A Hunting We Will Go...

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Diemos

A Hunting We Will Go...

Post by Diemos »

Ahh, Seatle, Wa. Very nice this time of year. A place with this much rainfall you would think there wouldn't be any vampires. Well, there aren't now. Just finished burning two to ashes after staking them out in the sun. One of the bloodsucking bastards was posing as a guard at the local blood bank. The other was trying to maintain a job at a Starbuck's working graveyard. Well, guess both places will be looking for replacements of those employees.

Hunting them down was difficult, but finally figured out a method to hunt down those monsters that try and pass off as human. Had one of my assistants get close enough to get a cell sample, hell, even most humans don't notice if you do a skin scraping for a few cells to run a DNA check. For vampires, its more difficult, their DNA isn't fundementally changed, its still human, mostly. So you just expose it to a little UV, if it bursts into flame, Ta Dah, VAMPIRE.

Caught another shapeshifter up here, this one was a wererat if you can believe that. Guess he worked as a sanitation engineer. Worked being the key word.

I have also perfected a shotgun shell that is effective against a wide variety of nasty shits. It has wood, cold iron and silver shot, soaked in holy water, blessed by a priest. I normally alternate these with a phosphorus round so you can burn the target after hitting it. Not recommended when you may be facing collateral damage. Working on a regular shell, been able to get the silver and cold iron, but he wood shells are still a bit of trouble. Plus ironwood is getting harder to get ahold of. Have discovered though, vampires really don't like to get shot with hollowpoints with holy water covered in wax, or lycanthropes with silver nitrate.

Taking a key from some movies, our R&D has developed a multi-spectrum mace. Wolvesbane, garlic, holy water combo. Very nasty, but available for those hunters that are not going to coddle the fucking animals that are threatening our way of life.
To error is human, perhaps its time to try and forgive
GhostSpider

Re: A Hunting We Will Go...

Post by GhostSpider »

You sound like quite the fanatic Diemos.

The vamps, good job. The wererat, was it actually hurting people?
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

An aerosol of colloidal silver has proven an effective deterent to both foes, although there is a chance of the opponent deciding that reaching you is still worth the effects. The effects appear much like those of mustard gas exposure, but the damage heals much to quickly to result in full incapacitation.

Perhaps a canister of colloidal silver being burst by a small charge could work as an area denial device by producing the same sort of aerosol effect that they use for the larger thermobaric devices? Of course there would be no detonation, but I imagine they would find the mist to be most inconvenient.
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Shôja hitsumetsu é-sha-jori
Diemos

Post by Diemos »

quote="GhostSpider"]You sound like quite the fanatic Diemos.

The vamps, good job. The wererat, was it actually hurting people?
[/quote]

I am sorry if I sound like a fanatic, but I was taught that mankind was at the top of the food chain in the natural world. Therefore anything that tries to pass as human or feed on humans is a threat and therefore should be elimanted. As for the wererat, it wasn't human, so who is going to mourn it.

If some damn monster has some human DNA big deal. Its a threat to humanity and needs to be wiped out. We checked some psychics DNA, it seems to match a pretty baseline human, with a few mutations. Not that far from the norm. Otherwise we would have to extend our definition of what is non-human. So no worries there for most of the board, not like we are hunting you guys.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Make sure it's a threat rather than a peacefull bystander, and we will get along fine. Kill the innocent along with the guilty and you become as much a monster as you claim the things you hunt are.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Was it hurting anyone?

WWVLD
Diemos

Post by Diemos »

Heather Dawes wrote:Sounds like he's already finding justifications for blowing people away, or other creative ways to justify his paranoia.

Miss Dawes, if you would like, I can send you copies of the DNA readouts and show you that what was killed wasn't human. It may have had some DNA in common with humans but it wasn't human. Not saying it was a monster since you claim that such things don't exist, but it wasn't a person per say any more than a chimpanzee is a person.

GhostSpider and Shang, should I let these things kill someone first before I kill them? I believe we should treat it like a disease, destroy it before it can infect others and become fatal.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Deimos, by the same logic I should be running around killing everone I see, treating ignorance and hate "like a disease, destroying it before it can infect others and become fatal".

Your hatred and ignorance will soon lead you to to a place from which the only escape is death.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Deimos... I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but I'd like to reiterate Li-sensei's words. There are some out there who didn't ask to become what they are, and they're trying to live out a normal life. So far as I know to date, there are two werecreatures on this board doing just that. If you threatened to go after either of them, a number of us would turn on you. Why?

Because some of us want to know, somewhere deep down, we are different from the Nazis.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Logan

Post by Logan »

Just keep it in the shadows. Too much collateral damage, too much publicity, and people become asked to step in to re-assert the public's feeling of general safety. Stay in the shadows, don't leave forensic evidence, and you will be swept under the rug. Force law enforcement to come down on you, and you will make a convenient scapegoat for the crimes of your targets, showing the public that "the case got closed".
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Interesting hardware. Like you said, not fore use when there's any chance of collatoral damage - which is where I do 9/10th's of my work.

