Yuma Territorial Prison

A place to seek help, or to offer services, dealing with the paranormal.
Mr. X

Yuma Territorial Prison

Post by Mr. X »

Strange News- Yuma Daily Sun

February 9th, 2009

Yuma- An employee of the Yuma Territorial Prison has anonymously reported seeing and hearing things on the job. Among the "normal" noises and sights of spectral beings the employee has, on more than one occasion, seen a "homeless looking" Native American man and other times what looks like a "dog-like" creature skulking around "the dark cell". The dark cell as we all know is the holding cell where they put the worst criminals in the 1800's. This reporter thinks that the state park might be trying to drum up more business in this slow economy.
Eilonwy Solstice

I thought . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

I thought that’s what Yuma’s “purpose” was for?
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Dr. Tomorrow

Re: Yuma Territorial Prison

Post by Dr. Tomorrow »

Sounds like a werewolf. Probably looking for the ghost of Tom Jeffords' map.
Eilonwy Solstice

Please consider more than one possibility . . . and welcome

Now wait a minute, Doctor Tomorrow; how can you be so certain? Are you there at Yuma, now? Situations like this are far too complicated to slap on a simple guess like that. But please don’t take my words as though I’m discounting your theory, though. I just feel it’s too early to consider it one way or the other. There’s the marine shooting to consider, too. Are they related at all?

Oh, and welcome to Lazlo, Mr. X. Welcome, Dr. Tomorrow.
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

There are many things that it could be but without close investigation its impossible to narrow it down as of yet. Assuming its a werewolf at this stage is too large of a jump in logic. Right now its a dog-thing as well as a sighting of some sort of Native American spirit looking thing. And there are just as many possibilities for the answer to both that without further evidence and investigation we can't answer conclusively at this time.
Walking between the Shadows, you come to expect the unexpected.
From the Shadows comes Life or Death.
InTheDark

Post by InTheDark »

Wearwolfs are a possability, but I'd probably assume, from the location described and the events, that it's one of the lost shaman spirits. After all the massacares and deaths of their followers there isn't much power left for them which is why they appear so insubstantial.
Worlds without end...
Deacon Ash-Shaytan

Post by Deacon Ash-Shaytan »

InTheDark wrote:Wearwolfs are a possability, but I'd probably assume, from the location described and the events, that it's one of the lost shaman spirits. After all the massacares and deaths of their followers there isn't much power left for them which is why they appear so insubstantial.
I've heard of a lot of crazy theories, but this one sir, takes the biscuit and butters it, too. It's likely just as Mr. X said: a bored employee crying wolf to get more green.
Someone has to man the "reality check station" around here, and it might as well be me.
Heather Dawes

Post by Heather Dawes »

When you don't really have facts to go with, saying its a were wolf makes just about as much sense as a dog spirit or whatever.
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

Heather Dawes wrote:When you don't really have facts to go with, saying its a were wolf makes just about as much sense as a dog spirit or whatever.

Exactly, why without more information nothing can be confirmed. Though it is an interesting story.
Dr. Tomorrow

Post by Dr. Tomorrow »

What makes you think I haven't investigated?
I dare say, it was a good thing I did.

... even if it did nearly cost me my life!
Eilonwy Solstice

Well, it was a good thing I asked . . .

Well, it was a good thing I asked you about that, isn’t it sir? Will we be getting an update on the situation soon, or are there reasons like operation security and thoughts to be gathered and ordered, first?
Dr. Tomorrow

Post by Dr. Tomorrow »

Since you requested an update, I shall provide one.

As I suspected, the creature sighted at the Yuma Territorial Prison was a werewolf (all the omens had been pointing in that direction). Although that is not to say there are no ghostly apparitions inhabiting the location. Indeed, it was through the intercession of one such entity that I was able to discover what the beast was after.

Utilizing certain talents in a race across the state of Arizona, I was able to beat the creature to it's prize. A battle ensued, from which I am still recovering, but with the help of an ally --who must remain nameless because of certain legal considerations-- and the artifact which appeared to be the object of the lycanthrope's hunt, the foul beast was overcome.

I have not yet completed a thorough study of the materials I recovered as a result of this investigation. But there are two things I do know:

1. There is an impending conflict brewing among the lycanthropes
    2. The lost resting place of the Apache chief, Cochise!
Mr. X

Post by Mr. X »

I believe the conflict brewing isn't just among the Lycanthropes, but something bigger. The Werewolves might just be pawns. I will send info when I get it.

I would like to arrange a meeting soon Dr. Tomorrow. I've been observing you and your colleagues for a while. I will let you know the time and place.
Heather Dawes

Post by Heather Dawes »

Ho boy, I think I like the story when it didn't have people 'investigating' making it more complicated. :roll:
Malakai

Post by Malakai »

Oh Heather, you are still alive? Sorry to hear that.
Are you prepared to dance with the devil in the pale moonlight? :twisted:
солдат дьявола
Lord Shakar

Post by Lord Shakar »

Interesting turn of events.
Dr. Tomorrow

Post by Dr. Tomorrow »

Mr. X wrote:I believe the conflict brewing isn't just among the Lycanthropes, but something bigger. The Werewolves might just be pawns. I will send info when I get it.

I would like to arrange a meeting soon Dr. Tomorrow. I've been observing you and your colleagues for a while. I will let you know the time and place.

I am quite interested to hear what you have to say, Mr. X, however a meeting may be complicated by outside factors. as I cannot be certain of the extent to which my activities may be being monitored.

If you have indeed noticed my recent exploits --and the unfortunate ramifications they have had-- I trust you will understand the precariousness of my situation. Arrangements will need to be made with the utmost discretion.
Heather Dawes

Post by Heather Dawes »

Malakai wrote:Oh Heather, you are still alive? Sorry to hear that.

Its childish comments like that that encourage me to want to see the Society fall down and go away. Obviously its not what it was meant to be.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Please remember Heather, that Malakai is a little troll who in no way speaks for the Society here.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Deacon Ash-Shaytan

Post by Deacon Ash-Shaytan »

Shadowstalker wrote:Please remember Heather, that Malakai is a little troll who in no way speaks for the Society here.
No, but it seems to be a growing pattern by more than a few. Keep those articles coming, Heather. I'm enjoying them.

Hey X, what type of monitoring? Papparazzi type, people following with cameras? Or "worse"?
Someone has to man the "reality check station" around here, and it might as well be me.
Last Moon

Post by Last Moon »

Has there been any follow up with this situation?
Grace

Post by Grace »

There's no way to know. Lots of posters come and go, never to be heard from again. Their fates and stories unknown to the rest of us.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.

Return to “Classifieds”