What ifs

Come here to discuss the myriad of beliefs, customs and philosophies that exist in our megaverse.
Hannah

What ifs

Post by Hannah »

I can't believe this is happening. I can't believe I might actually be able to pull this off.

But still, there is so much that could go wrong, so much that could happen.

I've never done anything like this before. I'm amazed how much these people have put their trust in me. They are risking their lives on the plan that some half-mad teenager came up with.

I have so many what ifs in my mind. So many possible problems. So many of people who volunteered to help might get hurt or worse.

I wonder if this is what my great-grandfather felt like before Belleau Wood or my grandfather before Chosin Reservoir or my father when he was laying in the mud outside the compound three years ago when they rescued me.

So much has happened since then, so many times I've been the victim, the bait, the target. So many times I've had to be rescued.

Never again am I going to be that weak little girl. When this is over I'm either going to show myself and everyone else that I am just as strong and tough as the rest of my family, or there won't be nothing left of me to be that victim.

I'm on my own two feet now. Let's see what happens.
Last edited by Hannah on Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will be who I chose to be.
Holister

Re: What ifs

Post by Holister »

Your hell bent of revenge. As good a motivation revenge can be, I can see a few reasons why this won't go down as planned, but then again, what do I know.

Good luck and have fun kiddo.

Just remember one thing, you ain't your father.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Holister wrote:Your hell bent of revenge. As good a motivation revenge can be, I can see a few reasons why this won't go down as planned, but then again, what do I know.

Good luck and have fun kiddo.

Just remember one thing, you ain't your father.

Is this another joke, Mr. Hollister?

Did you just seriously tell a 17 year old girl that revenge is a good motivation?

You're telling her to go have fun with this?

Where is your head at?
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Holister

Post by Holister »

Sarcasm is lost on you isn't it.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

I hope, Ms. Grant to occasionaly see the kind and loving soul that brought such a soothing kindness to the boards peak through.

Revenge is one of mankind's most powerfull motivators. I have watched as vengance has kept men in the fight long after they should have died. I have watched as the persuit of revenge has driven hunters so deeply into madness that I was forced to relieve them of their quest and life.

Be cautious in your persuit of vengance, Ms. Grant. I will pray that your vengance comes in time to save those fragile parts of your soul, so that Khavik will not have killed you when he slew Mr. Caliburn.

Be Strong, hunter
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Holister wrote:Sarcasm is lost on you isn't it.

Sarcasm is not helpful here. Especially when conveyed in a medium poorly suited to it.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Correct as ever Master Li.
Eilonwy Solstice

What if you’re wrong?

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

You know, Hannah . . . I’ve never met “that weak little girl” who had to be rescued so many times. To me you’ve always been the strong one. You’ve had to rescue me so often. Yet you’ve so often reminded me that I wasn’t weak . . .

Which in turn reminds me that there are different kinds of weaknesses, there are different interpretations of “rescuing” someone . . . I’ve appealed to you more than once to not do this, to wait, to trust us on various matters that are a little too personal for the board. However, I’ll appeal to you here publicly on the board.

What if you’re wrong? I’ve already considered the possibility that I’m wrong . . . and as difficult as it is, I’ll be able to live with it.

I don’t want to lose you, too.

Please be careful, honey. In more ways than one.
Last edited by Eilonwy Solstice on Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ditto
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

It's kinda hard to believe it was me saying that.

When I finish putting my head back on straight I'll try to explain it all.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Glad to see you posting again, Hannah.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Cybermancer,

Yeah, they still got me under obs at the hospital, but Dad brought me in a netbook.

Hannah

PS: Thanks for trying to tell me, sorry for not listening.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Hannah wrote:PS: Thanks for trying to tell me, sorry for not listening.

Well, I've raised two teenaged daughters to adulthood so I would be lieing if I thought you'd actually listen to me. Still, I had to try.

