Music

Come here to discuss the myriad of beliefs, customs and philosophies that exist in our megaverse.
Hannah

Music

Post by Hannah »

Do any of you use music to get you in the mood for a task?

I've found myself listening to a song from the soundtrack of one of my Dad's favourite movies a lot lately. It helps me focus on what I have to do.
I will be who I chose to be.
Cybermancer

Re: Music

Post by Cybermancer »

Oh yes, all the time.

Metallica, Theory of a Deadman, The Imperial March, Nickleback, Cage the Elephant, Kid Rock and Match Box 20 and many others all have their places in my 'creative thinking' folder. The theme from the Mortal Combat movie is excellent to fence to. And my older brother has quite the collection for when he's in combat.

Do you wish to share this song with us or is it something you'd prefer to keep private for now?
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Found it on Youtube.
Cybermancer

Music that speaks to the soul.

Post by Cybermancer »

Hannah,

If this is representative of your current state of mind then I confess I am concerned. It's pretty clear that you want Khavik dead but at what cost?

The worst thing about a creature such as Khavik, the most horrible ugly thing, is that his evil is infectious. It isn't enough that he is a monster. It is not enough that he kills, maims and causes pain. As diabolical as all of that is, the greatest sin he commits is that he takes people and he turns them into monsters.

Beat him. Destroy him if you can. But don't let him win.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I prefer classic rock myself, some country. At times I just can't get Charlie Daniels out of my head. Kell's really into Taylor Swift & Colbie Caliet (go figure).

There is a song on that album of your's Hannah. I don't know the title or artist, but I liked it. Its the one that starts out " I can hear what your thinking. " Good song.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Cybermancer . . . I can't be the person I was, not in this world. Not with things like Khavik having a personal interest in me.

Like the singer, I have to change, I have to be harder than I used to be. I have to take control of the situation. I can't back down, I can't retreat, I can't surrender.

That beast was part of killing my mother, my father, Darcy, Celeste and hundreds of other people. He does have to pay for what he did, and right now I have a chance to be the one to exact that payment. After this, it could be that nobody else will ever have a chance again.

So I have to make him burn, even if it means I have o douse myself in gasoline and wrap my arms around him first to make it happen.

My father understood what it takes. He knew he was putting his head into the lion's mouth when he went into that cathedral. He new he was probably going to die. But he also knew he had the chance to end Khavik's reign forever, so he took it.

I have a much better chance, and I have friends who are going with me. We will succeed where my father failed.

We have to.
Robyn

Syntax Error

Post by Robyn »

Going back to who you were before would be the opposite of growth. That is not healthy for the human condition.

Nor is dousing yourself in gasoline and then embracing a murderer.

I have never been a parent. I do not expect I will ever be one. Nevertheless, from what I have observed, read and studied on the subject I have to ask.

Did your father walk into that Cathedral to kill Khavik or to protect you?

The two only seem like the same thing.
Cessiel

Hallelujah and pass the ammunition.

Post by Cessiel »

I don't understand why everyone here wishes to be so preachy.

Hannah is coming of age. This should be celebrated. She will become a fine hunter of evil, like her father before her. I sense much potential in this one.

Just as significant, we may well see the end of Khavik forever.

The cost may have been high but in the long run, worth it. Especially when you consider the countless thousands of lives saved from death or damnation by ending yet another ageless parasite.

As always, my prayers go with you my child...

I'm sorry, I mean, my lady.
I can help.
Although perhaps not in the way you would want or could imagine.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Cessiel, given your support of Frank Brimstone, perhaps your words are not so soothing as you intend?

Hannah,

I would never suggest you attempt to rewind the clock. That is rarely advisable. However, your comments have all been quite extreme. Fanaticism is a dangerous path. Find a middle road, one you can walk comfortably. One that leaves enough room for your friends and allies to walk beside you.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I find myself likin' a Jimmy Buffet too every now and then.

And Cessiel, your help isn't very helpful.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Gabriel Matthews

Post by Gabriel Matthews »

Alice Cooper's "Pick Up The Bones" seems to be a regular track in my player and it definitely gets my blood boiling... Gets me in the mood to get back at some of these freaks. A reminder of the cruelty and evil that surrounds us.

So to answer your question... all the time. Music is my drug.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Hannah wrote:Found it on Youtube.

I caught Ron humming that tune a couple of times. Especially when he thought Hannah was dead.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

My guilty pleasure - " Weird Al " If you ever have the chance -

" Trigger Happy " & " The Night Santa Went Crazy "

I know, but I thought they were funny as Hell.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Cybermancer wrote:Oh yes, all the time.

*SNIP*, The Imperial March, *SNIP* and many others all have their places in my 'creative thinking' folder.

Is there something we need to know about, Cyber? A desire to wear black masks? An urge to travel to new worlds, meet new people and crush them beneath your jackboot? Breathing difficulties? Does creative thinking refer to future plans?
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

:lol:
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

I look good in black.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Look out, its Darth Cyber. :D
Grace

Post by Grace »

Bodies by Drowning Pool.
-Oscar Wilde.
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

Ministry and DevilDriver are in my playlist right now.
Builder of what you need.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ok, lets see....Faith Hill, Colbie Caliet, Jimmy Buffet, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Uncle Kracker, Big & Rich, Taylor Swift, Creed, Evanescence, Enya, Pure Moods, AC/DC, old Metallica, Charlie Daniels, Nox Arcana, Bon Jovi, Martina McBride, and Reba MacIntire.
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

Holister, you playlist would definately make me want to kill something.
Builder of what you need.
Holister

Post by Holister »

You see hear what the jukebox at The Brick puts out on a nightly basis.
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

Fundamentum.
I can help.
Although perhaps not in the way you would want or could imagine.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I just Googled it. Cool!
Holister

Post by Holister »

Sounds of Nature CD followed by The Beasty Boyz. If that doen't put ya' in the huntin' mood, nothin' will.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Holister wrote:There is a song on that album of your's Hannah. I don't know the title or artist, but I liked it. Its the one that starts out " I can hear what your thinking. " Good song.

Ben, I don't think you're the only one who remembers the song.

Heck, even the monsters are in on the act.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

The sound of certain voices have replaced the sound of vodka splashing over ice which has reigned for the last two decades +/- a handful of years.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

No wonder you're always so cranky about my drinking.
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

When I was 14 I thought my father was the dumbest man on the planet.
When I turned 21 I couldn't believe how much he'd learned in just seven years.
Question everything.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I like hunting to Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Nickelback, Linkin Park, and Disturbed.

As for Hannah's current choice, I'd like to point out that it is her choice.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD