New ideas for fighting Vampires

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
PSC27

New ideas for fighting Vampires

Post by PSC27 »

Fog machines with garlic power and/or Colloidal Silver mixed into the fog solution. Causes sickness and/or death them.

Tranquliser darts, with a silver neddle, full of holy water...Makes them go KA-BOOM. Stand at least 25' away, you will find that if you don't you get guts all over you.

Also, silver BB's and an air gun or a paint ball gun. Also, holy water paint balls work quite good, especially when frozen.

That's enough tips, from the UK.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I've been working with a mixture of garlic oil and holy water as a muzzle spray from a shotgun. Works like mace on them.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Lucas Priest

Post by Lucas Priest »

I've worked with silver hallide suspended in DMSO for gel rounds. They can be packed for almost any caliber, and most of the state ingredients can be purchased over the counter ('cept the bullet presses- but you can go online for those). The suspension agent works pretty well with any type of liquid medium, so I suppose other combinations would work as well.
The science of any sufficiently advanced society would appear as magic to those less developed...
Huntress

Post by Huntress »

You boys and your toys :roll: ,just clobber the bastards into submission and then ram an unprocessed wooden stake (I call them two by fours) through the chest area, works every time!
Last edited by Huntress on Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Girls kick ass, just ask my latest victim.
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

what if the vampire is wearing armor?
Huntress

Post by Huntress »

that's where all the clobberin comes in! That's the best part ya big silly :)
Last edited by Huntress on Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph Darkhold

Post by Joseph Darkhold »

Huntress wrote:that where all the clobberin comes in! That's the best part ya big silly :)

Ya know...I like you.
"Ex Ignorantia ad Sapientiam, e Luce ad Tenebras"
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I don't like gel rounds - they have a tendancy to go splat on the outside rather than get through every time. That's why I use a solid silver penetrator.

Smacking them around is just fine, but I've learned these things are usually hellishly strong and I'd rather not give one the chance to put its paws on me. The stand off option is much safer.

Just remember, if it's a fair fight, you're doing something wrong.

Delta Sierra
The Traveler King

Post by The Traveler King »

Just curious, but has anyone worked on containment methods? That is, not destroying a vampire, but immobilizing and containing them?
Joseph Darkhold

...Nope, can't say that I have tried any methods to contain vampires...Seeing as how the only ones I've ever met have been interested in tearing out my throat, I don't see any reason why I would want to contain one.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Joseph Darkhold wrote:...Nope, can't say that I have tried any methods to contain vampires...Seeing as how the only ones I've ever met have been interested in tearing out my throat, I don't see any reason why I would want to contain one.

I'd agree with this. Vampires scare the heck out of me, and the only way I deal with them is to destroy them. Why would anyone, in their right mind, want to contain one? For what purpose?
Brother Hotep

Post by Brother Hotep »

Best way to contain Vampires.. I'm assuming you're talking of the Run of the mill Vampire ...

Lock em in a box with running water, While Staked .. or any of those DAvid Blaine style Traps

and you can use Holy water , positively Chi charged Silver locks and so on..

or you can use the right runes, but without a proper arcanist in your group It'll likely not work.
" I wanna live, I wanna Love, It's a long hard road out of hell. I want to Live Forever, Forever will always Be... "
The Traveler King

Nameless wrote:I'd agree with this. Vampires scare the heck out of me, and the only way I deal with them is to destroy them. Why would anyone, in their right mind, want to contain one? For what purpose?

Examination, of course.
Huntress

Post by Huntress »

The Traveler King wrote:Just curious, but has anyone worked on containment methods? That is, not destroying a vampire, but immobilizing and containing them?

Even attempting something like that is catching a tiger by the tail, grabbing the bull by the horns, pulling the frat boy by the yank or whatever metaphor you like. A vampire bite is a one time deal, you dont come back from it, your only escape is death (and probrably by one of your own comrades), I would'nt take the chance of holding it as it will eventually and inevitiably escape and come for you.
Last edited by Huntress on Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Unfortunately, whenyou're dealing with a thing that has eternal life (or unlife or whatever) escape isn't a possibility, it's an eventuality. The sooner you can be rid of it, the better.

