Good Ol' Fashion Huntin' Party - Huntin' Buddies Needed.

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Holister

Good Ol' Fashion Huntin' Party - Huntin' Buddies Needed.

Post by Holister »

Greetin's from Maine

Hello once again my stalwart Lazlo compatriots. Ol Ben here with an open invite to some of my ol' hntin' buddies to come on up to Cypress Cove for a critter hunt. Seems like The Beast of Bay Cove Road has once again reared its bloddthirsty fanged self recently is once again stalkin' the eastern woods.

So if any of ya'll want to come on up for a bit. That'ld be great; steaks and beers on me.

Reminds me of the ol' days.

Anyhow, better pack some iron bullets for this one. They seem to be the only things that will hurt the dammed thing accordin' to the local legends. So best not to take any chances right guys.

Well lets see if we get any takers.

An yes Ronny boy; this invite is open to you as well. We never did figure out who the better hunter tween us was. :wink:
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
GhostSpider

Re: Good Ol' Fashion Huntin' Party - Huntin' Buddies Needed.

Post by GhostSpider »

Woohoo, free beer and steak!!!

You know I'm in. PM me with the when and where.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

You got it there GS ol' buddy. I will PM ya and we can get caught up.

Kelly and Molly say hi. Duke says :WOOF!:
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

This doesn't have anything to do with the autopsies I did last year, does it?
The flesh is willing, and let's hope the spirit's strong.
Holister

Post by Holister »

It might have. This thing seems to want to surface every year about this time. Locals say its a curse brought to this land from "The bearded one" a very long time ago.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

The Bearded One?

Santa?

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

One could only wish it were gonna be that jolly GS. Its what the native americans called the Norsemen that landed here in the region centuries ago.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Then we might need to look into Norse mythology to find a way to put this bad boy down. What do you know about this monster?

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

Big, mean, claws, teeth, and likes to kill. Deffinitely a predator. According to legend one must pierce the black heart of the beast with iron in order to slay it.

Cuttin' off its head may not be a bad idea either.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Beheading is always a good idea.

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

Usually does? I have a few sources who more about this beastie I would like to consult before we just go walkin' into this one.
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

How's Angell taking the Beast's return? He struck me as a bit of ah, pole-sitter if you catch my drift. Ten foot pole, right up the ol' alley.
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

I might be available. When?

I want to see if the little scanner works on beasties.

I have a bunch of rounds made up for someone else that are copper jacketed iron core in 30.06. Guy ordered them, then dissappeared 6 months ago and never paid.
Builder of what you need.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ethan Skinner wrote:How's Angell taking the Beast's return? He struck me as a bit of ah, pole-sitter if you catch my drift. Ten foot pole, right up the ol' alley.

Angel quit after four months so they tell me. That is why they were glad to have me back. :wink:

As for this beastie, I have only caught a glimpse of it once. Its big!
As far as I can tell from John Greywolf, he says that only a bullet or blade of pure iron can kill this creature, but even after the beast is dead, we have to cut out its heart and bury it in a place of " purest earth " what ever that means.

So I am thinkin' the more the merrier on this one guys. I know that I can on you GS ol' buddy. I don't know you from beans Mr. Smith, but everyone gots to meet everyone at some point. I will PM you the details tonight.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

What the hell is "purest earth"?

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

I needed to look that one up myself. It turns out any acre of land that has not been corrupted by man yet.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Got any of that locally, or are we going to have to ship this beastie air freight?

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

I live in northeastern Maine in the dammed middle of frackin' nowhere. That's all we have.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

It can't be that simple, or this beastie would have bought the farms ages ago.

WWVLD
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

Holister wrote:I needed to look that one up myself. It turns out any acre of land that has not been corrupted by man yet.

Having recently read Lord of the Rings, and remembering Clarity's potential to help and harm various investigations, just what is meant by "man"? Most of us simply think "mankind," but I've seen Clare do some pretty amazing stuff. And then, are some of the more, ah, "genetically colorful" posters here might not count as "man," male or female. If Ghost spider isn't a "man" per se, then is it wise for him to come at all? (No offense Ghost spider, just trying to be realistic.)

By the way, what is meant by "corrupted"? Built on, stepped on, looked at, licked? Considering all the people that might do just that, it'd be good to have some specifics.
Holister

Post by Holister »

"Specifics"? I was lucky to learn that much. As long as the ground this thing's heart is buried in an acre of land that has yet to be developed by man (I am fairly sure this is what they mean). I am more concerned about getting close enough to kill this thing.
finder_fee

Post by finder_fee »

Who do you have who can track it?

