The Universe and everything.

Come here to discuss the myriad of beliefs, customs and philosophies that exist in our megaverse.
Grace

The Universe and everything.

Post by Grace »

I was incredibly bored and wound up watching a documentry on Stephen Hawking. Naturually they also covered a lot of physics, all put into laymans terms.

What I took from it is that all that we percieve in this 3-D world is little more than debris sticking to the true fabric of the universe, like so much mildew on a shower curtain. The commentator also said something about the current theories allowing for the existence of other 3-D worlds, also cling to these super-dimensions.

Worlds with Worlds indeed.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Lord Shakar

Re: The Universe and everything.

Post by Lord Shakar »

Interesting concept as I have found upon occasion during my Astral walks a few of the domains that could very well be thought of as a separate world within the Astral Planes.
Walking between the Shadows, you come to expect the unexpected.
From the Shadows comes Life or Death.
Deacon Ash-Shaytan

Post by Deacon Ash-Shaytan »

Alternate dimensions, string theory, and more. "Mildew on a shower curtain" huh? I remember watching a similar program several years ago. Very interesting, if very off.
Someone has to man the "reality check station" around here, and it might as well be me.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Mr. Ash-Shaytan!

Long time no see. How've you been, anyway? :D

Also, I didn't know you'd managed to debunk super-string theory, when did that happen? :P

I was always very bad at math and not up on physics beyond ballistic flight paths so clearly this isn't my area of expertise.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Deacon Ash-Shaytan

Post by Deacon Ash-Shaytan »

Good to be back, though afraid it isn't for long. About a weekend is all I got, and I won't be able to spend it posting on all my colossal-waste-of-time-travels to tell you all about it. Just wanted to check to see that my favorite bunch of loonies are still thumping. Company's got me globe trotting for stories of your like all over the place and all I have to show for it are some Cuban cigars.

Not that I'm complaining about the cubes, mind ya.

It's actually a win-win, or no-win sitch, depending on how you view bunking and debunking. If they can't get the "prove" into the equation, I can't spank a big, red "DIS" in front of it. Not that disproving scientific jargon is my job, but I try to keep abreast of it as often as I can.

Nah, my job is hunting a bunch of wild goose tails. Literally. A client of ours insists he's found an "immortal goose," one that consistently lays eggs like the one that laid this. http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/14159/

:roll:

So, don't plan on hearing from me. I leave for an undisclosed place on Tuesday. I'll get back to y'all when I can. Just wanted to say "chello" and all that.

Easter's going to drag on a little longer for me, I'm afraid.
Someone has to man the "reality check station" around here, and it might as well be me.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Wow.

Talk about your wild goose chases.

:lol:
-Oscar Wilde.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Much of what we precieve the universe to be is simply left over debris from creation.

It is our perception, not creation that is imperfect.

Still, super-string theory comes closer than any other theory I have seen in this world.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."