Shadow People; who is shadowing them?

Come here to discuss the myriad of beliefs, customs and philosophies that exist in our megaverse.
RAVEN

Shadow People; who is shadowing them?

Post by RAVEN »

At the After Midnight News Agency, we have recently been receiving more and more inquiries about Shadow People. They certainly seem to be trendy monsters. Poor Nessie and Big Foot must be feeling snubbed now that they have been moved off the front pages by the cool kids, Shadow and Chupacabra.

Anyway, Julie is working on a series of articles about these hue-deprived abnormals. Would anyone here like to volunteer some photos, information, or -- dare I say the L-word -- leads?
I can't promise you that I will be good, but I do promise you that I will be good at it.

Coming soon! :10 Minutes After Midnight
Ron Caliburn

Re: Shadow People; who is shadowing them?

Post by Ron Caliburn »

There were some shadowy things described here a few years back. I think Bert the Turtle was involved.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Raven,

My dad, being lazy, didn't try to look up this stuff, but here's some threads on this board that might interest you.

Makeovers, makeup and animal testing

Attacked by Voice

Shadows and dust in D.C.

I hope that helps.

Hannah

PS: Don't forget to bring a high powered flashlight if you go looking.
I will be who I chose to be.
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Yes, these might help. Thank you, my dear.
I can't promise you that I will be good, but I do promise you that I will be good at it.

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hello Raven,

You're very welcome.

Hannah

PS: Why do you think there's a lot of talk about shadow things?
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

You see child, I think that Shadow People are the bleeding edge trend. A generation ago, people were seeing very physical things; flying saucers, Big Feet, and Nessie. Witnesses today don't want to be tied down by inconveniences like studying DNA evidence or collecting foot molds. Witnesses these days like their monsters with a little metaphysical flare, something that can't be studied because it isn't entirely there. Darkness isn't a thing at all: it is the absence of a thing. An anti-social monster made of darkness is the perfect abomination for today's high speed, wireless, multitasking, emo in-crowd.

The four-legged variety from the first story referenced must have been a Shadow Poodle.

I did find an interesting story here also. In the middle of this show, a very interesting story was told about an encounter with a shadow person during an investigation. I am hoping to get this investigator to give us an exclusive interview.

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Raven,

Any luck finding these shadow people?

Hannah

PS: Why can we have something be trendy that isn't dangerous . . . like rabbits. Rabbits would be nice.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Uuurgh! Do not get me started on Shadows. I had enough of shadow anything to last a life time when I was down in DC a few years back. Dam shadow hounds chased me all over the friggin' place. This was back when Cee was still alive and that dammed Shadow Builder thing was after us.

I really, really hate shadows. I have a postin' bout it in War Stories I think. I hope its still there.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Hannah wrote:
PS: Why can we have something be trendy that isn't dangerous . . . like rabbits. Rabbits would be nice.

You ever see Watership Down?
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Let me tell ya'. I own rabbits. They may look cute and cuddley, but they will tear ya' head off at the neck if ya' let em.

RIP - Goliath T. Rabbit (October 2009). I'll miss ya' my lil' buddy. :(
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Grace

Post by Grace »

And you know, Bugs was a bit of a jerk at time. Or at least a little stinker.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

They are also great SupNat detectors. You place a bunny in a room, and SupNat comes within 100 yards, it will know and start stompin' like crazy to warn everyone.

One of the reason I keep rabbits along with ol' Duke.

Can't stand cats and horses are just to big.
Grace

Post by Grace »

I've been thinking about getting a cat.
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

To each their own. Now, to get this thread back on track. How about these shadows? Could there possibly be more of them appearin' around the world, or have they always been there and we have not noticed them until now.

Grace

Post by Grace »

All I want to know is what kind of ammunition to use.
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Lights, strong, very strong lights. And flashbangs if you got them. Trust me when I say this. I have encountered these things before.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Thanks Benji!

I'll be sure to add a flashlight to my arsenal.
-Oscar Wilde.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I am dam serious Nem, do not underestimate these things. They are ruthless, persistant, and dam near unbeatable. If it wasn't for Bert's city wide stashes and Cee's help that night I would have been kibble for a bunch of shadow hounds.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Okay. I'll make sure it's a really BIG flashlight.

:D

But seriously, message recieved and understood.
I wonder how many people will wonder what may have been said between the lines?
-Oscar Wilde.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Nemesis wrote:I wonder how many people will wonder what may have been said between the lines?

