Not at home

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Hannah

Not at home

Post by Hannah »

Hello Everyone.

If you want to find me or Dad don't stop by our place because we aren't there. I was at an archery tournament yesterday (placed first, if it matters) and we stayed at a hotel last night.

When we got home this morning Dad knew there was something wrong immediately. "
Stay close" he said as the front door swung open without resistance. We usually keep it locked three ways, eight when we're asleep or not expecting anybody.

I followed instructions and stayed by his side as we worked our way through the house. Dad had his carry piece ready, in case we ran into trouble. We didn't make any noise because we didn't want to tip off anybody who might have been waiting for us.

The house was deathly silent. No TV or Radio. No noises from the kitchen. All the lights were off so there wasn't even the soft hum they make.

Dad almost put a bullet into Mr. Fluffers when the cat appeared at the top of the stairs. As usual Mr. Fluffers didn't seem to care how close he'd come to being shot, he just gave an impatient 'mew' and padded his way towards the master bedroom.

Dad and I followed cautiously. Dad pushed the bedroom door open slowly, covering every angle he could as we entered the room.

My mother was there . . . I couldn't see all of her as she was down on the far side of the bed. The beige carpet was stained a dark red around her.

We only stayed long enough to grab our bug-out bags. I can't tell you where I am, but I can say I'm safe. Dad's taken Mr. Fluffers with him and they are looking for whoever it was that did this.

Dad's always been intense before his missions. He's always tried to make sure I knew what to do if he didn't come back, but this time . . . I don't think he expected to see me again when he said goodbye.

Hannah

PS: Please don't look for me, Dad wants me to stay hidden. He's probably going to be mad I even posted this, but a lot of you have been really good friends to us over the years and I thought you should know.

I will be who I chose to be.
Holister

Re: Not at home

Post by Holister »

HOLY HELL!?

Did I just read that right? Did I just read what I thought I read? What the hell is happening there?
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Good luck.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hello Ben,

Your reaction tells me you read it right. Dad is looking for the people who were in our house.

Hannah

PS: This is the first time I'm glad Wie moved out a month ago. If this had happened with her and mom there . . . Dad's going to take care of it.
Grace

Post by Grace »

If... you know, need some help...

Let me know. I'm sure we can work out something.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Wait Hannah, Ben just told me before he rushed out of the house. What is going on down there?

And Wie left a month ago? Ben never told me that? Where's Ron?
" Don't ever come between a wolf and her pups. Ever!!! "
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hello Nemesis.

Thanks for your offer - but I don't know where Dad is right now and I'm not allowed to say where I am in case they come after me too.

All I know right now is Dad's starting somewhere in the DC area.

Hannah

PS: I'm sure you understand that kind of thing in your line of work.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Kelly,

I don't know all that much, but after we found my mother, Dad activated one of his contingency plans.

Hannah

PS: Wie and Dad were fighting a bit at the end of last year, after she lost the second baby. I think she just needed some time and space to get over it and Dad was his usual full tilt self. I don't think any of us thought it was permanent.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Hannah wrote:PS: I'm sure you understand that kind of thing in your line of work.

I do. And you should listen to your father.
-Oscar Wilde.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Wait..Wie lost the baby...twice? Oh Hannah, I didn't know. Sweetie I'm so sorry.

Listen, Ben is in overdrive right now down at the station trying to reach the DC homicide detectives now to try and find out more.

Hang in there sweetie, and again I am so sorry.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hello Kelly

Dad and Wie didn't want to make a big deal of it publicly. They figured that sort of stuff was best kept off the boards.

Dad's the sort who wants to immediately get back up on the horse that bucked him. Wie didn't want to be rushed like that. My mom warned Dad not to push . . . but Dad isn't known for listening.

Hannah

PS: I've tried to get a hold of Wie to let her know, but she hasn't responded yet.

Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

My prayers go out to you and your family at this time, child.
I can help.
Although perhaps not in the way you would want or could imagine.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Thank you, Cessiel
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone,

I was with the folks watching me. They had the game on and I got to thinking about the feast Mom had promised to make for the Super Bowl and it hit me.

I guess they taught us to be really calm and tactically minded back at the compound. When we went into my house I just went numb . . . but now that I'm someplace safe . . .

I realized mom isn't going to be able to cook for the Super Bowl.

I realized Mom isn't ever going to cook for me again.

I realized that I was never going to see my mom again, hear her singing me a lullaby or feel her combing my hair.

It all just came on at once.

I've been crying for about three hours now. I know there's nothing I can do and that I should be crying . . . but I don't want to be like this. I don't want to be the one who is the target anymore. I don't want to be the one who sits and waits. I want to be the one who makes this all right.

What's the good of the gift the Oak King gave to me if I can't use it when I need to? If I could do even a half of what I've seen him and Robin do I wouldn't have had to stay in that hotel over night. Me and Dad would have been home when whoever it was come calling. I could have burned them while Dad shot them and my Mom would be alive.

It's not fair. I see all of you able to go out and help people and all I can do is stay behind and try to run away if the danger gets too close.

I'm so tired of being scared. I'm tired of running. I'm tired of being the weak point used to get at strong people.

I want to be the strong person. I want . . .

I want my mother back.

