Not Me

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Oh, we're talking about not You now.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yeah, Not Me.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

It's not like I meant to create him.

He's not really what I think of Pa, honest, neither of them.

I used ta dream about the end of the world a lot when I was litle, and there was my Pa . . . sometimes my real Pa, sometimes the one I thought was my Pa . . . standing there, fighting off the government agents, liberals, abortionists, homosexuals and other servants of the Devil.

Sometimes he was kinda both . . . the Pa I thought was my brother who played with me when I was little, sometimes the one I thought was Pa but was my Gramps who usta tan my bottom when I was bad.

It was all so confusing and scary.

I'm sorry I ever let him get out . . . I'm sorry for all the hurt he's done.

I know my apologies can never make up for it, so I understand if any of y'all hate me for dreamin' him up.

I know it's unforgivable.

Hannah

PS: I wish I could stop him.
I will be who I chose to be.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

No one else is blaming you. You should not blame yourself either.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

She doesn't seem to want to listen to that argument on this, no matter how many times I've told it to her.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Hannah, just because some...thing used you to get into this world, doesn't mean you should blame yourself. No child, no matter how powerful (and you are powerful, let no one tell you different), could have contained a Living Nightmare. It was determined to free itself, and it chose you because children are easier to manipulate, especially in their dreams. You need to stop blaming yourself.

Blame the Nightmare instead. It manipulated and used you. When your old enough, and if you so choose, hunt it down and destroy it. I fear that is the only way it can permanently be killed.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

She isn't going to be living this life. Not after all the effort we went to to give her the shot at something normal.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

It came from Hannah. But she did not create it. That means anyone can destroy it.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

We just need a success in that.

So far he's been 'destroyed' several times.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea but I mean what I say... destroyed.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Sure, she might not have created Not Ron, but she did help, no matter how unwilling, to bring it into this world. There's a connection between her and the Nightmare, one that I have tried to explain to you. Much like the connection between mother and child, and yes that is the best analogy for this situation.

And Ron, be realistic. Once you have entered this world, there is no going back. Hannah may never be a hunter or the like, but she will be a part of this world.

WWVLD
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I don't need it explained to me. I get it.
Help requires that you are willing. If you're not willing, then you're not helping.

Hannah is no more responsible for this than I am for the sunshine.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'd rather not think of Hannah's relationshp to this thing as any sort of maternal one if I can avoid it.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Yeah, sorry. I fished for another analogy, but that one just seemed the best.

WWVLD
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Kolya wrote:Help requires that you are willing. If you're not willing, then you're not helping.

She was USED, which helped Not Ron get out. Helping something happen does NOT always require the willingness of the person involved. If Hannah actually had any say in the matter, Not Ron wouldn't be around right now, now would he?
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everyone,

I did have a say in that nightmare gettin' out. I had that nightmare in my head fer years. I created it . . . though it wasn't always a nightmare. He was there ta protect me at first . . . but like both of my Pa's he has a temper and he gets really scary when he's angry.

My other Pa useta get angry at me a lot. If I didn't do what he said he'd take his belt ta me. If I didn't do my chores he'd lock me in the closet for a day. If I talked back he'd deck me. When he was drunk he wouldn't even wait fer me ta do somethin' wrong.

So insteada just protectin' me, he was there ta punish me everytime I did wrong, even if I only thought it.

When Shadow tried ta rescue me, everythin' went wrong.

I felt him tyin' ta get out. I tried ta hold him in, but I felt like I was drownin' I got scared and I let him out so I could breathe.

If I was braver, I coulda held out a little bit longer and he wouldn't haev gotten out.

So I created him and I let him out. Everything he does is my fault.

Hannah

PS: I know y'all want ta hate me fer it, it's okay, I hate me fer it too.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Why does she always get into these things when I'm not home to talk to her?

Regardless of my duplicate's origins, his deeds are his fault and he will pay for them . . . even if it takes me a lifetime to find a way to make it happen.

Delta Sierra
Eilonwy Solstice

Then you must have been fishing in a shotglass . . .

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

GhostSpider wrote:I fished for another analogy, but that one just seemed the best.

Then you must have been fishing in a shotglass, Spider. How about Hannah being in a tight alley with a rabid pit bull barreling past to get through? What about a bully armed with brass knuckles and a serrated knife, while Hannah was unarmed?

Konrad, if you think Hannah was responsible, you’re even blinder than I am. Your thesis doesn’t hold water. But if you want to keep with it, fine; if that’s the case, and you have much to answer for.