I have an idea.
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Grace

Post by Grace »

By all means, share with the rest of the class.
-Oscar Wilde.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

I don't know if Ben mentioned the shadows we have here in town. Only a few of us know about them. Even less can see them. They look like slithering snakes out of the corner of one's eye. Sometimes that latch onto a person's shadow. After that they seem to change, to act different.

John Greywolf says that they are restless dark souls that want to torment that which have are not; the living. They seek out corrupt, tortured, or hollow souls and infect them like a parasite.

Man those things give me the creeps.
" Don't ever come between a wolf and her pups. Ever!!! "
Grace

Post by Grace »

Yeah...

Give me the monsters with big gnahsy claws and sharp pointed teeth. At least I can usually deal with those types.
-Oscar Wilde.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Nemesis wrote:Yeah...

Give me the monsters with big gnahsy claws and sharp pointed teeth. At least I can usually deal with those types.

I'm a monster with big gnashy claws and sharp pointed teeth. But I don't think you could handle me. :twisted:

Speaking of which, I will be going out tonight for a little while. I have given Molly permission to use the site this evening if she gets bored with her Fraggle Rock DVD. So try and beave yourselves tonight boys, at leat until she goes to bed at 9.

Thanks. :wink:

Grace

Post by Grace »

Kelly wrote:
I'm a monster with big gnashy claws and sharp pointed teeth. But I don't think you could handle me. :twisted:

While I intend no offense, I've handled were-wolves before. dym used a pack of them to interfere with Shadowstalker and some others from rescuing his latest voice box. With proper shot placement, they went down just as easily as anything else I've shot.

Unless you were suggesting I could not handle you in other capacities. In which case I will simply demure that it is a good thing we have Benji to take care of that, Oui?

Kelly wrote:Speaking of which, I will be going out tonight for a little while. I have given Molly permission to use the site this evening if she gets bored with her Fraggle Rock DVD. So try and beave yourselves tonight boys, at leat until she goes to bed at 9.

Thanks. :wink:

I can't promise to be good but I can promise to try to be good.
-Oscar Wilde.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Raven, I've had my own experiences with shadow creatures over the years, first with a similar incident to what Sakura has been experiencing, as well as other cases and situations. I have had shadow people appear to me day or night, near and far, usually watching me while I work or the like. They rarely move, never blink, and never disturb me usually, but they watch in silence, and are usually ephermal in nature.

Most often I notice them out of the corner of my eye, or by feeling the presence of them, though at first I don't often see them. A little concentration and usually they can be seen, at least by myself and other psychics. Usually they are bi-pedal in form, but not quite the same proportions as a human being with nailed fingers and oval shaped eyes that are larger than normal, but not to the extent of looking like a Roswell Grey Non-Earth Origin or NEO.

They used to frequent my home and hometown where I was living for some time, however, I have managed to inspire caution in them, perhaps fear. I've attacked more than one, and I must say their minds are much like their appearance, shadowy and hard to capture, but they can be hurt it seems by some psionic attacks. Light seemed not to bother some of these creatures, but a bolt of psi energy does, however, it was rare to see one on broad daylight, so bright light may be effective against these creatures.

They are sentient, or self-aware, and possess arguable intelligence but their mind is truly different from yours or mine. I've never sucessfully read one's thoughts other than vague concepts or impressions, and virtually no emotion comes from these creatures. Always there is a sense of eerie watching or watchfulness about them.

If they are watching, I want to know why they watch, and for whom do they watch. It seems in the few attacks I have launched after much patience in the past, they have kept their distance, until now they show their presence almost never. Lately though I have been catching glimpses of them again out of the corner of my eye, but as soon as I look they are gone. I have even felt their energy brush up against my defenses recently, so I wonder if their agenda is somehow progressing.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Hello

I see shadows alot and I do not like them. They look like big black snakes with mean faces. Sometimes I can hear them talking to people. They do not like me either. Good. They do not like my uncle Ben either. He is tough and brave and he scares them good.

Thank You
Molly
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

I can't promise to be good, but I do promise that I will be good at it. Hmm, I think I will add that to my signature line.

Thank you all three for your input. It would seem that there are at least three species or breeds of shadowy-things then. There are the two legged, four legged, and no little, squirmy no-legged types. I will pass this information along to Julie whom I sure will be able to use it in her next expose.

Hannah

Post by Hannah »

How is it coming Raven?
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

A new version of After Midnight is ready for the printer. It turned out that a few more legal loopholes needed to be closed first. It concerns trademarks and such. Julie's research is on hold while she resolves this matter for us. I hope to release something sometime this summer. Thank you for asking.