Greetings

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Gotham Witch

Re: Greetings

Post by Gotham Witch »

Is that my cue, Dr. Boggs?

If you're in need of someone for ... arcane consultation (that makes me sound fancy), I could make the trip. Having taken the time to sleep off my trip (or what I remember of it), I can catch the Northeast Regional into DC Union Station and see what I can dig up.

I'll warn you ahead of time I haven't been to church since I was 11 (though if it makes you feel better I missed the rebellious Satanist phase). That said, The notes you've posted are intriguing and I'd like to help if able, Reverend. Likewise, if you're in need of information, a good friend of mine specializes in obscure tidbits (he once pulled me a list of every self-proclaimed follower of the Ghost Dance movement still alive today).
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
FriarJohn

Post by FriarJohn »

I learned two things at Church yesterday:

1) The man who owned the property my home is on had a reputation as being the town weirdo. As in he wore all black, all the time and had a pentagram ring, in the 40's. No one had a bad word to say about him, the local food pantry got it's start up money in a large part from him, and he threw legendary Halloween parties for kids every year. He was just seen as an odd old man. He was greatly mourned, even if it was the first neo-druidic funeral most of the town had even been to.

2) It seems that the Mayor, the police chief and the city administrator also received dimes in the mail. They began suffering from increasingly bad luck, until the dime was taken from them. the Mayor dropped his in the Municipal center parking lot and it rolled into a storm drain. The Chief's and Admin's are in my possession, safely locked away. the how of my getting them is a story Joe may someday share, but he assures me that no laws were broken.
"In interiore homine habitat Veritas."
Chalice

Post by Chalice »

How's your luck holding up, priest?
Celeste Darken

Greetings, Firiar.

Post by Celeste Darken »

Indeed; your telling does seem incomplete, Friar.
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

This one was actually resolved, interestingly - though I have been inclined to leave recollection of the tale to the Friar for now, since certain elements of the story might be somewhat sensitive.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Celeste Darken

Very well.

Post by Celeste Darken »

Good to know.