Good Ol' Fashion Huntin' Party - Huntin' Buddies Needed.

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Ethan Skinner

Re: Good Ol' Fashion Huntin' Party - Huntin' Buddies Needed.

Post by Ethan Skinner »

I'd offer to help, but we've been having a strange bout with flulike symptoms, so I'm on call just about every other minute. At first I just thought it was the H1N1. Only, these guys "vanish." Sort of like the Vaporizing Flu.

Yeah, right. If that exists. I'm checking avenues.
The flesh is willing, and let's hope the spirit's strong.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Well I think that GS, this guy Joe, and I should be able handle this one. Good luck with that, err, "flu" thing. You should call it Houdini Flu. :mrgreen:
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ok....for those of you followin' our prgress up here, I did manage to get my ol' buddy GS to help me out, and that new guy Joe. Looks like I got a good team assembled, now lets go hunt us up some SupNat beastie critter.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Good luck and happy hunting.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

They should be ok. I hope :? . That thing has been hunting these parts for over 300 years that I know of. Well according to local legend anyway. Every winter it comes to hunt in the eastern woods, then come spring thaw it vanishes like the melting snow.

I have never actually encountered it, but I know people who have. Even the other SupNats that live around here will not enter into the eastern woods after dark; including myself.

They'll stop it though. Ben & Ghost are some of the best at what they do. I don't know much about Joe though, but he seems eager and capable enough I suppose. I wish Bert or KT were here though. Then I know that thing wouldn't stand a chance. :wink:
" Don't ever come between a wolf and her pups. Ever!!! "
Grace

Post by Grace »

You don't sound certain.

Like you think they need some backup.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Well this thing has been around for over 300 years. I am guessing its a pretty tough customer after all that time. But I have faith they'll succeed. I just hope it doesn't bit any of them.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Sounds like a fun little hunting trip. I hope they brought lotsa beer for afterwards. You know, male bonding and what not.
-Oscar Wilde.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

They'll be ok. I have plenty of cold ones for when they get back. Ben has actually been real good about not drinking around the kids, or when he is hunting, or when he is on duty now.
Getting back together with me really made him get himself together. He's even forgotten all about Celeste Darken. Its nothing personal, but she really screwed him up at a really bad point in his life. He's over that now and is all mine. :mrgreen:
Grace

Post by Grace »

Well, I know some guys would appreciate having some cold ones after a hunt. I guess that makes you a good woman for Benji.
-Oscar Wilde.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

They came in a little while ago then headed back out. I think that they are just looking for it now. I wonder if it knows they are out there looking for it. I hope not.

For the past few nights Ben's been all alone out there. So I'm glad Ghost and Joe are out there with him.

Its been a lonely few nights. Molly misses her Uncle Ben. Sam misses her daddy. I miss her daddy. :wink:
Grace

Post by Grace »

Yeah...

This really isn't the sort of work for a family man...
-Oscar Wilde.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Why the heck is this thread at the bottom of the page when it was at the top? :roll: Looks like we had a hacker last night boys & girls. :x

Well my password worked; I'll have to check Ben's next.

My account info is (brb) - ok my account info is still good.

Ok I'll be back later. I hate hackers :x

Grace

Post by Grace »

Not a hacker. Just a troll without any creativity, originality or worth as a sentient being.

Burn with fire and move on.
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ok, I'm back. Ben's password and account look good too. Doesn't seem to anyhing wrong. Thats good at least. Well if you had a post " up here ", its now probably " down there ".

Well I gotta run guys, Samantha is hungry and I have a bar to run. Bye for now but I'll be back later :wink: .
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

:sigh: I miss my Benji. Him and his hunting buddies working on stuff or off hunting for the past few days. I wish I could go with them, but " Sorry Kelly, its too dangerous. I don't want to see ya' get hurt. 'Sides you have to take care of Molly and Samantha. This will be over soon. Love ya'. Bye.

If he gets himself hurt again so help me I'll really show him the meaning of dangerous. :evil:
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Kelly,

Dad used to say the same sort of thing to Wie all the time. He has to say it to me sometimes too. When I go off to college he won't be able to tell me what I can and can't do anymore.

Hannah

PS: I heard Dad explain it to Wie once that he needed to know she was home safe to focus on what he was doing out there. It got Wie pretty mad - the idea that he didn't think she would be safe out there. Sometimes I think Wie forgot she was human again . . . sometimes I think Dad felt bad about having killed her when she was Celeste and didn't want to put her at risk again.
I will be who I chose to be.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Which university, Hannah?
Which degree?
Question everything.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Sebastian,

I don't know yet. A couple of places apparently scouted me while I was competing in state finals for archery though.

