Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty...

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Grace

Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty...

Post by Grace »

I haven’t taken a job for cash in some time now. Part of the reason for that is this one job I completed a little while ago. A member of these boards who wishes to remain anonymous contacted me to perform an assassination of a long time rival. A supernatural feline I shall call Felix.

My client was able to provide me with a great deal of information about the target. Felix was quite influential on the East coast. He had lots of banking contacts and influential connections with ‘old money’. Needless to say, he was also quite involved with various politically minded individuals.

He was also about as dirty as they come. Felix was one of those rare persons that everyone knows is behind various goings on, but no one can ever prove it. Not that I had any particular concerns about things such as evidence. Indeed, people like me are often employed when due process falls short.

This job wasn’t a big long cat and mouse game as others I’ve been on were. As a relatively public figure, it was fairly easy to locate him and then begin studying his habits. I did a lot of the leg work myself although I did subcontract some of the surveillance to a few P.I.’s.

While it turned out that he had generated a number of persona’s that he assumed with regularity, there was one that seemed to be his ‘main’ life. He even had a family with a wife, a son and a daughter. They were the very model of a modern, upscale African-American family.

They were, all of them, monsters.

Naturally I knew the father was. As I said, my client provided me a rather detailed profile providing information on known abilities. It was while watching their penthouse from a neighbouring building during thanksgiving that the rest of the family was confirmed for me. Some servants deposited a massive silver tray with one of those lids on before the family at dinner time. The servants left and the father lifted the lid.

On the platter was a bound and gagged young woman, made up to be some mockery of a turkey feast. She was still squirming when the man of the house began to carve her up. If I’d had my rifle with me, I might have opened fire on the lot of them right there. The surreal thing is that they never changed shape. Other than the nature of the main course, they carried on as though they were any other family. They even used the good silverware.

I knew that Felix could change forms from other observations I had been making of him. Several days earlier, I was watching him through my scope. A late night caller arrived and was shown to the master of the penthouse by a servant. This caller looked a little out of place, being somewhat dumpy looking. He was balding on top of his head as well. Not at all attractive.

For a bit, they seemed to be exchanging formalities. Then Felix served a very dark red wine. After they had taken a few sips, they both dispensed with the façade. Felix became some sort of humanoid feline… a jaguar or panther or something. I’m not really sure. The visitor now had hair goat legs with cloven hooves. A pair of horns jutted from his forehead and he wore a goatee beard now. Too many teeth showed when he smiled.

What I wouldn’t have given to be bug on that wall.

Apparently he was a mover and shaker in supernatural circles as well as mortal ones.

I considered contracting an explosives expert to blow up the family limo but wound up deciding against it. I wasn’t being paid to kill the family and what’s more, blowing up cars in D.C. is a line even I won’t cross. It attracts all the wrong sort of attention.

Given that the target was alleged to be supernaturally tough, possessed both psionic and magical power as well as more mundane security measures, I decided that a ranged hit was the way to go. My client agreed.

The weapon I choose for the job had to be imported and is normally used for anti-material purposes. It wasn’t as accurate as I would have liked but it was tolerable.

As it turned out, Felix enjoyed sneaking off alone at night. To grab more targets for the family dinner, apparently. He didn’t just grab anyone; he carefully selected and stalked his prey based on his own criteria. I saw him start hunting a number of targets only to pass them over for whatever reason.

He’d been stalking his current prey for some time now. Maybe he was planning ahead for Christmas dinner. Whatever the reason, he had wandered into a neighbourhood where he really stuck out.

Far from home and isolated, I wasn’t going to get a better chance than that. I set up on a rooftop and waited for that beautiful shot.

When it came, I had no hesitation. The first three rounds dropped him to the ground. I reloaded and dumped another magazine into him. He didn’t get up after that and his blood stained the virgin snow crimson.

It’s been some time since that job was completed. I feel like I’m a whole new person now. And I wonder if I’m the type of person now to go back and finish off the family.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Slayer

Re: Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty...

Post by Slayer »

Nem, the description you gave of Felix's visitor sounded a lot like Cyber's description of Sandman. I wonder if you saw that thing in our world. And if so, what was it talking to Felix about?
Let the Darkness fear, the Slayer still walks the night. And nothing shall be safe from my wrath.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Funny thing about my scope. It amplifies vision, not sound.

Frankly, goat legs and horns is a pretty generic demonic description. You are just being paranoid at this point and seeing the Sandman under every rock and within every shadow. Besides, Cyber described a douche beard. I described a goatee.

*EDIT*

I do know where you can go to get a sketch of what the demon looked like before he assumed his natural form.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

That's the jackanape I dreamed about that gave me the message for 'the fallen'. I hate that guy.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Grace

Post by Grace »

I haven't seen him since but I'll let you know if he makes another appearance.

