Back on Board!!

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I ain't sending my kid to school wired.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

Quite a few things I have to catch up on, eh? Well, as I read, I'll try to post some advice and general tidbits of my own for the young miss.

First off, schools these days are not like the more clasical schools, where they were the centerpiece of the youth of a comunity. Because of the expansion of most city/suburban populations, and the splitting of classes based off of intrest, the only way for kids to form insular groups is through 'Cliques'. This makes it very difficult for someone not able to fit into one of those groups. It's not very surprising that most Astral Adepts make their first trips outside of the physical relm in these years of their lives, just because of the desire to escape.

Second, as for Capoera, it's a very physicaly intense martial art. Because it was designed as a martial art hidden behind dance moves, it's style requires the practitioner to be constantly in movement. For longer-term fights, the Capoera user suffers, because of the constant use of their endurance.

As for High School Horror stories... Well, I'll not crowd Hannah's thread with these stories unless I'm requested to. I did like the time one of my teachers chided me gently for holding a kid against a wall...

Fighting... I always follow my father's advice. Don't throw the first punch, but make sure you throw the last. Draw blood, and take them down HARD. In general, when dealing with ordinary people, do remember that they don't bother to train at all to defend themselves.

In general, I was an outcast during my days in High School. I was being trained in magic by an artifact, that was also slowly turning me into somthing not quite human. It's hard to overlap that with a normal social life.

But you're just a girl from a rural background, dealing with suburban kids. So far, it sounds like you're having little more than the typical 'new kid' pains to school. Honestly, you're tougher and smarter than most kids at your school. You don't have to worry about what they think about you. Just what you think about yourself.

And finaly, as for catching the Biology teacher... Well, if she aranges all these meetings in the same location, and keeps repeating these odd points of indoctrination there, I'm more than certain that I can plant any bug the rest of you are willing or able to make up for me. It'd be a nice change of pace for me, to do somthing with my abilities other than brutalising monsters.

Sorry to go on so long like this. Just trying to find a way to fit back into things.

-AG
DroopyDawg

Post by DroopyDawg »

As far as the teacher goes there are basically four possiblities as I see it.
1) Hannah is lying... Not one I believe in, given what I've learned about Hannah, but it is a possiblity and as such needs to be listed.
2) The teacher is lying. This means that until someone finds a way to prove the teacher to be lying, the school system will back her. Unfortunately, that is often the nature of the beast.
3) The teacher is not in possesion of all of her senses. Exactly what outside source could be affecting her I have no idea.
4) Hannah is not in possesion of all of her senses. In other words, someone is screwing with Hannah'a mind. Giving her memories that in and of themselves are lies.

So the questions are:
Can you get anyone into a position to notice if the teacher is under the influence of an outside source?
Can you tell if someone is EVIL or just crazy?
Is there anyway to tell if Hannah's memories have been screwed with?

Droopy Dawg
I am not so much bothered by what I perceive, as by what my mind tells me about what I perceive.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

If you want I can go and install a surveilance device in the classroom then.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Gang,

I'm tellin' y'all the Lord's own truth . . . and I think I've got all my senses, though maybe I lost 'em for a while Wednesday . . . I didn't come straight home from school so Pa had ta ground me.

This teacher though, it's almost like she's two different people . . . one when everone else is around and a totally different one when it's just me an' her. She also stares at me all the time.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgivin' even with being grounded I still had an okay one. Pa tried ta make it like we had back at the compound, but with only Eilonwy and Josh around, it was a lot quieter. I also had ta do most of the cookin' 'cause Pa doesn't know how ta do a turkey with all the trimmin's. Back at tha compound I woulda spent tha day keepin the youngin's outta the cooks hair, or maybe helpin' out with some of the side dishes or somethin' like that, Ma tried ta make sure I was always useful.

I feel bad fer Josh, stuck here with us instead of with his wife and baby. Must be really hard on him. He did manage ta absorb a plate full of food though, not sure he can taste it but at least it helps him keep his strength up . . . I think.

Hannah

PS: Christine had ta get pulled outta school, apparently she's been havin' nightmares ever since I punched her out. It's gotten ta the point where she starts screamin' if she sees me in tha halls.

PPS: I don't think I hit her that hard.
I will be who I chose to be.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Let's...not bring me up at this time... I wish I could've helped more... I love working in the kitchen...or I used to, anyway...but...no sense of smell makes it difficult...

As to the girl in school... Some folks really ham it up for sympathy...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

KT-Frankly, I'm tired of the pity party you got going on. SO STOP IT!!! Your stuck in a new body, and it sucks, but your still alive aren't you.

Hannah-You seriously need to keep an eye on this teacher. Her activities are simply far to suspicious. Honestly, I think investigation into this teacher has been more than lax. As for the girl, I think perhaps you did more than hit her. Lets not forget that you have untapped abilities. While I don't think that conciously you would inflict nightmares on the poor girl, subconciously...that could be an entirely different story. Also, someone else could be inflicting nightmares on her, and making them centered around you. Why, I really don't know?
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Konrad... Dunno what you're talking about. I didn't ask for sympathy...and this isn't the time or place to argue...

As for lax investigations... I've actually snuck into school with Hannah a couple of times, now... Hidden in her pocket... Nothing odd happened when I was there...and she didn't touch off any of my senses... There doesn't seem to be anything odd about her at all.

She's probably just a confused fundie who recognizes the way Hannah dresses...and is trying to "save" her from these "heathens"...or whatever...
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Nothing odd about her? Or whatever?

