Shadow People; who is shadowing them?

Come here to discuss the myriad of beliefs, customs and philosophies that exist in our megaverse.
Shang Li

Re: Shadow People; who is shadowing them?

Post by Shang Li »

I remember the shadows from the capitol. My blades were unable to bite them, when even unbodied spirits have cause to respect their edges.

The blessed radiance of Amaterasu's gaze destroys them even more swiftly than a Kyuuketsuki.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Yes, you may have an update. I know how you've missed me.

It appears that in some cases, one may feel justified in being scared by ones own shadow. I am referring to the Grey Man of Ben MacDhui. ImageThis phantasm stalks the foggy mountain of Ben MacDhui in Scotland. It is often heard by its footsteps on the gravelly rocks while stalking hikers. More rarely, it is seen. It only manifests when the fog is just right, when a thick fog is just beginning to thin. It takes the figure of a shadowy human but impossibly tall, about ten meters with exaggerated legs.Image

Here is the grey man's trick. It is actually a Brocken Spectre. ImageThat means it is the hiker's own shadow being cast onto the fog. Link!

Well, this does very well explain some of the Shadow People sightings, doesn't it?
I can't promise you that I will be good, but I do promise you that I will be good at it.

Coming soon! :10 Minutes After Midnight
Gotham Witch

Post by Gotham Witch »

Many of them perhaps.

Equally likely, some of them not.
"God have mercy on a man, who doubts what he's sure of." - Bruce Springsteen
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Seems to be a lot of shadowy activity going on right now.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Raven - that is precisely why folks like myself need to be careful before we open up. That long-limbed freak emerging from the shadows might just turn out ot be the captain of the high school basketball team.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Another Shadow Person sighting occurred in a recent episode of Jim Harold's Campfire. It's the first story of the episode about five minutes into the program. Link! Jim has started the habit of charging for his shows after the first ninety days, so grab it quickly.
I can't promise you that I will be good, but I do promise you that I will be good at it.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

You've got to be careful when you see Dark Things. If they notice you looking, they'll become interested in you. And once that happens, they become oddly persistant. It's like they crave attention.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Those that know me know I don't care much for what my father had to say, but sometimes there was some wisdom.

During his sermons he loved to say that 'the deeper you peer into the darkness, the deeper it gets to peer back.'

Delta Sierra
Grace

Post by Grace »

You ever wonder if the darkness is looking at you, when you ain't looking at it?

Just wondering.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Tms3

Post by Tms3 »

All the time grace all the time
We who stand between the flame and the shadow
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Here is another story, called When Shadow People Attack.
If taken at face value, this account confirms that the Hat Men are a distinct category of Shadow Creatures from the common Shadow Men. Furthermore, this account suggests a chain of command among their kind.

Link it like you just don't care.

Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

It's just worse when they are organized.

On the plus side organization gives potential weak points to attack.

Delta Sierra
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

Perhaps, once my studies of the Therians are finished and all know of their existence, I'll turn my attention to these so-called Shadow People.