I'm consistently surprised by those saying they've had results with silver nitrate as chemically, silver nitrate isn't silver, it's a chemical compound.

I did some expermenting with UV lights a while back, never had an success - lights are bulky and fragile and just don't seem to do anything.

Colloidal Silver Kei? Maybe if I had the sort of budget you seem to I might be able to do something like that. As it is, each sliver of silver has to be used to it's maximum potential. That's part of why I use exposed silver core rounds and try to police up any leftovers at the end of each fight.

I have done some work with modifed CS and OC delivery systems using holy water, garlic oil and other plant essences.

As for the pre-emptive approach . . . if you spot a scorpian in the sandbox at a school playground, do you really take the time to talk to it and ask it if it's a nice guy or not or do you deal with the potential threat?
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

A scorpion can't talk back...though some of us still might try to capture it alive and release it somewhere it's less likely to do harm. Not all of us instinctively hate a creature purely on its capacity to do damage.
Diemos

Post by Diemos »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Interesting hardware. Like you said, not fore use when there's any chance of collatoral damage - which is where I do 9/10th's of my work.

I'm consistently surprised by those saying they've had results with silver nitrate as chemically, silver nitrate isn't silver, it's a chemical compound.

I did some expermenting with UV lights a while back, never had an success - lights are bulky and fragile and just don't seem to do anything.

Colloidal Silver Kei? Maybe if I had the sort of budget you seem to I might be able to do something like that. As it is, each sliver of silver has to be used to it's maximum potential. That's part of why I use exposed silver core rounds and try to police up any leftovers at the end of each fight.

I have done some work with modifed CS and OC delivery systems using holy water, garlic oil and other plant essences.

As for the pre-emptive approach . . . if you spot a scorpian in the sandbox at a school playground, do you really take the time to talk to it and ask it if it's a nice guy or not or do you deal with the potential threat?

Thanks for the back up Ron. I talked to R&D, they said it was silver nitrate to just make it easier for us, kind of dumbing it down for the non-researchers. What it apparently is, you take silver, mix with a acid compound of some kind, makes it kind of a liquid silver, injects into the blood stream, still experimental, but seems to work.

As for the UV, haven't made any real weapons with that yet, use it as a verifying element to make sure the target is a bloodsucker, and has to be higher intensity than normal, would give a normal person a sun burn in seconds.

Totally agree about the preemptive strike. Do you wait to see if the rabid dog will bite someone or do you put it down, fast and painless?
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

A rabid dog cannot be made to live comfortably for the remainder of its days. Neither can a rabid human. They get sick, they get delirious, they die. During their delirium, they can hurt others and infect them.

There is evidence to support that *OCCASIONALLY* (I will admit, this is very much the exception rather than the rule), a were-creature is something different. I look at the two here on the boards, and see exceptions to the rule. If it bothers you that much, look around. If you're not finding a wake of mysterious deaths in the area or an outbreak of illnesses, then it really isn't harming anyone. These are both things that're easy enough to check up on. If it *still* bothers you that much, follow the thing around on the night of a full moon. Does it go out hunting, or does it lock itself away?

I'm sorry. I don't mean to question or second-guess Ron--lord knows, he hasn't really seen any benevolent were-creatures in his neck of the woods. He has plenty of evidence to suggest the ones he hunts are very much the rule rather than the suggestion. But if you only find a were-creature by chance, and have seen no evidence of there being one around otherwise, then chances are, it's better to put out feelers than bullets.

I don't speak for everyone, and maybe I'm biased because I can protect myself from them better than some, but...that's my gut feeling, having met two were-creatures who I have never had any cause to doubt.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Colloidal silver is both cheap and easy to make.
All it takes is to place a plate of silver in some pure water, (At least 99.9% pure for both) and apply a DC current, negative lead on the silver, positive in the water. Keep applying between 9-12 volts DC at 250 amps untill you see discoloration of the water (this indicates that you have enough silver in the water that it is starting to electroplate the bare contact) Congratulations, you have 25-50 PPM of microscopic (colloidal) silver particles (each at a 99.9999% purity) suspended (not disolved) in your water.

Cautionary Note: In laboratory experiments, colloidal silver functioned exceptionally well at causing skin, eye, and resporitory irritation to vulnerable species. Also note, that the amount of irritation appears to be quite painfull, and unless the subject is nutralized through more conventional means, the effect enrages the subject a great deal.
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Shôja hitsumetsu é-sha-jori
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

and how much is splasshed around the target instead of applied to it?

Delta Sierra
Grace

Post by Grace »

You're quite the crusader, Diemos.

