Observers

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Razor

Observers

Post by Razor »

Okay, I just had an occurrence that might be of interest to some of my fellow Lazlites.

About twenty minutes ago my fiance's dog started alerting to something outside. So we went to the windows. Saw nothing. We turned on the porch light and he came toward us from the direction of the shed. I figured there might be a possum or something out there. So I get my shoes on, and a flashlight, decide to go take a look. Nothing.

Nothing out in the yard, either.

Now, this wouldn't be terribly unusual, except the dog ( who is 3/4 wolf, and 1/4 Alaskan Malamute) kept acting as though something was on the property off to the east.

It was then that I felt a possible presence on the premises. I ran that presence off with an advanced psionic technique. I wonder if it was simply a curious entity. It might have been more.

I'll know better if any of the other animals here act strangely. Be on the alert though. I feel something unusual on the air tonight. I can't explain it. Please be cautious everyone.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
GhostSpider

Re: Observers

Post by GhostSpider »

Hmmm, i'll make sure to keep an eye out.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I hope everything is well.

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Razor

Post by Razor »

All's quiet in Western Oklahoma.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Rowan

Which quiet?

Post by Rowan »

But is it the quiet of a ghost’s presence that has left—or is it the proverbial quiet before the storm?
Razor

Post by Razor »

That question makes me feel uneasy... on edge. Damnit.
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

At this point in my life, I'm somewhat used to the weird - I do live in New York City, after all.

I do note there's a certain buzz in the air though - and since I haven't had coffee for a week, it's clearly not that. Hm...

My soothsayer friend may be right - sometimes there are just times you know something's going to happen - the trick is who and what.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

I just hate that feeling. a gut feeling that something treble is going to happen but no idea what where or to whom, the sometimes I get that feeling if I think about going some where. or if I think about some places I get the feeling I should not go.....
We who stand between the flame and the shadow
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

I should check the board every morning. Had I seen this warning, I could have been spared from a particularly bad blind date. Nothing supernatural in Saint Louis occurred that I noticed, but it was possibly the worst date of my life.

As for the animals, it has been reported to me by many second-hand reports by many second-rate reporters that this is true. Specifically, some animals seem to be more aware of presences than others. Dogs and other canines are well known for it. Horses are also reportedly sensitive according to some agents of mine out west, but the horses cannot be coaxed into defending you -- just spooking and running away. Cats and other felines have produced mixed results, ignoring some beasties, acting brave in front of others, and flat-out ignoring the rest. My chinchilla knows all.
I can't promise you that I will be good, but I do promise you that I will be good at it.

Coming soon! :10 Minutes After Midnight
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I usually work with a cat called Mr. Fluffers. Now there hasn't been an uglier cat ever born, but it's never been wrong about things being not what they seem.

Now if only I could get him to come with me when I actually go someplace dangerous and give me timely warnings . . .
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Aww c'mon Dad

Mr. Fluffers gives you plenty of warning. If you'd just listen to him and not go in places he wouldn't go you wouldn't get beat up near as much as you do.

Hannah
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

/me chuckles

from the mouths of babes....
I hate to say it ron but it sounds as if your daughter has more sine then you do
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Tms3,

I can appreciate being called babe for the right reasons by the right person, but in the context you're using it, well I turn 19 this month so you probably shouldn't ascribe anything too childlike to my behaviors.

Though yeah, my dad is a bit of a dummy about somethings.

Hannah

PS Love you dad, have fun back in DC.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Thanks for defending the family honor Hannah . . . wait a minute.

:)

We made it back home fine.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

Hanna I did not mean to offend.. but look around you at the other 19 year olds around you. and how often do the even act lick the have a nodding acantice with good since?

And dont be to hard on your dad he has the same handy cap... Testosterone the great equilzer it turns all mean into createns and one time or anther
Razor

Post by Razor »

Good lord, didn't realize you were of that age nowadays, Hannah.

And don't blame Ron. He just likes to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight.
Grace

Post by Grace »

You think so?
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

Modest, aren't we Nemmy?
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

I thought nemesis was the devil?.... :P

some times I wonder about her but most of the time I think shes on or side and if so I am glade she is
Grace

Post by Grace »

I can't be the devil, Tms3. Ron has never danced with me in the pale moonlight.

As for sides, I find I'm on the side of anyone who's on my side.

And before we derail this thread, any new developments on this, Razor?
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

The devil, probably not. But I wouldn't be surprised some day to find horns and a tail . . .

That day being Hallowe'en of course.

Hannah
Grace

Post by Grace »

Around here? I wouldn't want to risk the blue fire.

I wouldn't mind getting a Black Widow costume though.
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I'm surprised you don't have one already.

Hannah

PS: Though it wouldn't be a costume for you, would it? :D
Grace

Post by Grace »

I suppose it is more of work dress than party costume situation. :P

And I'm surprised you got the comic book reference, Hannah.

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be.
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

You've been talking about the movie for more than a month now, of course I Googled it.

Hannah
Razor

Post by Razor »

Nothing new at this time. But there seems to be a faint, persistant feeling in the area. I think I may go hunting soon, see what I can track down. This town only has about 10,000 people, but that's still enough for freaky things to happen.

Though, the bigger nasties have a harder time blending in, in small towns. At least that's my observation on the matter.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Hannah wrote:You've been talking about the movie for more than a month now, of course I Googled it.

Hannah

Yeah well, a bad influence in my life got me hooked on the character.

Stupid mecha geeks.

Next thing you know, I'll be quoting obscure anime.

:P

Razor,

You're right you do have the home town advantage. I hope you catch or deal with whatever it is. Sounds like the sort of insubstantial threat that I'm pretty useless against. :( In any case, good luck. :)
-Oscar Wilde.
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Razor, I just had a thought. It might not be a spook that is spooking your place after all. It might be the place. Ley lines are thought to be pretty darn stable as this is why ancient cultures used them as navigational aids. They are alive, however, energy systems that are prone to changes. A new line or an old line that has moved might be forming somewhere near you, just far enough away or just weak enough to be on the edge of perception for your critters. They might only feel its power when the line flairs because of astronomical events. Alternatively, Uncle Victor did write about an alternative system which he called Rips in Magic. Rips have many characteristics of a ley line but exist as dots on a map instead of lines. Rips can appear absolutely anywhere, remain for a time, and then fade away just as suddenly as they appeared. Symptoms of living too close to a place of power include headaches, restlessness, and eventually hallucinations.
I can't promise you that I will be good, but I do promise you that I will be good at it.

Coming soon! :10 Minutes After Midnight
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

that is unless you take some steps the help control the power as well as smudge cleanses, bless, and word the space. if you think that is what is happening I can give you some types on how to do so... but over time you will grow use to the energy and its flow and you might even tell when somethings up by the disruptions in its flow
Razor

Post by Razor »

Good points on both of your parts. I'll remodulate and adjust the shields around my house and see if that helps. I'm used to living in prolonged exposure to ley lines and energy fluctuations like that. I just hadn't even thought of that. As for the Rip Points, that's something that's new to me, but it makes sense... places of power that exist without Ley Lines, but similar to a temporary Nexus.