This past Sunday, I renewed surveillance on the family. I brought Diana with me. She's not exactly the best spotter in the world but I enjoy the company. Especially when she curls up next to me in bed.

There was no sign of unusual visitors. No sign of anything unusual. Even their meal seemed to be regular fare.

I don't know what to do. I know they're monsters. They have to be. What else could explain their Thanksgiving day feast? Do I wait until they kill again?

I could have orphaned the kids on Mothers day. I guess I was feeling sentimental because I didn't do anything other than watch. I don't even know why I'm getting involved with this.
-Oscar Wilde.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

Questioning is good, it's a sign of an open mind. And it's a reasonable question to, maybe ya oughta make extra sure before you do anything rash. You positive they're monsters?
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Grace

Post by Grace »

I saw them carve up and eat a living person.

But I haven't seen them do anything else weird or unusual.

At what point can I be certain it's right to act?
-Oscar Wilde.
Logan

Post by Logan »

Supernatural or not
I saw them carve up and eat a living person

is probly a good hint they need put in the ground.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

Yup, but she also mentioned Felix was supposedly pretty powerful, mystically and mentally. What if they didn't know what was what? I'm just saying be careful is all, make sure of what yer shooting at young lady.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Dr. Boggs raises a valid point.

More investigation is warranted.

I would start by questioning the client that originated the contract.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I think we have all the evidence we need.

Just need to figure out a way through their security cordon.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

All we have is a single eye witness report, the least reliable of all type of evidence. With no offense to Nemesis, this is without even getting into her own credibility.

I'd also like to point out that a detailed investigation is likely to unearth the security cordon details you're looking for, Mr. Caliburn.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

If, and I'm gonna stress the word 'IF', Felix was somehow controlling those folks minds they might have no clue what they did. I stress the if because we don't know for sure.

But we do know this much. Felix, whatever else he was, was a powerful and sadistic shape changer and manipulator. From what info we have he was capable of such a thing, both in power and personality.

That's just food for thought.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

And that girl was food for Felix and his family.
I can help.
Although perhaps not in the way you would want or could imagine.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

Well aren't you just precious
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

Precious is for the children and other innocents who are preyed upon by monsters such as these.

If I am hard, it is because I must protect that which is truly precious.
I can help.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

Now the last thing anyone needs is another heated debate so I'll just ask nicely. Are ya sure they're monsters and not just some unwitting saps who got mind raped?
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

It is not my desire to debate, heated or otherwise.

Either they were monsters all along or have been corrupted into such. Either way, they should be stopped before more innocents suffer.

To show that I am serious about resolving this, allow me to offer my services in this matter. It will not be difficult for me to get to the truth of the matter.
I can help.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

Cessiel wrote:It will not be difficult for me to get to the truth of the matter.

That's all I've been asking for, finding the truth before killing anything. If that's your intent I say best of luck to ya on the job, assuming Nemesis gives ya the details.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

I shall contact her then.

Also, I would invite the one who first brought 'Felix' to our collective attention to contact me with any additional information they might possess.

Afterall, we all wish to find the truth.
I can help.
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

They ate someone, she watched it happen, they are not human, where is the issue of exterminating them?

Use a guided rocket to kill them. You can fire them at range and if you invest in the right system their accuracy limits collateral damage. If one doesn't do it, use three.

Problem solved.

If you really have issues with it then I would suggest questioning the individual who hired you and get a more detail picture of what is going on.
I don’t pretend to be a saint or a hero, or a good-person for all those are but just empty words. I am just a man doing a job that was paid for. And may HEAVEN ALL MIGHTY help the thing that gets in my way.
WWVLD?
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Cessiel, if you are as concerned for innocents as you claim why did you want to offer up my younger sister as bait for Sandman? Seems like a contradiction to your morals.
Last edited by Slayer on Thu May 13, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Let the Darkness fear, the Slayer still walks the night. And nothing shall be safe from my wrath.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Brutal wrote: They ate someone, she watched it happen, they are not human, where is the issue of exterminating them?

The issue that seems to be cropping up is just how involved these individuals were in the goings on. And whether or not that involvement is mitigated because they were being manipulated by some means.

Brutal wrote:Use a guided rocket to kill them. You can fire them at range and if you invest in the right system their accuracy limits collateral damage. If one doesn't do it, use three.

I have two questions for you, Brutal. First, what the f*** have you been smoking and secondly, why haven't you been sharing it?

Launch a rocket at a politically and economically connected family in the middle of WASHINGTON D.C. WITHIN A WEEK OF A TERRORIST ATTACK IN TIMES SQUARE?!?!

Give your head a shake. I'll be over here, banging mine against a wall until that makes sense.

Brutal wrote:Problem solved.

At the expense of creating a thousand new ones.

Brutal wrote:If you really have issues with it then I would suggest questioning the individual who hired you and get a more detail picture of what is going on.

