Time with Khavik

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Hannah

Time with Khavik

Post by Hannah »

I'm still trying to piece together what happened to me after that whatever it was grabbed me. It's hard for me to tell what was and wasn't real. I am pretty sure u to the part when it grabbed me. At that time I was hiding in the panic room. Rain and Natasha were there with me. I was holding on to my silver wheel coin when suddenly Rain was wrapped up in what looked like barbed wire. A moment later I felt pain explode like an atom bomb behind my eyes.

When I woke up, I could hear the voices.

You have done well . . . very well, my friend. I smell blood. But not too much. You were not to harm her . . . too much . . . just to keep her in line. For that, I give you this.

There was the slink of metal on stone. Something sharp was being dragged across the floor. My eyes didn’t want to open, but I knew where ever I was, I was cold.

Another voice, this one full of pain and wickedness. “
My thanks master, I shall depart.

A third voice, one that has haunted me for years. “
Was letting it go like that wise? We could have used it in securing the blind bitch.

My Nightmare was here.

I tried to force myself up, to force open my eyes, to talk to scream . . . nothing. All I could do was feel the coldness that kept me still.

It couldn’t have gotten to the false bloodling any more than you have, ” the first voice sneered. “Think you she’s nothing more than a blind, handicapped whore? Then you are a fool. I thought your last three failures would have apprised you of her . . . capabilities in your realm of dreams. You have your minions, and I have mine . . . and I treat them how I will. Leave it at that."

Of course . . .” the hesitation in his voice was almost painful, “Master.

Master? Master? Who could my nightmare be so overwhelmed by to force himself to bend and obey?

Everything is in place. Follow my instructions, and I shall see her yours. Do not deviate from the plan. I’ll keep her . . . fresh for you. But do not ask her too soon, or you shall spoil it.

As you wish it . . . Master.” Less of a hesitation this time, but I could tell he was chewing his own tongue trying to force it out.

She will be yours. If you do as I say. Now go.

I don't know how long the silence stretched, but I was aching for any noise to let me know I hadn't died.

So . . . you are awake then, child. ” The voice was right beside me now – I don’t know how he got so close without me hearing him. “Are you scared, Hannah? You shouldn’t have to be, you know. Soon, your dreams will be realized: no one will find you, so therefore no one will worry over your dead body. Nobody will even know you’re dead. And yet they will eventually forget you, plaster your name and posts up like a saint that we both know you aren’t, and go on with their lives, saving what they can, dying for their beliefs as they have so often desired? Won’t that be a comfort, knowing that your memory will nevertheless remain a beacon to all Lazlo members?

So, take your heart, child. Because if you don’t . . . I will.

The voice then left me alone to wish I could cry.
I will be who I chose to be.
Cybermancer

Re: Time with Khavik

Post by Cybermancer »

Hmmm. Well, it seems we now know who was scared of whom.

I wonder what it takes to make a nightmare afraid?

Unfortunately I am not in a good position to assist you, Hannah. There are others that are counting on me to find solutions to their delimas. And they are not able to help themselves nor do they have the help of all the good people coming out to aid you at the moment.

If there is some resource or information that I can provide however, I shall endeavor to make it available to you.

These are hard times for you. I hope that you make it through them. In any case, I am rooting for you.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Jeremiah Dark

Post by Jeremiah Dark »

The only mistake they made was lettin' you live lil' lamb. Once I find ya', I'll be sure to rectify that mistake. Hell, I owe ya' one moppet.

Oh yes I do, an daddy ain't round no more to save ya' pretty skin.

So go ahead an act tough....get me nice and riled. I like it it better when I have a reason to carve you up nice and fine like.

I will split you up the middle just to watch ya' bleed out, nice and slow.

Oh yes, " Somethin' wicked your way comes! "

"Born Of Lust; Dust To Dust. Born In Sin; Come On In."
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

You're right it was their mistake and I intend to make it cost them.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

It had been hours, days, weeks, I didn’t know. All I knew was cold, darkness and fear.

The voices had returned. The Nightmare was speaking in urgent tones. “
. . . they were both there, the heretic and the blind bi . . .” He caught himself just in time, "and the blind woman. But it was a trick, they attacked us. The heretic brought a bomb with him and . . . I escaped.

And the false bloodling?" Khavik asked eagerly. "The one I require of our bargain? The one who owes me?"

The nightmare hesitated. "
WELL?!" Khavik and I were both eager for the answer, but for different reasons.