What kind of investigation is that?!

The fact of the matter is something is weird about her. She acts like two totally different people, only when Hannah is around. Whats not odd about that? This is Hannah we're talking about here. She draws plenty of supnat attention. I realize everyone is bothered with their own problems, but sheesh. I'd offer to help, but Ron has made it quite clear that he wants me at least thirty miles away from Hannah at all times.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I've been around her three times... The first time, Hannah knew I was there, and I made no attempt to mask my presence... She didn't act strangely at all... The second time...Hannah didn't know I was there... I masked my presence completely... She acted strangely that time...but she wasn't under any control, her aura didn't fluctuate or change, and she didn't register as anything paranormal before, during, or after the attitude change... I tagged along again, again without Hannah knowing, and she didn't act strangely at all...

So Hannah draws supernatural attention... So what? It doesn't mean that everything that happens around her is necessarily therefore paranormal... Sometimes, people are just stupid.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

It doesn't take much to program someone to act differently, and that doesn't register as supernatural. Open your minds here people.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Why would someone do that...? If someone was gonna go through that much trouble...wouldn't they kidnap or try to kill her straight off...? It doesn't make sense that they'd just try and tell her that modern thinking is off...

It seems like...like a waste of time...
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Unless its a more long term plan.

Think of all the consequences here.

They think Hannah is either lying or delusional.

If other faculty start doing it it could spell big trouble.

She's already had a few run ins with other students.

Whatever it is, if it is some malicious plot, is only one small part of a larger puzzle.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
DroopyDawg

Post by DroopyDawg »

Another thought is that someone is using this as an attempt to subjugate (brainwash) Hannah, and thereby be able to go after Ron or Eilonwy, or the Society in general. Admittedly, this is purely playing with the paranoia meter. Yet given some of the things that has occurred recently, it something that may be good to keep in mind. How many would still be here if they were a little more paranoid.

Droopy Dawg
I am not so much bothered by what I perceive, as by what my mind tells me about what I perceive.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Listen to Bert and Droopy. They seem to be seeing the big picture here. Well, at least a part of it.

WWVLD
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Everybody

We had a meeting with the Principal and my teacher and Christine's Parents.

It started off with the Principal thinking Eilonwy was my mom. I don't know who was in bigger danger of choking Me, Eilonwy or Pa. Though for me it was tryin' not ta laugh.

They first talked about me an' my teacher. The teacher denied everythin' I had ta say. The Principal said that there was no proof that any of it had happened. That test that I'd taken, the teacher said that it wasn't the mark she had given me and it wasn't even her handwriting on the test.

Then we talked ta Christine's parents. They didn't brign her along 'cause she was too scared of me.

Scared of me! Can y'all imagine that? Ain't nobody who's scared of me . . . well maybe Jerimiah Dark, but he don't count.

Anyway, they weren't gonan file charges with the police, sayin' it was a childrn's fight sorta thing . . . but they aren't goin' ta bring Christine back ta this school 'cause of me.

This seemed ta make the Prinicipal the most worried. She and Pa spent a long time discussing this after everyone esle had left. I had ta wait out in the hall for what seemd like hours.

Finally Pa came out and collected me and Eilonwy.

He wouldn't talk about it other than ta tell me that I have ta be really careful not ta get inta any fights or confrontations with any teachers or students.

Hannah

PS: Anybody heard from KT? He left our place last ngiht and hasn't come back yet.
DroopyDawg

Post by DroopyDawg »

Hannah,
Did KT give any indication of where he was headed, when he left? Did he meantion anything unusual earlier in the day?

Droopy
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

He just left a note about going to get something.

Delta Sierra
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi All,

I'm sure y'all heard that things sorted themselves out fer KT just fine . . . though I think Lex ain't gonna let him outta her sight fer a few months.

At school this week I had an encounter with a bunch of the guys on the football team. Apparently they is all ma about Christine goin' away, she's the head cheerleader and is datin' one of the players. They caught up with me when I was on tha stairs, a pair above me and a pair below me. I dunno what they were thinkin' of doin', other than probably tryin' ta scare me.

I decided I didn't want ta be late fer class so I just hopepd the railing and dropped down ta the flight below and found another way ta class.

Hannah

PS: I learned that from watchin' Peter gettin' away from these guys in tha past.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Very cool. 8)

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I think this Peter fellow my be a bad influence, but I appreciate his survival skills.

Still, Hannah, stop jumping off things, I don't want you to end up hurt.

Delta Sierra
concrete_Angel

Post by concrete_Angel »

Would you have preferred the fight in the halls, Ron?
You traded in your wings
For everything freedom brings
You never left me
You never let me
See what this feeling means

Everything that you feel
Is everything that I feel
So when we dream
We shout....
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

No. I want her to avoid situations where these things can happen.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

It sounds like she did just that... Sometimes, people don't let you avoid them forever.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

She's under strict insturctions to stay in areas of the school where there's lots of witnesses.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Hannah, listen to your Pa.

I know you think he's an idiot now but wait to see how much he learns in just 6 short years ;) :P
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Uhhh . . . thanks?

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Well shit that's what I get for trying to make humour.

I thought there was some famous Mark Twain saying about when he was fourteen he thought his father was an idiot and when he turned twenty-one he was amazed at how much his father had learned about people and life and things like that since the time he was 14.

But it's actually the other way around. It's the child that grows wiser.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Ahh . . . never read any Twain . . . was on our banned list.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

So Natasha knows more about Twain that you do...

That's interesting.

And messed up.