A Message for Ben

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Celeste Darken

A Message for Ben

Post by Celeste Darken »

Why did you let me die, Ben?
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Whoever is trying to pull this shit had better stop, or I will hunt them down and feed them their entrails.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

WHAT THE F*** IS GOING ON HERE?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Holister

Post by Holister »

THIS IS NOT FUNNY!
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Why do I have a feeling that a certain asshole, who just won't die, is behind this.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Not funny in the least.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Eilonwy Solstice

What on Earth . . .?!

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

I don’t understand . . . but is this why you and Hannah tried to keep me from checking Lazlo, Ron? I . . . I can’t change it. The password is different.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I don't think this is a joke. Someone is deliberately provoking Ben, and I think we all suspect who it is.

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

THIS IS NOT FUNNY!!! WHO DID THIS!!!
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Jeremiah Dark, who else. This is just his style.

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

He is dead and gone....its been months now. Besides, how the hell would he get into Cee's old account?

I know that I am gonna kill the lousy Son of a Bitch who did this!!!
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Actually, according to Cameron Thorne, Dark is alive and more powerful than ever.

Speaking of which, we haven't heard from that...person in some time.

WWVLD
Holister

Post by Holister »

DARK IS DEAD!!! Do you hear me; DEAD!! This has to be some other asshole you wants me to sign his death warrant!!
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I wish that were true.

Don't let him push you like he did before Ben.

WWVLD
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

For some reason, I can not track down the source of where this person logged in from.
Fear the night because the night doesn't fear YOU!!!
Something that I have learned in my life: The dead just dont stay dead.
Freedom isn't as free as we have been taught!
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

GhostSpider wrote:Actually, according to Cameron Thorne, Dark is alive and more powerful than ever.

Speaking of which, we haven't heard from that...person in some time.
Who, this guy? How reliable was he? Miss Solstice, did he ever get in touch with you?

Sorry, not trying to derail the topic. But... I don't know. What might be keeping you from tracking it, A. Pendragon?
The flesh is willing, and let's hope the spirit's strong.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Ben,

If it's Dark, don't worry. He's a chicken who ran from me, remember? He even had my nightmare with him and he still ran from me.

'sides, you had nothing to do with Celeste dying . . . and according to WIe, Celeste was happy to die.

Hannah

PS: Say Hi to Molly for me.
I will be who I chose to be.
Eilonwy Solstice

But how did he ever get ahold of my old account?

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

GhostSpider wrote:Jeremiah Dark, who else. This is just his style.

But how did he ever get ahold of my old account? There are too many possibilities to be certain who—or what—is behind this; it’s too soon.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

Has this type of account hijacking happened before?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Usually not without physical possession of the account holder.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Hawk hijacked my account for a time. :evil:

Now there was a fiasco.

WWVLD
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

So it could be Hawk.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

It's possible.

WWVLD
Celeste Darken

Re: A Message for Ben

Post by Celeste Darken »

If there had been a way to save me from the agony of the sun . . . would you have?
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

You know, whoever you are, listen. Celeste is better off dead. She's no longer in pain and no longer one of those stinking,filthy, blood sucking, undead vermin. It's a good thing Ben wasn't there to save her. Its a good thing Ron put her out of her misery.

Though technically, Ron didn't really kill her, cause she was already dead. She was just a walking, intelligent corpse. A clever puppet created by something infinitely more evil and infintely more bad ass than you.

Ben's better off without her. Hell it was only a matter of time before she killed him anyway. It's in the nature of the beast.

So why don't you do us all a big favor and stop beating on this horse. Honestly, I can't see why Ben gets so upset over this.

WWVLD
Sir Typhis Black

Post by Sir Typhis Black »

I know that my presence here is new, but I could not help to notice that this particulat post has stired up some bad blood it seems. Mr. Hollister, you do not know me, but mne is a voice of reason. Whoever this person is, is quite obviously attempting to use your anger, your rage against you.

It is my advise that you turn he other cheek.

Surely there is more to your life than dwelling on past, painful memories. I know what it is to loose loved ones, but good sir, sense and reason must prevail or we are no better than those fiends that we claim to hunt.

I have read that you have a daughter. FOcus your energies on her. I am sure that you hunt not for anger or hate, but to protect her and other innocents. Remember this sage advise my former teacher once told me, " Do not forget the reasons why you hunt."