We have been discussing it.
-Oscar Wilde.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

Brutal wrote:They ate someone, she watched it happen, they are not human, where is the issue of exterminating them?

Hokay, now I'm pretty sure this is about the fourth time I've tried saying this but I'll give it another go. Just because our dear friend Nemesis saw a young girl getting carved up does not mean the 'family' of that thing saw a young girl getting carved up. It 'IS' at least possible they didn't know it was anything more than turkey dinner. 'IF' that's the case then they were victims of whatever Felix was.

So check the blasted targets first to be sure, or is reckless disregard for human life to be the bloody norm around here?
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

Nemesis wrote: I have two questions for you, Brutal. First, what the f*** have you been smoking and secondly, why haven't you been sharing it?

Its call Canadian grade morphine, resulting from three story fall, which is being administered by an uppity girl that if memory serves me correctly use to be about hip high on me. This is the first time I heard of the terrorist attack or been close to a working computer.

Doctor Boggs wrote: It 'IS' at least possible they didn't know it was anything more than turkey dinner. 'IF' that's the case then they were victims of whatever Felix was.

So check the blasted targets first to be sure, or is reckless disregard for human life to be the bloody norm around here?

No of course doctor you are of course correct. I apologize for my pervious suggestion it was totally out of line. I contribute it to a combination of the morphine and a week of being told how eating red meat is unhealthy for a man of my age. Damn girl been feeding me tofu for a week, damn stuff most likely been created by a bored warlock.

One course of action you can take it trying to procure their family medical records and try to see if anything is abnormal. I believe anyone with a medical back ground can help determine that.

Another thing you may what to attempt is to see if you can locate the children school records to see if they have been transferring in and out of schools. Then cross reference any unusually activities along those time lines. Disappearances, weird sighing or event like that may help you determine what they are if nothing else it would give you a better understanding of the family patters. Do they have school records?
I don’t pretend to be a saint or a hero, or a good-person for all those are but just empty words. I am just a man doing a job that was paid for. And may HEAVEN ALL MIGHTY help the thing that gets in my way.
WWVLD?
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

No red meat and a week of tofu? Good lord, that'd drive me over the edge to. That morphine thing can't be helping any either. Well, probably with the pain, but sounds like a rough week.

Good thoughts on the research though :wink:
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Grace

Post by Grace »

Brutal wrote:One course of action you can take it trying to procure their family medical records and try to see if anything is abnormal. I believe anyone with a medical back ground can help determine that.

Another thing you may what to attempt is to see if you can locate the children school records to see if they have been transferring in and out of schools. Then cross reference any unusually activities along those time lines. Disappearances, weird sighing or event like that may help you determine what they are if nothing else it would give you a better understanding of the family patters. Do they have school records?

I actually got a lot of that information when I was doing the research for the original job. There's nothing at all odd about any of their medical records.

The kids have been to a number of prestigious schools. While they have bounced around a bit, it has been part of following their father's employment.

I haven't linked any disappearances to the family. I don't even know the name or identity of the young woman I did see.
Last edited by Grace on Thu May 13, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Oscar Wilde.
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

Doctor Boggs wrote:No red meat and a week of tofu? Good lord, that'd drive me over the edge to. That morphine thing can't be helping any either. Well, probably with the pain, but sounds like a rough week.

The price of being careless and not being aware of my surroundings.

And no meat what so ever, damn girl is a vegetarian now. That is just wrong.

What what the h*ll is WoW? As if being fed bean curd wasn't enough I had to listen about WoW and level 80 this and level 80 that. What the h*ll is it and why does it sound like crack?
WWVLD?
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

Slayer wrote:Cessiel, if you are as concerned for innocents as you claim why did you want to offer up my younger sister as bait for Sandman? Seems like a contradiction to your morals.

Not at all. Your sister would have been in no real danger. At least no more danger than she has been exposed to anyway and without benefit, I might add.

Besides, when was the last time there was a generation of your family that was innocent, Slayer?

Now, are you here to be productive or to bait the flames?
I can help.
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

Nemesis wrote:I actually got a lot of that information when I was doing the research for the original job. There's nothing at all odd about any of their medical records.

The kids have been to a number of prestigious schools. While they have bounced around a bit, it has been part of following their father's employment.

I haven't linked any disappearances to the family. I don't even know the name or identity of the young woman I did see.

Are you sure the medical records you have are theirs? They could be forged documents or replicas from another family. Prestigious school are known for covering up things to protect their own good name and to insure large donations from the parents of the students. Talk to their former classmates or the janitorial staff they usually have some stories to tell that might get you a better picture. Just masquerade as a reporter doing some exposé on the family, should be a believable cover.

Check their phone records, see if they match the usually pattern of kids that age. You may see a patter in their calling that might reveal something.

See you if you can get access to their tax records they at times reveal interesting facts.
WWVLD?