It would seem that you are yourself again, if not your old self. I am relieved.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Cybermancer wrote:Well, I've raised two teenaged daughters to adulthood.........

Care to share this wisdom. I have two daughters myself and the oldest is only 9. I am dreadin' the teenage years.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Weathering a storm and telling another how to avoid it are completely different things.

They're going to grow up, with, or without your consent. They're going to make mistakes and there is nothing you can do about it. Until their teen years their identity came from their parents. In their teen years they begin to attempt to form an independent identity which means they often 'rebel' or form contrary opinions. Eventually they settle down to become the people they are.

Don't curse the wind for blowing nor the rain for being wet. Accept both and wait it out.
Holister

Post by Holister »

So keep them locked up until they're 21. :wink:
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

That would be illegal confinement and would stunt their natural growth. I definitely couldn't endorse such a plan.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Once again, and say it with me now.....sarcasm is lost on you. :wink:
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

And yet you oddly insist on persisting.
Holister

Post by Holister »

And yet you insist on answering. Funny how that works. :D
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

The irony is overwhelming.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Completely
Grace

Post by Grace »

:roll:
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

This thread has become an Amtrack fiasco, what was the point of this thread again...oh yeah..." what ifs? "

What if Khavik decides he isn't done yet?

We all know he doesn't play well with others, but with the nightmare gone he no longer has a pawn to fall back on with his constant failures.

Anyone else think What If he may try to find a replacement?

Grace

Post by Grace »

What if we stopped giving these monsters power over us?

What if we refused to live in fear of them?

What if we stopped obsessing over them?

I'll tell what I'm going to do. I going to keep living my life without another thought to either the nightmare or Khavik. Neither of them is worth it. If Khavik pops up again, I'll deal with the situation then. Fact is though, he's gone and past experience shows that chattering endlessly about him on these boards does not cause him to reappear. He will when he does and there's nothing to be done about it and less sense in fretting over it.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Nemesis wrote:What if we stopped giving these monsters power over us?

Its not us they have power over.

Nemesis wrote:What if we refused to live in fear of them?

Again, its not us who live in fear of them.

Nemesis wrote:What if we stopped obsessing over them?

Then they win as a result of our inaction.

Nemesis wrote:I'll tell what I'm going to do. I going to keep living my life without another thought to either the nightmare or Khavik. Neither of them is worth it. If Khavik pops up again, I'll deal with the situation then. Fact is though, he's gone and past experience shows that chattering endlessly about him on these boards does not cause him to reappear. He will when he does and there's nothing to be done about it and less sense in fretting over it.

You do things your way. They may or may not work. We'll just have to see what the future holds.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Holister wrote:Its not us they have power over.

That's not what I'm seeing here at all.

Holister wrote:Again, its not us who live in fear of them.

Still not seeing it.

Holister wrote:Then they win as a result of our inaction.

You misunderstand. Going on with one's life is a very deliberate action. And you miss the point. Khavik isn't going to be found until he surfaces again. No amount of action or inaction is going to change that.

Holister wrote:You do things your way. They may or may not work. We'll just have to see what the future holds.

I will do things my way just as I'm sure you'll keep doing things your way. And I know what my immediate future holds. That would be me, getting on with my life.
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Good luck with that then.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

May fortune smile on your endeavor Ms. Nemesis.

I fear the things we hunt, one would have to be a fool not to.

Their power over me is that I swore an oath long ago fulfilled, but had spent so much time in it's pursuit that the oath became a large part of the man - I know little but the hunt, and other than the hunt, seek only to know peace.

Although persuing him when he is finished with his plans is like trying to catch the smoke fading on the wind, when we have a fresh trail our hunts and investigations into Khavik are rarely without some form of fruit.

But yes, if you do not have personal grudge, or a lead to chase dawn, merely waiting for his return is the most... efficient course of action.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Next time he rears his head I say break out the napalm and roast him like a Fourth of July BBQ.