Deep down I know that you must be a good man. Do not allow anger to be used as a weapon against you sir. Instead turn toward those you love and hold close to your heart. You have friends here that care for and respect you. Do not cast them off due to blind rage. There is no room here on these forums for such rage. As I said earlier, sense and reason must prevail.

We all do what we do for what we believe is right. When we loose sight of that, we only condemn ourselves to a dark path from which we may never return.

Think about what I said Mr. Hollister, I hope it helps you.

G'Day to you all.
"It is best to fight the good fight and die with your enemy's heart in your hand."
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Deacon Ash-Shaytan wrote:All right Miss Solstice, or Mrs. Caliburn, or Celeste Darken, or whatever you want to be called, there's no need to play with people's minds and emotions like this. You can stop now.

If it was anybody from here, Pendragon could've tracked an IP. Pendragon didn't specify why he couldn't track the IP, just that he couldn't track it. This could mean that the account hijacker was either using a proxy server, or it could mean that the hijacker somehow completely concealed his own IP--which, as I understand it, can't usually be done, unless magic is somehow involved.

Ei is blind; it'd be more difficult for her to use a proxy server to hijack her own account...and she has two board members living with her. One of them would've noticed if either of the other two were intentionally messing with accounts like this.

Once again, Deacon, shaddap.

Ben, the others are right. Keep your cool in all of this. It's your best weapon against whoever's trying to screw with your head.

If you need anything, you give me a holler, okay?
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Sir Typhis Black

Post by Sir Typhis Black »

Good Deacon, it is rude to accuse Miss Solstice of such a thing. I may be new here, but I just do not see her performing such cruel acts against a fellow society member. Besides, from what I managaed to read from past posts, they may have been "romantically involved". This is a matter however I will choose to steer clear of if it is true.

In any regards, we should not blame anyone until proof is presented to us to lead us in that direction.We would be foolish to exhaust of efforts playing the "blame game" when the real culprit is still out there.

Some questions now come to mind?

1) Why would someone want to mentally torment Mr. Hollister?

2) Is it related to his shooting?

3) Who would have access to Miss Darken's old account information?

4) How could they gain access if they did not?

5) Why has Mr. Hollister not responded in a few days?

6) Does the society itself have any enemies capable of this or the shooting?

7) Are these enemies still at large?

8) As much as this last question irks me to ask, but does Hollister have any enemies here in the society?

These are important questions that I believe need to be addressed if we are to find out what is going on here.

I am more than willing to help if I can. Well, my lunch has arrived. Until this evening when I can post again, G'Day.
"It is best to fight the good fight and die with your enemy's heart in your hand."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

She didn't.

She was asleeep at the time of the first post and she can't get into her account anymore, someone changed the password.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Sir Typhis Black wrote:1) Why would someone want to mentally torment Mr. Hollister?

Because some people are sick, and history shows that when conditions are right, it's disgustingly easy to do...something which he's tried to work on, much to his credit.

2) Is it related to his shooting?

Hard to say, at this juncture... It's definitely a possibility, especially since someone pointed out that the shooter could've just done it as a "sick prank", which is exactly what this seems to be, too... It could be a coincidence, but in my experience, coincidences should never be overlooked until they're discounted as mere coincidences.

3) Who would have access to Miss Darken's old account information?

4) How could they gain access if they did not?

I doubt that Pendragon would give us a straight answer as to how easy it is to hack an account... If you can get someone's IP address, it's hellaciously easy to find out their name, address, age, bank account numbers, various website passwords, social security numbers, etc, ad nauseum... Some of it comes at a financial cost, but it's not that hard to do, if you know what you're doing. This could be a random prank. As noted above, we shouldn't just brush it off as that until we know for a fact what's going on, but it *could* be a random prank.

5) Why has Mr. Hollister not responded in a few days?

I saw he replied to another thread tonight, with a reply that relates back to this thread, so it would seem the answer to this question is more mundane than sinister...

Thankfully.

6) Does the society itself have any enemies capable of this or the shooting?

7) Are these enemies still at large?

It has in the past, and it may in the present and future. Such things should never be discounted as possibilities.

8) As much as this last question irks me to ask, but does Hollister have any enemies here in the society?

There have been members that have been less than friendly with him at times, but to my knowledge, not to an extent that would result in the other members shooting him or playing with his head and heartstrings like this.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.