Hunting the Bharghast - By Ben, Ghost, & Joe.

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Holister

Hunting the Bharghast - By Ben, Ghost, & Joe.

Post by Holister »

Greetings from Maine

Ok, I know things are crazy around here as of late. Even we here at Cypress Cove has our fair share of trouble; in the form of a Bharghast demon hound.

Well let me start by saying that if not for the help I got from Ghostspider & Joe Smith, more innocent people would have died, so buddies I, and this town, are in your debt. They are both great guys who I'ld slog it out with again it a heartbeat.

I should probably feel you in on how it all started, and a lil' bit bout the legend. You see, every year between the Winter Solstice and the first day of spring, this demon woul emerge from its lair and hunt down everything its path, including innocent people. For decades this went on until it was finally trapped when it was sealed up in its cave.

Then just before my return, so fool went and released it. Who did it I still don't know.

Anyway, it started the killing again. At first no one knew about the demon because it was killing off deer and other wild game. Then it moved onto the livestock and pets. It's presence wasn't made aware of until it started killing people. Up until that time it was assumed to be a bear or cougar, maybe a pack of wolves.

When I resumed my role as acting sheriff again, I had a chance to study the reports more closely. Deputy Utah told me about the legend of " The Beast ". I went out to each crime scene and investigated the evidence myself. It was no normal animal that was doing the killing.

I had no idea what the Hell it was.

Maybe a werewolf or a dybuuk, but the clues, and my gut, just didn't point in that direction.

I spent many nights in the cold and snow tracking this thing down before just calling you guys in. It wasn't until I encountered the thing with my own eyes that I knew I was in over my head.

So I once again dusted off my Society membership and contacted the Society for help. You fellas did not disappoint. Once again Ghost came up to help me out, and that new guy Joe Smith also came up to offer some tech support, and a few extra guns to join in the hunt.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Joe Smith

Re: Hunting the Bharghast - By Ben, Ghost, & Joe.

Post by Joe Smith »

I have to say, that we really were undergunned for that thing. If it wasn't for GS's fighting skills, I would have been Bharghast chow. Ben was pretty handy with that rifle also. They both got me out of some very hot water when it got me cornered, broke my rifle, and smacked me against a tree hard enough to see stars.

I did get its signature on my scanner, and it did register at a farther distance than the others. Maybe 6 feet. Still not good, but it did tell me when it was sneaking up behind me. How can something that big move so quietly?
Builder of what you need.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I think thats what made it so hard to track down in the first place. As for undergunned, you said a mouth full. That thing was tough. I should have known better that to try sniping that thing, it was just too dam fast. It moved like it knew that shot was coming. I should have brought some flashbangs and more short range firepower. Sorry bout that guys.

Your right about Ghost, he must be the craziest SOB in the world or the bravest for goin' head to head with that thing. He saved my but again thats for sure.

That scanner thing of yours was a big help too Joe. I can only imagine how worse that fight would have been if that thing was able to get the drop on us. I'm just glad that gizmo of yours warned us ahead of time. I may need to get me one of those. :wink:

I'm just glad that thing is dead.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Crazy, vote on crazy. :mrgreen:

Anywho, no need to thank me. This was the best fight I've had in weeks, helping you guys out was just the icing on the cake. Speaking of food, those were some excellent steaks. Thanks alot.

Still, I was more than a little embarassed that first night, when I only managed to get in one hit before it knocked me through that wall. Two bruised ribs, and a hair full of dry wall. So not cool.

By the way, that was a mighty cool scanner you had Joe, very handy when it was needed. Keep working on it, it's defintely got serious potential. If you need any more help field testing it, just give me a shout.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

I was more concerned for the wall than you Ghost... :mrgreen: Need I remind you that you are the one that landed that killing blow and cuts out its heart. Heck, I just shot it a few times and dug a hole.

I think that Joe did more to kill it than me :lol:
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

Thats because you were the smart one and stayed well back. I was the one that needed saving!

If you want me to set you up with one of those little scanners, they are easy. Just get an iphone. It can be set to go of whenever something is close to you, or just generally when it detects that wavelength of energy.

I just got contacted for a job down in florida. They are doing a movie down there and need a Lead electrician. Its only for two weeks of fiming, but the pay is pretty good.

Isn't there something going on down there that was recently mentioned?
Holister

Post by Holister »

I think I'll take you up on that scanner thing Joe. Send me a bill and I'll wire you the funds to build me one. That thing was very useful.
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

Holister wrote:I think I'll take you up on that scanner thing Joe. Send me a bill and I'll wire you the funds to build me one. That thing was very useful.

Get an Iphone and I will email you the app. Just install it. It while active you can't take or make calls however.
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

I am curious about this encounter. Legends regarding Barghest have a fair degree of overlap with those regarding therians. I would be most interested in the chance to speak with all of the participants.

Return to “War Stories”