Altering brain chemistry to open doors?

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Nikos Ironclaw

Altering brain chemistry to open doors?

Post by Nikos Ironclaw »

Greeting friends, and peers.

I need your input on a theory I have been toying with for sometime. I recently started investigating a haunting in an old house near Mt. Tabor. The house is a recent haunt and I suspect some ritual may have been performed there on the winter equinox. The house is vacant and it appears to be a local hideaway for junkies and the local kids to drink.

A contact I know at the Sheriffs Office told me that drug paraphernalia recovered at the scene-contained residue of some obscure European plant and LSD. I also found a lot of American Indian pictograms painted in UV ink on the walls. They luminescence under a black light. The pictograms don't match anything in any of my texts.

Has anyone here ever heard of using psychotropic drugs to induce hallucinations during a ritual? If so what are the ramifications? Can hallucinations manifest?
Brother Hotep

Post by Brother Hotep »

um.. You do realize that hallucinogens are used in 99% of native american rituals?

as for what it means, you'd have to sketch it out.

but from the sounds of it, you either got some crazy kids, or an Old one(tm) possessing someone who played around there.
" I wanna live, I wanna Love, It's a long hard road out of hell. I want to Live Forever, Forever will always Be... "
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

There's a long history of the use of mind altering chemicals during magic rituals of all kinds.

Which just gives the average skeptic anothe piece of ammunition.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Contact_21

Post by Contact_21 »

Drugs and the supernatural. Yeah, I've seen it. But I also know the Conspiracy uses drugs to fake supernatural events to discredit witnesses to actual supernatural events. It's a hall of mirrors out there.

And like someone once said, "Stay away from drugs." To which I'll add, ritual or no ritual.

Contact_21
Lazlo Agent
Celeste Darken

It’s been said that certain plants can . . .

Post by Celeste Darken »

It’s been said that certain plants, when properly used and applied, does bring about such things. Victor Lazlo himself has been known to have used such methods. While it’s true he never solidly affirmed the case as being genuine, he never closed his mind to the possibility, either.
Death isn’t a state of nothingness. It’s a journey. What path are you forging?
Hannah

Re: Altering brain chemistry to open doors?

Post by Hannah »

Well there are a number of botanical connections with the Fey and Fey Magics. Modern scientists have found that a number of these plants have medicinal, narcotic or hallucinogenic properties.

I'm not sure if this is a chicken/egg sort of situation, but the connection is very interesting.

Hannah
I will be who I chose to be.
Kermode

Post by Kermode »

My experiences with my gifts and with traditional medicinal herbs used by the elders have been remarkably similar.
Last edited by Kermode on Tue May 23, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

I wonder how much is the plant and how much it is power imbued into by the practitioner.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing
Kermode

Post by Kermode »

Well, if plants have spirits or souls (sorry vegans) then consuming them in a ritualistic fashion may result in some of that spirit or soul intermingling with ours briefly.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hello Kermode,

there is very much an essence in plants based on my experience. In most plants it is fairly primitive, but some are quite complex and developed. Co-incidentally, those are the ones from which the most potent magics can be drawn.

HK
I will be who I chose to be.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

It would be interesting to see a list of different plants and their effectiveness for use in different rituals. From as many different traditions as are available.
Hi! I'm Cynthia and I am my mother's daughter.
Defunct the strings
Of cemetary things
With one flat foot
On the devil's wing

Return to “Agency Voice”