Another Cat Monster is gone

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Dennis Haverstand

Another Cat Monster is gone

Post by Dennis Haverstand »

Realizing how open these forums truely are, and the questionable legallity of some of my actions last night, I'm going to limit what I say here. If I hadn't been so worried about those children, I likely wouldn't have undertaken half of what I found myself doing last night. I prepared to chase down whatever it was that lived in that house, but it got the jump on me.

As I've kept abreast of Robin's troubles, I've been taking Ron's agressive attitude towards the other worldly more and more to heart. I do own a revolver that I've never before shot anywhere but a gun range, but I carried it with me last night as I went looking for my cat monster.

It found me first. I was barely able to keep my wits about me as it jumped me (I can't say where, not on the forums), and I threw it off, but it's claws ripped through my arm like a set of bone knives. The grey beast's eyes gleamed with an inhuman intelligence as it twisted in the air and landed facing me. Ripping the pistol from my jacket pocket, and thankful it had raked my left arm, I fired at the beast until the hammer clicked on an empty chamber. I know at least three of the shots hit, but it still charged. It's claws seemed longer than possible for an animal that size.

I turned to run, and I guess fear is an excellent motivator. It tore a good chunk out of my calf, and I'm limping today, but last night it could barely catch me. If we had been in the open, I would have lost it, but it wove through trees and fences I was forced to go around. As I ran, I rammed a few more rounds into the pistol. The thing jumped me again, and I turned around, kicking it. It hit a fence, and I burried two more rounds into it.

At that point, the beast melted into a pool of blackish goop that shimmered like a grotesque oilspill rainbow. The nightmare seeped into the ground and vanished.

I would have liked to investigate more, to make sure I had truely stopped the monster, but I'd fired too many gunshots in a residential area. Plus, I was woozy with pain and I couldn't get my bleeding to stop.

I headed for the hospital, claiming that I had been attacked by a stray mountain lion. If the police would say it killed that hobo, it could certainly scratch me up. I told them that gunfire had scared it off. The police took a statement I'm sure they're more comfortable with than the truth, and I slipped into a sedative sleep.

I was released a few hours ago. I phoned Stacey and she told me the children seemed better today than they have in weeks. I hope there's not some other monster laying low.

However, I do worry about those kids, and I don't want to leave any avenue unexplored. When I feel more mobile, I'll come back and check the loose ends. Also, something Debunker said stuck in my mind. I may call the Provincial Child Care office and request a suprise inspection for Stacey's facility. I don't think she's capable of hurting the children, but I need to be sure.

If you'll excuse me, I have to change a few bandages and enjoy a few hours of percocet dreams.
Debunker
Location: My Paranromal team is based in the U.K., but we travel world wide

Post by Debunker »

Your "unique" story aside, Im glad your being responsible and contacting the authorities for the children's sakes.
Elliott James Tobias III
AKA: Debunker

"The truth is indeed out there...science has been pointing it out for centuries."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Good work Dennis.

I guess the next step would be the house.

Incidently, your cover story seems to have met some national exposure. That or Nanton has a sevre cat problem.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Huntress

Post by Huntress »

Nice job Dennis, I admire a man who can take a good lickin and keep on tickin. :wink:
Girls kick ass, just ask my latest victim.
Dennis Haverstand

The man in that story is not me. Apart from the wrong name, that is a night too early. The fact that it contains two wild cats is a terrifying development. I was badly torn up taking down the one. If this incident is related, there's at least one other cat thing out there.

I pray these are just cougars.
Dennis Haverstand

The sick sinking feeling in my stomach tells me I have no choice. I need to go back to Nanton and at least look around and make sure there's not another one of these monsters.

I would appreciate any help anyone could provide, even if it's only advice on how to procede. I'd like to ask for back up, but I am not able to even cover the expenses of anyone who is willing to help, so I'll take whatever I can get.

I will probably return on Friday. Hopefully my wounds will all be licked enough by then.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I hope they were just cougars too, but cougars usually aren't seen in pairs and they usually don't go after full grown men, especially ones in good shape with a companion.

Delta Sierra
Debunker

Post by Debunker »

Ron Caliburn wrote:I hope they were just cougars too, but cougars usually aren't seen in pairs and they usually don't go after full grown men, especially ones in good shape with a companion.

Of course they're cougars, they're always cougars or mountian lions, they're just animals. They are not demon cats out to get you already! Classic example of saying big things to add meaning to ones life, I bet that cat monster gets bigger everytime he tells the story too. :roll:
Elliott James Tobias III

"The truth is indeed out there...science has been pointing it out for centuries."
Dennis Haverstand

I was able to get a hold of Peter Bystervald earlier today. When I told him I was a writer he was more than willing to speak with me. It turns out he was even familiar with some of my work. Aparently he remembered me from a poetry reading at a club in Calgary an ex had dragged him to last year. He remembered me as being the only "non-faggy" guy who read. (I decided not to tell him the poem he remembered was about Johnny Depp in Edward Siscorhands.)

