A Valentine's Thought

Come here to discuss the myriad of beliefs, customs and philosophies that exist in our megaverse.
Hannah

Re: A Valentine's Thought

Post by Hannah »

Cynthia,

we have to work on making you feel the types of emotions that will energize you then.

Hannah

PS: I have an idea next time I visit DC.
I will be who I chose to be.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Are you going to come visit this weekend? I would like that. :) If you want to bring your friend with the toys that would be okay too.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Cynthia,

I'll ask him if he wants to come too and if he wants to bring any of his toys.

Hannah
Grace

Post by Grace »

I can't wait. :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Toys?
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Razor,

she's 14 and Matt's got one of the biggest collections of homemade robots on the eastern seaboard. So yeah, toys.

Hannah
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

It is heartening to see that not only is my life's work-that is the finest collection of robotics from North America to Germany to Japan-is demoted to being the best in only the Eartern Seaboard, but also that they're just toys now. :|

All is not lost I suppose. I can always move north and work in Santa's workshop. I'll just be another elf, plugging away in a magic wonderland. :wink:

Anyway Cynthia, I'll be bringing some from my collection you didn't see last time. And I've made something special just for you.

See you this weekend.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Grace

Post by Grace »

They're not just toys Cybermancer. :|

They're the BEST toys! :D
-Oscar Wilde.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Robots and robotics is a very broad category...
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Razor wrote:Robots and robotics is a very broad category...

Indeed it is. Robotics has interested me for over twenty years now. My specialty is actually artificial intelligence but I like to make robot toys as a side hobby. This is in addition to some advanced models that I've designed that have practical applications.

Commercially the big project for me right now is to take the fully automated warehouses we have right now and take it a step further. I'm attempting to create a system that would allow for a completely automated factory. Long term, I'd like to see the technology used to create an automated network that could take care of everything from resource collection, transportation, maintenance and of course production of finished product. I see this as an essential part of future space exploration and colonization.

This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Plus, if you had a factory that could do all the work for you, you'd have more time to play.

-Cynthia
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Grace

Post by Grace »

The man doesn't exist just so that you can play with him and his robots, Cynthia.

He also has to make Momma some toys.

And work with Papa to make some toys.
-Oscar Wilde.