The bomb killed her and the heretic.” The nightmare was talking fast now. “Isn’t that wonderful? Both of our hated foes gone in one beautiful big explosion.

No.

Silence for a full minute. "
Tell me dream hopper . . . do you consider yourself to be a vengeful creature against those who cross you? "

Of course. The heretics and unbelievers must be routed from God’s kingdom.

"And tell me, would you keep your enemies in a state of constant fear?"

I . . . God’s enemies should fear his agents.

"
And if you were to have your enemies under your power, would you ever relinquish it?"

God’s law in inescapable and so am I."

Khavik exploded.

"
Then WHY should I be pleased that the woman is dead, beyond my immediate power to—” Khavik stopped.

My nightmare was scared . . . I wish I could have enjoyed it, but I was still reeling from the thought of Dad and Wie being dead.

I . . . I . . . did it – but I destroyed them, they are gone and can never trouble us again. Think of it. Never will Khavik have to worry about Ron Caliburn coming to finish what he - URK!!!

There was a loud thud, I imagined Khavik holding my nightmare up against the wall by his throat.

"
Are you truly the one who made the esteemed Grant—the one known as Ron Caliburn—tremble at every quivering shadow? Are you the one who wore and gnawed at his confidence until he dared not leave his own home without his daughter to give him suck? The creature who twisted the Grant child until she feared to lick his very boot spittle without permission? I have my doubts—your deaths have left you witless and slavish to your lusts."

The silence fills the air like water fills a sailor’s lungs upon drowning.

"
If that is all you’re good for . . . then die and rid me of your stupidity . . . and don’t return until you make a worthy ally once more.

That’s when I heard the vertebrae crunch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Hey Hannah, good to see you're ok. Sorry to hear about Nemesis and your dad. If there is anything we can do ya' know just drop a line.

By the way, just curious about something. Kelly pointed it out, what happened to your signature PS's at the end of every post. We always that was cute.

Like I said, just curious.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Hannah wrote: The voices had returned. The Nightmare was speaking in urgent tones. “. . . they were both there, the heretic and the blind bi . . .” He caught himself just in time, "and the blind woman. But it was a trick, they attacked us. The heretic brought a bomb with him and . . . I escaped.

The bomb killed her and the heretic.” The nightmare was talking fast now. “Isn’t that wonderful? Both of our hated foes gone in one beautiful big explosion.

I . . . I . . . did it – but I destroyed them, they are gone and can never trouble us again. Think of it. Never will Khavik have to worry about Ron Caliburn coming to finish what he - URK!!!

I find this odd.

First the nightmare claims that the 'Heretic' (presuming Mr. Caliburn here) had a bomb. Certainly we have learned that a quantity of explosive entered the church with Mr. Caliburn and Nemesis. It is easy to assume that this is what the nightmare is referring to.

But then he goes on to take credit for killing them (although he still confuses Nemesis for Miss Solstice). Is this claim of credit because he somehow set off the explosive that was allegedly on Nemesis at the time?

I wish I had time to investigate the scene and gather forensic evidence. Or even access to the investigation that is no doubt underway by the authorities at the moment.

The pieces of this puzzle are beginning to form a picture but it is still incomplete.

There is one other thing of key interest here. The nightmare became so... focused on his hated enemy (Mr. Caliburn) that he neglected to perceive the requirements of his ally. Such tunnel vision is always folly.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Ben . . . I haven't really felt like adding them, guess I haven't been in a very good mood lately.

Cybermancer, I have memories of setting up a bomb under the altar in the cathedral - I think they came from the nightmare.

I think you may be on to somethign though - Khavik described the nightmare as if it had changed from back when it terrorized Dad and me a couple of years ago.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

He didn’t hide his approach from me this time. He let each deliberate footfall announce impending doom.

Hannah . . . Hannah Grant . . . awaken, and focus upon me. Your life is at a very important crossroad . . .

I felt the coldness start to slip away – replaced by the pins and needles as my blood forced its way back into my arms and legs. I still couldn’t move or talk and my eyes refused to open.

Do not worry, Hannah. Your Nightmare won’t bother you while I am here. Your father is dead, keeping your mother company. All you need do is ask, and I shall make sure your grandfather follows. And pays for his crimes against you and your family. Don’t be frightened, child. I shall keep you safe from all who would harm you.” A deadly cold finger caressed my cheek and traced town my throat.

For some reason, I didn’t believe him.