Anyways, he's rather arrogant and full of bravado, thinking himself a powerful example of machismo. The size of the creature has Alberta Sustainable Resources believing it was a baby cougar, however it fits the size of my monster. It displayed far less tenacity with him, though. Still, I'm unable to lay my worries to rest. I can merely hope I have a frat boy who fought a baby animal, not a moron who escaped a demon.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well there were two people in the story, perhaps it doubted it's ability to make the kill in front of a witness.

A lot of these things use a bully mentality. Any significant resistance and they often don't knwo what to do.

Delta Sierra
Dr.JamesRasmusson

Post by Dr.JamesRasmusson »

I seriously hope you did not discharge your firearm in the house.
This is something that will tie you into a possible break and enter. The bullets left in the house can be used as evidence and matched to your revolver. Also if this so called cat monster is a familiar it's human counterpart will be none to pleased. This individual may verywell have other powerful supernatural allies that may be used to get even for the loss. Please curb your reclessness in the future.

Now while I do not doubt you believe you saw what you say you did, you may not have been acting rationally.
First of all it was a bad idea to go someplace you where not comfortable without some form of assistance. This may have helped you alot in the attack. Also a witness may be able to confirm that only one animal attacked you.
With the evidence showing two cougars in the area the night before you may have been attacked by a housecat in the first instant and a cougar the next. A frightened and already fleeing man that may have burned up alot of his energy may have been an attractive target to a mountain lion.
Next you did not start with eliminating the mundane reasons for the childrens behaviour. Chemicals in the water, abuse, or anything else.
To start you should have put the parents minds at rest by introducing yourself as someone looking into the childcare facility (which you where just not in the way they'd assume)
Interviewing the children alone would have helped you learn of their issues.
You also failed to bring back evidence. This does not help you, nor does it help the agency in the case of future cases of this sort.

Of course this is all hindsight being 20/20.

just remember, methodical, scientific analysis that produces hard evidence is what will bring our area of expertise into acceptance by the world at large.
Debunker

Post by Debunker »

Dr.JamesRasmusson wrote:just remember, methodical, scientific analysis that produces hard evidence is what will bring our area of expertise into acceptance by the world at large.

You know, I like this gentleman. welcome to the Society Dr.!
Elliott James Tobias III

Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Dr.JamesRasmusson wrote:
just remember, methodical, scientific analysis that produces hard evidence is what will bring our area of expertise into acceptance by the world at large.

just remember, methodical, scientific analysis that produces hard evidence is what will get someone killed when lives are allready at stake.

End the threat first, then analyze it.

Delta Sierra
Huntress

Post by Huntress »

Ron Caliburn wrote:just remember, methodical, scientific analysis that produces hard evidence is what will get someone killed when lives are allready at stake.

End the threat first, then analyze it.

I like the way you think Ron... Kick ass first, ask questions later! :)
Girls kick ass, just ask my latest victim.
Dr.JamesRasmusson

Post by Dr.JamesRasmusson »

It is people like you who cause parapsycology to be seen as the profession of quacks.
Parapsycology is a hard science. We as a group should stirve to provide irrefutable evidence so that the world at large will finally accept us.

Now as you say "kick ass then ask questions" is a fools motto. Knowledge of your enemy is your best way of defeating them. Read a little from Sun Tzu. THen realise that our enemy is largely unknown to us. Head on battle is not the optimal course now. To put it in terms you will understand: do recon, communicate the info to your allies and outman/outgun/overwhelm your enemy.

Every individual in this group should co-operate; share knowledge, information, and evidence.

On a final note I have yet to come accross a situation that I could not handle while conducting hard scientific fact finding as part of a team.
I have been present at hauntings, and exorcisms. I have interviewed cult followers and demon worshipers. I've been on archeological digs for powerful artifacts. Not once have I felt threatened, because I approach each situation in a methodical, scientific, and safe manner.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

The obvious response is that you have not been in the right situation. I do not doubt your bravery, methods, skill, or anything like that; I do doubt that you have seen it all (in other words, one day you are going to meet a situation you are unable to handle; we all have given time).
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well Doc, there's part of the problem.

I ain't no parapsychologist, heck, I don't know if I even spelled the word right.

What I do is I hunt down and remove the monsters that stalk and kill innocent people. What I do is usually of a time sensitive nature. If I don't act immediately, somebody will die.

You go ahead and do your studies and try to find a way to stop all of these things for good.

In the meantime I'll keep doing what I do best, saving lives out on the streets.

Delta Sierra
Last Moon

Re: Another Cat Monster is gone

Post by Last Moon »

Mr. Haverstand,

Would you be willing to be interviewed about your experiences? I am interested in the possible links between such odd animal attacks and possible therianthrope encounters.

Return to “War Stories”