Hannah

PS: I hadn't really thought about what I want to study - it's al pretty neat and interesting to me. Only a few years ago the only career option open to me was as a housewife and mother . . . now I can be anything I choose.
I will be who I chose to be.
finder_fee

Post by finder_fee »

LOL

First of all, it's NOT boy, it's GIRL... G I R L.

Second of all, it hasn't been girl for some time now. And when someone uses the word in my general direction, I tend to check what time it is to see if school is out yet, and wheather I should be expecting the girl home soon.

Yeah, Kelly, doing things like this are not easy when you have a home life. It's why most of these guys either live as hermits or live as mercenaries. Easy to pack up and move to where you need to go, nothing to make you worry about at home when you leave... other than the cats....

Fi
Holister

Post by Holister »

Hannah wrote:Hi Sebastian,

I don't know yet. A couple of places apparently scouted me while I was competing in state finals for archery though.

Hannah

PS: I hadn't really thought about what I want to study - it's al pretty neat and interesting to me. Only a few years ago the only career option open to me was as a housewife and mother . . . now I can be anything I choose.

Hi there Hannah. Glad to hear you are doin' well and plan to go to college somewhere. I hear that Miskatonic Univeristy is a good scool; alot of course to choose from.

You could always become a LEO like myself. Maybe even a Cypress Cove deputy sheriff oneday. :wink:

finder_fee wrote:Yeah, Kelly, doing things like this are not easy when you have a home life. It's why most of these guys either live as hermits or live as mercenaries. Easy to pack up and move to where you need to go, nothing to make you worry about at home when you leave... other than the cats....

Hi there. You must be Joe's friend. Great guy there, and a helluva shot. About that hermits and mercenaries bit, for most of these yahoos that might be true, but a good number of us have families too. Me, KT (that would have been KonThaak to our newer members), Grewdawn has Soph, or and there's ol' Ronny Boy with his clan. So not all of us are held up in bunkers somewhere polishin' our rifles and waxin' our pistols. :mrgreen:

Well maybe Ron still. :P

Kelly wrote::sigh: I miss my Benji.

Stop callin' me that on the boards Kell. Its a lil' embarassin'. I got a rep to uphold round here.

Kelly wrote:If he gets himself hurt again so help me I'll really show him the meaning of dangerous. :evil:

EEEP! :? Ummmmmm? Yeah...about that?
Its ...um...only a scratch dear. ......Um...I love you.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Holister wrote:
Kelly wrote::sigh: I miss my Benji.

Stop callin' me that on the boards Kell. Its a lil' embarassin'. I got a rep to uphold round here.

I'd say you're doing just fine by yourself. :wink:
Question everything.
Holister

Post by Holister »

:lol:
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I tend to avoid my family, safer that way.

Miskatonic???

Just don't read any books aloud while your there Hannah.

No need to worry about Benji, Kelly. He got himself a bit of a scratch, but he'll do just fine.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

Thanks for comin' up here and watchin' my back man. I do owe you guys one. Maybe several, but who's countin'.
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

It was entirely not Ben's fault he got hurt. Its hard to run through that snow carrying a gun that large.

It ate one of my pistols, and nearly my arm holding it. You can keep that gun if you want to go get it.

I have to admit, Kelly is one hell of a cook.
Builder of what you need.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Im sure she'll appreciate hearin' that Joe. It was an honor workin' with you man. I have to admit when I saw you roll into town in that RV, I had my doubts. But after seein' ya' in the field, I am glad ya' on our side. :wink:

We gotta get together and do this again soon sometime.

PS: Thanks again for the .50 bullet press.
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

No problem on the press.

I have to fix that M1918, and bring it back to my friend, so I will around the northeast for a little bit still.
Builder of what you need.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I am looking forward to working with ya' again Joe. I'll be posting our the events surrounding the hunt down in War Stories a lil' later.
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

This tale has it all: a Native American legend, a bloodthirsty monster, and rugged men shooting stuff. This yarn has the makings of a Sy-Fy Channel movie.

Ethan, you should start a new thread about that outbreak.
I can't promise you that I will be good, but I do promise you that I will be good at it.

Coming soon! :10 Minutes After Midnight