Music

Come here to discuss the myriad of beliefs, customs and philosophies that exist in our megaverse.
Holister

Re: Music

Post by Holister »

Can't wait to get back to my Jimmy Buffet and a cheeseburger. Ya' know...

I like mine with lettuce and tomato,
Heinz 57 & french fried potatoes.
A big Kosher pickle,
and a cold draft beer...
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I will be who I chose to be.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Suzie McNeil - Beleive
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlYiYddH7yM&feature=related I use for a morning warm up kata, many different rythms to choose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2rZNsqS-aw&feature=channel Is the sutra I am currently exploring during my meditation, it reminds me of something deeper behind it, more important, but I am unsure what.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
danorviel

Post by danorviel »

As a musician, I use music all the time for many purposes. I have to agree with many of Holister's choices of music. I also like most of "The Eagles" stuff. However, I am also strongly drawn to Irish Folk music. For meditation, I tend toward classical or new age stuff. I also will play my bodhran or tinwhistle to aid in meditation.
magic is the reality of dreams
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

Sometimes when I really need some encouragement before a venture, I'll blast Springsteen, Bowie, or something similarly inspiring really loud before heading out. If I need to unwind, I tend towards jazz or some varieties of Celtic. In general though I listen to a rather eclectic group of music - my current choice is Deltron 3030.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

So that's why you were singing Born in the USA under your breath on the train . . .

Hannah
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

Pfft. That was Incident on 57th Street... And then Zeppelin's Ramble On.
Grace

Post by Grace »

If I had a theme song, it would be this.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

Not quite a theme song, but lately I've been in a rabble rousing mood.
PeterSchnauss

Post by PeterSchnauss »

Hey there folks.

First perusing here and this is the first subject to pique my interest.

Music...I like pretty much anything, from punk to polka...but METAL is really what shakes me out of my comfort zone. Loud and aggressive Heavy Metal. The kind that rattles my happy little cage. The kind that attracts evil.

I've encountered folks who have rode that edge and those who have crossed over into it. That devil we know (for the most part) is us...for some reason that gives me comfort. I've encountered what one would call supernatural evil on a few occasions, those moments were fleeting and thusfar not permanently harmful.

I read and viewed everyone's music hyperlinks.

For some reason wanting a Jimmy Buffett Paradise Burger when facing your doom doesn't seem too odd.

Anyway, when I want to rattle my cage I pop in my earbuds and vaporize a few of my more sedate synapses with stuff like this:

Goatwhore
Satyricon
Slayer

Rock On Folks!!
In August 1991 the Northville Tunnels is where I had my first distict encounter with supernatural forces. My friends and I ran screaming into the night, pursued by something known to us punk ass kids as the Bloodswine. We never went back.
Rowan

New position

Post by Rowan »

Do you like your cage rattled, PeterSchnauss? That is certainly a new perspective—most people I know don’t like to be shaken.

Still, the tradition must probably be maintained—I was welcomed, so will in turn, do the same—welcome.

Enjoy the site.
danorviel

Post by danorviel »

Peter, I will add my welcome to Rowan's. She, and others welcomed me when I first joined in. Your music interests are rather . . . loud . . . to say the least. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy loud sometimes myself, but I'm more into folk, folk-rock, 60's rock, etc. About the closest I normally get to Heavy Metal is Pink Floyd, and I am sure you would consider them rather tame. :lol:
PeterSchnauss

Post by PeterSchnauss »

danorviel wrote:Peter, I will add my welcome to Rowan's. She, and others welcomed me when I first joined in. Your music interests are rather . . . loud . . . to say the least. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy loud sometimes myself, but I'm more into folk, folk-rock, 60's rock, etc. About the closest I normally get to Heavy Metal is Pink Floyd, and I am sure you would consider them rather tame. :lol:

I too enjoy some folk and 60's rock...Cat Steven's and Bob Dylan are both pretty well represented in my catalogue. Cat Steven's especially.

The loud gets my adrenaline flowing, which stirs my creative juices. I'm a writer.
In August 1991 the Northville Tunnels is where I had my first distict encounter with supernatural forces. My friends and I ran screaming into the night, pursued by something known to us punk ass kids as the Bloodswine. We never went back.
danorviel

Post by danorviel »

PeterSchnauss wrote:
I too enjoy some folk and 60's rock...Cat Steven's and Bob Dylan are both pretty well represented in my catalogue. Cat Steven's especially.

The loud gets my adrenaline flowing, which stirs my creative juices. I'm a writer.

I like both Dylan and Stevens. I am also a writer, as well as a musician/singer/songwriter, and a simple farmer. I write mostly fantasy, and will use the more aggressive music if I need inspiration for a fight scene.

Again, welcome to the boards and I hope you enjoy your stay here!
Professor Ali

Post by Professor Ali »

I prefer Sufi Rock.
Current research project: I am translating the Gospel According to Lazarus.
Razor

Post by Razor »

I think you guys might find this could help get the blood flowing. Lots of good stuff out there.

As a musician, music producer (sometimes), and audiophile, I listen to alllll sorts of stuff. Btw, Shang Li, if you're still out there, thank you for the Buddhist Chant link, as wella s the taiko drummer link for Hibiki. Both are nice finds.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Been recently enjoying the tunes of skillet.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

I'm probably showing my roots here but I've always liked If You Could Read My Thoughts by Gordon Lightfoot. Even as a kid before I understood any part of it.

I still like the song but I'd rather not understand every part of it.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Grace

Post by Grace »

I like Voodoo by Godsmack.

-Cynthia
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.