They say it's one of ours...

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.
Cybermancer

They say it's one of ours...

Post by Cybermancer »

NASA claims they have found the crash site of a spacecraft they lost on the dark side of the moon.

But was it really one of theirs?
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
RAVEN

Re: They say it's one of ours...

Post by RAVEN »

Hey, they're photographing that timeshare I bought!

Seriously Cy-guy, thanks for keeping us informed. I would be less interested in learning what crashed as why it was purposefully crashed. I know that NASA had money to burn in the 1960s, but litterbugging the moonscape with expensive spacecrafts seems wasteful even for these guys. Uh-oh, my conspiracy-theorist side is showing again...
I can't promise you that I will be good, but I do promise you that I will be good at it.

Coming soon! :10 Minutes After Midnight
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

That is why free media is so essential. It keeps the politicians and their minions (slightly) less crooked.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
Serpens Walker

Post by Serpens Walker »

Could go either way, really. There's nothing much to see in that image other than a crash site. What crashed isn't even visible.

A couple of points... wasteful or not, I'm a firm believer that the bleeding edge of human ability is littered with incompetence. The system does not work, and when you start to factor in the margin of error that equipment is built to conform to, plus the margin of error that is considered acceptable on every piece, you start to wonder how anything works at all.

Secondly, the free press is pretty ineffective at keeping them honest, but I appreciate the free press reporting things. It's another perspective to contemplate in our Disney-owned media.
"Anyone who does not partake of society is either a beast or a god." — Aristotle
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

According to the artical the crashed the space craft on purpose after it had completed its mission. That means they had to fire the rockets in order to slow it down. so they know where it was when they sent the order. does it not also track that the should have some idea as to where it would have come down. I mean we can do the same thing with satellites we can make sure or old satellites go down at sea where there not near as likely to hurt some one are cause damage to property as on land. Well it might be cool to have a Satellite land in your back yard. it would not be so cool to have it land on your car or in your living room
We who stand between the flame and the shadow
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Serpens Walker wrote:A couple of points... wasteful or not, I'm a firm believer that the bleeding edge of human ability is littered with incompetence. The system does not work, and when you start to factor in the margin of error that equipment is built to conform to, plus the margin of error that is considered acceptable on every piece, you start to wonder how anything works at all.

Obviously it requires a fair amount of cybermancy to pull off.