Maybe it would be better if I let Ron put a bullet through that thick skull of yours. Hannah does not need that pathetic analogy. And if you dare mention it again, I will gladly give Ron my permission to hunt you down, Spider and let you choke on his saiga.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I...

There's a lot I want to say here, but right now, I don't feel...qualified to pass judgments. Under no circumstances, however, do I see Hannah being to blame for anything.

I'm still...struggling to adjust to what I believe, right now. I'm still trying to figure out what I believe right now. A large part of me wants to dismiss all of this as hallucination, and I know that's not the kind of thing you guys want to hear.

I just...I at least wanted to say that Hannah hasn't done anything wrong, that I can tell, and I didn't think so when I believed in this stuff, either. Everything else...I'll reserve all comment on until I know my own head's on in some direction closely resembling "right".
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

:o I didn't expect that much hostility from you, EI! I mean, I know you're really close to Hannah and Ron, but no one's SERIOUSLY thinking that Hannah wanted this to happen any more than anyone else wanted it to. And if they are, well, yeah, go ahead and smack them.
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Stop it all of you!!!

I've known this thing was inside of me fer years, there ain't no way it came from somewhere else.

I was the one who let it out, I was the one who created it.

I know this, I didn't need ta be told it again by someone.

So y'all can quit fightin' about this.

Hannah

PS: Wie, you're soundin' as bad as Pa.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Hannah yes the Nightmare came form you. But no one here holds you as responsable, fact is that I feel I am responsable for it's release.

I saw it when it was still only a part of your dreams, I didn't allow myself to think that it could become the problem that it did. I gave it the means to get out, and while I was there at the time of its escape, I also allowed it to escape.

Don't blame yourself Hannah, you are not at fault here. There are others that are at fault, but not you.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Listen, regardless of whether this thing really does exist or is somehow a shared hallucination, y'all are being drama whores. The only one to blame for the actions of an individual is the individual itself. It doesn't matter if that individual had reasons, it doesn't matter if the individual was there because of the actions of someone else. It seems to me that if this thing is real and out there, y'all need to stop playing the blame game (including blaming yourselves) and go out there and deal with it.

All I'm hearing right now is the same damned variation on the argument in politics, wherein people blame Clinton for 9/11. "Clinton could've killed bin Ladin when he had the chance, but he didn't!" Point of fact: taking out the leader of an organization does not always stop the organization. Point of fact: the attack happened NINE MONTHS into the Bush administration, and over that period of time, Bush REDUCED the amount of international security measures that had been laid down before his reign. Point of fact: both the CIA and the FBI left him reports regarding the attack. When examining the facts, it becomes obvious that it's useless to blame Clinton for failing to take out bin Ladin; it's Bush that practically invited him in.

I see the same sort of mentality going into practice here. Examine the facts, realize that neither Hannah nor Shadow are not to blame for what's going on, move on with your lives, and deal with the actual source of the problem.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Okay, at what point did I specifically blame Hannah for letting out Not Ron. I said she was an unwilling participant, but when did I blame her. :roll:

I understand the response, even applaud it, but you are blinding yourselves if you don't acknowledge the connection between Hannah and Not Ron. I am simply trying to do the same thing Ron has been trying to do to me, realize that there may be only one way that Not Ron can truly be destroyed.

WWVLD
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Shadow,

If I hadn't let him out none of it would have happened. 'sides there was a lot of other stuff happenin' then that ya had ta deal with.

Hannah

PS: I don't think you're accusing me of anythin' GS, it's a fact anyway.
Eilonwy Solstice

I would just like to apologize . . .

I would just like to apologize to everyone . . . especially Konrad and Hannah. I’ve been putting in longer hours at work, than I probably should, trying to get everything ready for a trip, and not meditating when I should. Your analogy hurt her deeply, Konrad, and when I heard Hannah’s . . . reaction to your message, I was both tired and in serious need of a nap.

I did neither and instead lambasted you, and for that, I am sorry.

I’m sorry Hannah that I can’t help you as I know I should.
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Ei: We get it. You don't need to apologize to anyone.

Shan and Hannah: With all due respect- KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF!!! All of us know what happened, and we know how it happened. But that's the past, and ain't nobody gonna change that old story. (NO, Shad, not even you!) get over the fact that it happened, and try focusing on how to get rid of him NOW.
You traded in your wings
You never left me
You never let me

Everything that you feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Trust me doing something to help get rid of the Fake Ron has been something I have been looking into from the time he first appeared.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Honestly Ellie, your reaction amused me more than anything. Still, apology accepted.

I'm sorry that I upset Hannah.

WWVLD
Eilonwy Solstice

Thank you . . .

Thank you.