Hannah
Grace

To every thing there is a season. A season for killing...

Post by Grace »

Hannah,

I've been where you are now.

It's a painful thing to feel powerless.

It tears out your heart and soul when someone you love is taken from you and there is nothing you can do about it.

What you got to do right now, is survive.

Time will come, and not much longer, I'm sure, that you'll be the strong one.
Time will come when you take the fight to your enemy.
Time will come when you can do what you want and protect.

But right now you don't need to be the strong one. Cause everyone around here for the last few days have been telling me that they do what they do for the ones they love. They're strong because they have someone to make them strong.

So right now you don't have to be strong enough to fight like the rest of us. Right now you just got to be strong enough to help your Pa to be strong enough to do the fighting. I'm sure you understand that better than I ever could.

I'm sorry about your mom. I still miss my Da and I think the pain in my heart will be there until I die. But I think your heart is stronger.

So survive. Survive for her.
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Oh man this is Sarah all over again. Hannah I know more than anyone else here on these boards what your dad and you are going through right now. You should remember that Molly lost her mother the same way too not so long ago. I know what your going through because I saw Molly go through it also.

I know what is going through your dad's head right now Hannah. I have been where is now. I am not going to sit here and tell you to be strong, because I know the pain your feeling.

Hannah I need to know if you are safe. Please, if you are able to read this please contact us using a PM if you can. As for your dad, I just want to let you know I got his back 100%, and right now he does more than ever.

Please stay in touch.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I have no choice but to survive. Dad's contingency plan had me on a small plane out of a municipal airport less than an hour after we got home.

I don't even know which state I'm in - not that I'd be allowed to say anyway. The folks I'm with are really nice - they treat me well and all - other than I'm not allowed outside the apartment for now. They don't want to risk me being spotted by anyone who might be looking for me.

I wish I knew where Dad was right now. He hasn't checked in with me - and I don't think he will. I think he's going to do everything he can to remain out of sight until this is over.

He's probably mad at me for posting any of this, but I wanted to make sure you all knew what had happened.

Tears are back, got to go.

Grace

Post by Grace »

Ah Hannah,

I'm glad you beleive that you have no choice but to survive. Keep believing that.

But please, be more circumspect about what you post. You have already left leads for anyone who might want to try and find you. Your father would not be pleased. :| Unless you're being deliberately misleading, in which case, good job!

I'm curious about the scene you discovered but will hold off asking questions until you feel you can cope.
-Oscar Wilde.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Hannah wrote:My mother was there . . . I couldn't see all of her as she was down on the far side of the bed. The beige carpet was stained a dark red around her.

Makes me sick. I'm so sorry to hear this. :(

You know I will do anything for you that you ask me.
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Hannah, i'm so sorry. If you need anything, anything at all, just contact me.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

I may have gotten off on the wrong foot with you and your father, however, don't ever forget that I am on your side.
My door is always open for you.

Stay safe and warmest regards.
Question everything.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Thank you, all of you.

They moved me again already - more of my father's friends, not folks of the society. They are not letting me have a chance to know much about where I am or even who they are. They say it's the best for me.
Last edited by Hannah on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grace

Post by Grace »

It seems that your dad has prepared well for your safety.

That's a releif.

Ahem.

In a strictly, professional observing another professional sort of a way, of course.

:|
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Dad is . . . could be was now for all I know.

I want to hear his voice.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Be careful little one. Keep your eyes open and mind sharp. Don't let someone take advantage of your grief. We know there is something out there that looks exactly like your father, and there are illusions that could be made to look like your mother. Mourn, but stay aware. It is your only weapon right now.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Grace

Post by Grace »

Hannah wrote:Dad is . . . could be was now for all I know.

I want to hear his voice.

Don't worry about your dad.

He's a survivor and he's got you to keep him going strong.
-Oscar Wilde.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Oh Hannah hang in there sweetie. I'm sure your father is ok. Just have faith.

Im sure that ones who are responsible for all of this will be brought to justice soon enough and be made to stand for what they've done.

I just hope he is not walking into a trap with open arms.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I don't want to hide

I don't want to think about who's alive or dead

I don't want to wonder if I'm next.

I just want to go to school, hang out and be a normal kid.

What did I do to wind up with this crazy life?
Cameron Thorne

Post by Cameron Thorne »

Hannah wrote:What did I do to wind up with this crazy life?

You were born.
Sometimes the truth is more horrific than the lie.
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

Hello, Miss Hannah, sorry about your mom I know what it is like to lose those closest to you and not be able to do anything about it. My deepest condolences to you and your dad.

As for how you eneded up with your life well, sometimes life just happens. Look at me, all my friends are either here on these boards or 20+ years older then me, well at least the ones here at the estate are anyway. But it really isn't that bad I have people who care about me and want to make sure no harm comes to me, and yes I get the stay here where it is safe line all the time, not that I always listen to them, I know it is for my own good as i am not as experianced as those around me, but that doesn't make it any easier.

Just remember we are the next generation, and when those here are to old to fight the good fight anymore it will be us telling them to stay here where it is safe.

Anyway I guess what I am trying to say is I understand your situation and if you ever need anyone to talk to I am here.
Following in the steps of good men.

Return to “Agency Voice”