There is, however, a matter of repayment for my taking care of you. A small matter of various . . . favors you may perform for me . . . but we shall discuss that later. You do have a choice, you see. You have a . . . suitor, if you will, who has expressed interest in seeing you. He may choose you, or he may not. If you wish my protection, you shall have it . . . for due recompense, of course.

His words washed over me, forcing me down, making me drown. I retreated inside myself, trying to shield myself from his words . . . from his touch.

That's where I found my Nightmare.

“What are you doing here?”

Hannah, darling child, I’ve come to rescue you from this terrible beast. ” His tone oozed oiliness.

“No you haven’t, you’re hiding here because you’re afraid he will kill you.” I felt something inside me click over, like a switch. “You’re as scared of him as I am, more so.”

Hannah, please, you know I have always tried to protect you.

“Bullshit!” Okay, not my usual language, but I had had enough. “You’ve only ever been a parasite to me and a danger to my friends. Well that ends now you little worm. Khavik is right, you are not the nightmare I created all those years ago. You’re nothing but a bad dream that’s gone on longer than it should.”

Fine, you ungrateful little brat, I’ll leave you to him. ” He turned as if to leave.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Hmmm. I wonder if we're about to see what clever plan your father didn't want you to risk.
Holister

Post by Holister »

So ......how the hell did she get away is my question. Either Khavik is loosing his touch, or he let her escape.

But I digress, please go on.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

The only reason to allow Hannah to escape would be because she was compromised by the Nightmare and can no longer be trusted.

So let us hope he's losing his touch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

We are still talkin' bout Khavik right? The day Khavik makes a mistake is the day Master Li gives up tea.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Khavik sent the nightmare to do his bidding.

Clearly he is capable of making mistakes.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Maybe that's what he wants ya' to think.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Given available evidence, Khavik has failed in his goals before.

He may yet be thrawted again.

To put it another way:

Whether you beleive
you can do something
or you believe you cannot
you are correct.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Mr. Holister, I have said before I am master over nothing.

Has anyone recovered and verified the bodies?

Khavik is not infallible, nor is he likely to be caught without a contingency plan to save his plans when something does go wrong.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Face it Shang ol' buddy. Ya' will always be Master Li to us. Sides'; you are the master of something...your own destiny.

My attempt at philosophy.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Shang Li wrote:Has anyone recovered and verified the bodies?

I've recovered my body and verified it's in one piece. I would have verified Darcy's body too but I'm in a committed relationship.

I'm glad Hannah's been putting this into writing. It helps explain some of the chaos in the hospital today.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

So what did happen?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Short answer, she shot me on sight.

Long answer will take a bit more to get into.

Delta Sierra
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Short answer, she shot me on sight.

Long answer will take a bit more to get into.

I had to forcibly restrain her while someone sedated her. At present I believe she is still sedated.

She was not herself.
I don’t pretend to be a saint or a hero, or a good-person for all those are but just empty words. I am just a man doing a job that was paid for. And may HEAVEN ALL MIGHTY help the thing that gets in my way.
WWVLD?
Brutal

Post by Brutal »

Ron Caliburn wrote:
Shang Li wrote:Has anyone recovered and verified the bodies?

I've recovered my body and verified it's in one piece. I would have verified Darcy's body too but I'm in a committed relationship.

I'm glad Hannah's been putting this into writing. It helps explain some of the chaos in the hospital today.

Could possibly explain why she attempted to terminate you on site, some type of preconditioned response.

I have seen such thing in the past, the idea of such conditioning being forced upon a child does not sit well with me.
I don’t pretend to be a saint or a hero, or a good-person for all those are but just empty words. I am just a man doing a job that was paid for. And may HEAVEN ALL MIGHTY help the thing that gets in my way.
WWVLD?
Grace

Post by Grace »

You did a good job, Brutal. Your bonus will reflect that.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Ok, when I find Khavick's interior decorator I am going to kill it.

I swear it was like Queer Eye For The Demon Guy in there.
Let the Darkness fear, the Slayer still walks the night. And nothing shall be safe from my wrath.
Holister

Post by Holister »

He always did have awful taste.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Glad to see you made it, Slayer.

When it took so long to hear from you, I was getting concerned that you had run into Khavik. So I was actually expecting something more like this when we caught up with you.

Only with less tears from Khavik.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

:lol:
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Brutal wrote:I had to forcibly restrain her while someone sedated her. At present I believe she is still sedated.

She was not herself.

She's still sleeping it off.

Been a hard few months on her.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

No thanks to you; dad.