Fi
Holister

Post by Holister »

Um....good question. I am a half way desent tracker but no expert. I have no idea if GS can track....I honestly don't know. I figured it would be the largest thing with teeth tryin' to kill us.
finder_fee

Post by finder_fee »

If it's been there a while and nobody's seen it, it's probably not attacking large groups of armed men, and picking off straglers.

I wouldn't expect it to come walking up to you in the middle of the forest with a sign saying "hi I'm a man eating beast." Not when you have a small army hanging around obviously looking for it...

fi
Holister

Post by Holister »

Ya' tellin' me how to hunt down a critter boy? I've been at this awhile. I know what to look for, I know how to deal with these things. I am not however stupid enough to go after this monstrocity alone. That is why GS is comin' up to help me stop this thing.

If you want in, fine. If not, that's fine too. I just don't enjoy havin' some rookie tryin' to tell me how to do my job.

Holister

Post by Holister »

I saw the dam thing last night. I best expalin what happened....and I'm gonna need those .50 bullets.

I'm really gonna need the bullets.

Well, here we go.

I was respondin' to a call that came in last night about 7:30 of a disturbance out by the Clements farm outside of town. The call was made by Mrs Clements claimin' that she and her husband Kevin heard somethin' in their barn spookin' their animals. Then they heard what sounded like somethin' killin' their horses.

Of course Kevin bein' the codger that he is grabbed his shotgun, spit once, and went out to the barn to check things out. Mrs Clements stayed back in the house. She claims to have seen her husband enter into the barn, the a minute or so later she claim to have heard two shots, folowed by her husband screamin'.

She ran outside for a minute to she what happened only to see some large animal dart out the barn with what she claimed was half her husband, still movin', in its jaws.

She was hysterical over the phone as my deputy tried to get the rest of what she saw, seein' that she ran backinside to call us. That is when the phone went dead, no hang up....just silence.

I got there as fast as possible in this weather, but I was too late. When I got there, it was like walkin' into a slaughterhouse. There was blood everywhere. The dam thing busted through the back wall like it was made of tissue paper.

I called for backup and went after it. The trail was easy enough to follow. I tracked it for about 30 yards into the woods, then maybe another 50 or so upon enterin' those woods. Thats when I saw it.
I was huge...like a grizzly, but more canine. It had these long black fangs and claws. Its breath bellowed in the air like the exhaust of a truck. And it had no skin...like some psycho taxadermist put this thing together and didn't bother to finish the job.

I got maybe two shots off before this thing bolted off into the night. Before it did, it got a good look at me and I got a good look at it. Those eyes, like a snake' eyes. I am tellin' you this thing looked at me as though it was tryin' to tell it could tear me apart when ever it wanted but chose not to. I don't even think my 12 gauge hurt it.

I managed to get back to the farm. My backup was already there when I got back. I called into the rest of the boys, and some of the reserve guys. I had the forensics boys go over every inch of the crime scene. The coroner had a hell of a time scrapin' what was left of the Clements up. If he used a separate body bag for each piece he would have been there for a day & a half.

So now I have confirmed human casualties. GS, the sooner you can get up here the better. Hell at this point I will take any help i can get. I managed to get a bullet press for my .30-06, but no luck on the .50 just yet.

My official story to the public is that it was a dereanged bear that was lookin' for food. Its workin' so far. I have Kelly and the kids stayin' in town in her old apartment over The Brick. I've been workin' out of my cabin, tryin' to find this thing's lair. So far I have squat other than it hunts at night. In the middle of winter, that's alot of night.

Send help...ASAP.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I'm on my way man, just hang on to your butt.

WWVLD
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

I can be there tomorrow with the 30-06 rounds, a M1918 BAR, and a .50 bullet press if you need some help. Jan-March is usually pretty dead for me.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Thanks alot guys. I deffinitely appreciate the help. Joe, I know your new round here, so I look foward to workin' with ya'. An thanks for the bullet press in advance, cause we are gonna need them .50's with this beastie.

Tonight it ate a cow. A whole friggin' cow.
Joe Smith

Post by Joe Smith »

I hate to see where it goes to the bathroom. I got the 'bago fueled up and will be leaving in a bit. I have to get some cat food for the cats before I leave.

You are about 7-8 hours away, and I will be stopping at a friends in upstate NY to borrow a weapon or two. No way would I bring a gun over the boarder.

PM me someplace we can meet up, and I will probably be there sometime around 9ish.