Delta Sierra
The Traveler King

We are aware of the difficulties that something like this would involve, which is why I put the question to the experts here. The traditional methods are certainly a part of what we are looking into, but we are looking to acquire an active specimen for study. The issues of preternatural strength and the reputed ability to become a mist are what we are looking to overcome from a physical standpoint. We believe we have a workaround for dealing with the supposed mental powers, but the problem is making the solution man portable and giving it a sufficent power supply.

However, vampires aren't the main drive of our research at the moment, so we can afford to take our time working on it.
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

well... I know next to nothing about magic--or at least, not enough to be able to work any--but it seems to me some kind of modified circle of protection would be a good bet... if it can keep a vamp out, it can probably keep one in...

then again, that's not exactly man portable, is it? :oops:

also, though it's also lacking in portability, I'd think something involving the ever popular phobia of crossing running water might be useful...
Joseph Darkhold

I do know a fare amount about magic and I'm pretty sure I could come up with a containment device, but I have no desire to do so right now...
Lucas Priest

Post by Lucas Priest »

[quote="Ron Caliburn"][b][color=yellow]I don't like gel rounds - they have a tendancy to go splat on the outside rather than get through every time. That's why I use a solid silver penetrator.

That's why you use the DMSO. It absorbes whatever is suspended in it through the skin. Even through clothing scince the kinetics will pass the DMSO through the fabric by velocity.
The science of any sufficiently advanced society would appear as magic to those less developed...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yeah, but if your target doesn't have skin or has a layer of armour between you and its skin, the gel round is much more likely just to splat on the outside and not do anything useful.

Penetration is the best means of success.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Ron is - I suspect - a LAW expert, having much experience and success using the LAW.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Heh, no use of anti-tank weaponry in my past . . . at least not live rounds. I've fired a few sub-calibre trainers though.

I just beleive that if the round can't carry its payload to the target, it's not a useful round. Against most bad things, that means getting past the outer layer.

I don't liek overkill neither. Most of my work is in the downtown core. Using too much firepower is likely to attract the attention of the LEOs, who, while they like me, would certainly not hesitate to perform a takedown if I was found shooting up a building. Even worse, using too much firepower is liable to cause that wonderful euphemism - collateral damage.

I'm in this buisness to save lives, indiscriminate use of firepower is a direct contravention of that.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I was feeling punny.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Meh, I felt inspired to give a mini-PSA

Delta Sierra
PSC27

Post by PSC27 »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Unfortunately, whenyou're dealing with a thing that has eternal life (or unlife or whatever) escape isn't a possibility, it's an eventuality. The sooner you can be rid of it, the better.

Well, except for Twinkies and wine and the Gods and some other good things; I agree!
Johnny Hunter

Post by Johnny Hunter »

You only say that because you haven't met a cetain ensouled vampire who had a primetime time tv show.
You may not burn in Hell buddy, But I'll make sure you burn real nice before you get to whereever your going. Me
BraveSirRobin

Post by BraveSirRobin »

I really can't express how surprised I am that Debunker hasn't called the men in white labcoats on you yet...
I'm not dead yet.
Last Moon

Re: New ideas for fighting Vampires

Post by Last Moon »

Colloidal Silver is also very toxic to therians, though as Mr. Caliburn suggested delivery can be problematic.

Silver Halide has generally not been proven pure enough to effect therians, best to search for something else.
Last edited by Last Moon on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well against werecreatures there is at least a normal circulatory system, so I suppose it may be a bit easier to use injected and absorbed toxins. But still, that's an awfully slow way to go about it. Better to make things that are able to rip your throat out go down fast.

Delta Sierra
The_Unicorn

Post by The_Unicorn »

If you had to capture a vamp just shove stake through it's heart.
Then you prepare a magic container. Maybe a jar which uses a modified protection circle? Dump the vamp in, seal the jar, and then magic out the stake? Sounds like that might work, better just to kill the vamp, I've heard necromancers can control them but that's just a rumor. I haven't been able to confirm it.....
The following statement is true,
The above statement is false,
Welcome to the Universe.