Happy hunting.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Diemos

Post by Diemos »

Why thank you Nemisis. By the way, your prices seem reasonable. We may be in contact. There is a small town in Washington that is under investigation. A strike team was sent there and not heard back from. It couldn't be just simple communications failure, since they could use land lines to contact us as well as radio or cell phone. Do you give discounts for assisted extermination or mass exterminations? Plus we want to make sure if you are hired, you will make sure that [b][i][u]NO[b][i][u] humans will be hurt in the process. Absolutely none, we are protecting the human species, not trying to weed out the bad seeds.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Diemos,

You do realize that my pest control rates are per individual extermination, right? And that's the start price, the more difficult the extermination, the more'll cost. So these 'mass exterminations' you speak of could get quite pricey.

And no, I don't do discounts. You want discounts, get punks off the street.

Collateral damage is always bad for business. You don't want to kill a future prospective client or do a potential mark for free.

That having been said, I will abide by any and all stipulations put into a contract that I agree to.

I operate alone, I don't play nice with the other kids in the sand box.

In a situation such as this, however, I don't think you want to retain my extermination services quite yet. You need to know what needs to be exterminated first.

Might I suggest what you need most immediately is to hire on a consultant to do a proper estimate of what this job will cost you. Such consultations would naturally include a thorough investigation of the infested area and a calculation of the number of pests present. Such a consultation and estimation would not include any exterminations or extractions.

Exterminations and extractions can be negotiated after the estimate and consultation is done. You would be free to hire the consultant on hand if both parties are interested or use the information to hire another exterminator(s).

As it happens, I can do such consultation work.

For a price, of course.
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Mass extermination?

Be careful Diemos, that you don't become one of the monsters that you so passionately exterminate.

WWVLD
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Too late Mr. Ghostspider. This thing that calls it's self Deimos, has already become a monster. His humanity cast aside to "protect humanity". I know the type, people like the officers in charge of the pacification of Nanking, people like the guards and officers at Auschwitz, yes Auschwitz, a place where many people were tortured, worked to death, even burnt alive, why was this done to them? The Nazi did this things because the victims were jews, "not real people", the atrocities were commited in the name of "protecting the fatherland from jewish influence".
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

Heather Dawes wrote:Oh goody, now the psycho's are advertising mass exterminations. I'm sure Victor would be proud of the direction people are going now.
Seeing as he was considered a quack and a charlatan among the public, I don't see what difference it makes.
The flesh is willing, and let's hope the spirit's strong.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Ethan Skinner wrote:
Heather Dawes wrote:Oh goody, now the psycho's are advertising mass exterminations. I'm sure Victor would be proud of the direction people are going now.
Seeing as he was considered a quack and a charlatan among the public, I don't see what difference it makes.
This is still his society.
We owe it to him to keep it his.
Question everything.
Diemos

Post by Diemos »

I am not a psycho, just because I believe that humanity should be protected, and believe in pre-emptive strikes, does not mean I am a monster either.

That is neither here nor there. The only reason I am posting now, is because my team and I are in Snoqualmie Pass, Wa. Population of 202 by last census. The people for the most part seem normal, but when we arrived that night, one of my team saw a member of the advance team working in a diner as a waiter. The advance member didn't seem to recognize us, and almost acted like he was in a trance.

When we settled for the night, 3 members went out to investigate. None of them returned. The other three members and I are trying to contact home base, but our radios went out, cell phones aren't working. We tried land lines in town, but they seem to be out of order, at least for us.

Any suggestions?
Grace

Post by Grace »

There's nothing wrong with being a psycho. They're among my best clients.

In any case, it seems that you have gotten yourself into quite the jam. I am curious, how are you managing to communicate on this board?

The only suggestion I can offer you is this,

Hire me.
-Oscar Wilde.
Grace

Post by Grace »

If they were arrested, they would be allowed a phone call.

But I don't think that's it.

This whole set up sounds like just that, a set up. A trap.

Perhaps someone felt threatened by Deimos' rheteric?

Still curious about the internet connection. Satellite? Cable? Because there are phone options for both, if you're properly prepared.
-Oscar Wilde.
Diemos

Post by Diemos »

My apologIes. we were mistakeN. there is nothing wrong here. all is fine. DOnt worry, aLl is well. come visit. All of the society should visit heRe.
Last edited by Diemos on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Looks like I was right. It was a set up alright. And here I was hoping I'd get hired before the other shoe fell. Oh well.
-Oscar Wilde.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Not many here can afford or want to hire you Nemisis.

Those around here with the resources, well they are probably the ones who will prefer to mess you over.

You picked the wrong place to hang your shingle.

Delta Sierra
Eilonwy Solstice

Where is “here,” Diemos?

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Where is “here,” Diemos?
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.