspiracy theorist in me itchy.

Weather control almost inevitably brings up the subject of HAARP. I am not one of the conspiracy theorists who thinks that the HAARP facility is designed (in part) to control weather conditions. Although the timing and money would be about right I admit, the set up of the facility doesn't seem right. If there is any connection, my hunch is that HAARP is built in part to observe the weather being manipulated by something else.

I haven't heard of any technology, electromagnetic nor chemical, which generates tornadoes specifically. Some more powerful mages I have heard claiming that they could do this, but I've never seen any of them follow through. If there is a magical method, some of the more mystical oriented members of this board like Gotham Witch might know of it.

Would you be willing to share your information with us?
I can't promise you that I will be good, but I do promise you that I will be good at it.

Coming soon! :10 Minutes After Midnight
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

some magic can... most of which is unreal able and it basically moves weather paters, Which can be danger is in and of its self... also the element of air is not that sable so the presence of magic fields can by acciend trigger sever weather. kind of like the ST lues gateway arch... it sits on a node and collects and ampifise the power form what I can tell no one is actively using that power. so it builds up tell it has to release that power some where... resoult freak storms that are often sever
We who stand between the flame and the shadow
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

PSC27 died investigating claims of a dice that was artificially manipulating hurricanes a few years back.

Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

I don't really have expertise in these things from a technological perspective - though I'm told it's possible.

Magically, I only have a bit more experience. There are plenty of ways one can magically control the weather if they know what they are doing. Most of those I know of are appeals to spirits or upper beings. The archetypical rain dance for example, or in a more brutal note, animal (or human) sacrifices to used by varying groups to ensure good weather in the next season by appeasing the gods through tribute.

I've found a few references to spells that can control weather in other ways too - usually involving storms. A lot of them seem to be adaptations by Renaissance Europeans of pre Christian 'pagan' rites. I admit it isn't an area I'e studied often, simply because I've little interest in calling up storms - it might be a breach of my lease and I'd rather not upset my neighbors.

One thing that all these rites have in common is the amount of power that needs mustered. Nature rites usually require a ritual of some sort, and it seems even 'modern' workings would as well. There's also no guarantee about the control of the effect.

Of course, if you're just trying to cause havoc...
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Burgess,

I can sometimes generate weather related effects, but not on the scale or duration that you're talking about. A gust of wind here or there is about it.

However, there are beings I know of that are much higher on the Beaufort Scale.

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.

Return to “Community Outreach”