May need help...

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

So when a friend makes a mistake you feel the need to ride them down rather than help them up Mr. Caliburn?

Mr. KonThaak, pay Mr. Caliburn no mind he is a prime example of why people here won’t ask for help for fear of being torn down.
Eilonwy Solstice

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Sophoroto wrote:So when a friend makes a mistake you feel the need to ride them down rather than help them up Mr. Caliburn?

Mr. KonThaak, pay Mr. Caliburn no mind he is a prime example of why people here won’t ask for help for fear of being torn down.
And training Josh in firearms isn’t considered helping? Ron has always offered his help. It’s like a standing order. I won’t mention how many times he’s come home bloodied from trying to help those who can’t help themselves, and I will not hear bad spoken of him, Soph. I really will not.
Last edited by Eilonwy Solstice on Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

I am sorry Miss Solstice, wasn't trying to speak ill against Mr. Caliburn it just hit a nerve with me and I spoke befor I thought about how it would sound.

again I'm sorry. :oops:
Eilonwy Solstice

Post by Eilonwy Solstice »

Sophoroto wrote:I am sorry Miss Solstice, wasn't trying to speak ill against Mr. Caliburn it just hit a nerve with me and I spoke befor I thought about how it would sound.

again I'm sorry. :oops:

I apologize, too. Ron Caliburn is . . . one of my hot buttons. He’s saved me more than once, and in more than one way.
Sometimes the only thing to be done is to feel one’s way through the darkness.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Well then Ms. Solstice, if you cannot see and recognize his faults through teh warm feeling around you, then we had best not speak too much. Myself, I am adept at finding and capitolizing on the faults of another, it comes with growing up in the sort of environment I did, at least however I can see and recognize a person's merits just the same.

Ron Caliburn has many faults, and many merits, most of which are directly related to one another, as are the two sides of a coin.

My apologies KonThaak, but as you know if there is anything that I can do to help, perhaps some copies of assorted religious texts on such a subject, particularly the shinto, bhuddist, and taoist religions, where the manipulation of spirits is commonly done, and rarely in a dark way?
Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

Shôja hitsumetsu é-sha-jori
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Kei, if you could forward a copy of those texts to myself and Michael T, it would be much appreciated.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Ron: I appreciate the offer of help, and understand what you mean... I want to ask for your help in dealing with Windner, but I know it's kinda distant from your home.

Soph and Kei: I trust Ron implicitly. He's rough, he's gruff, and his people skills are kinda lacking sometimes, but he pretty much always means well. He's prejudiced, but with reason, and reins in those prejudices when he knows he needs to. With apologies to GS, he makes comments to intentionally be the voice of the devil, to remind people that those he makes comments about could be something other than what they are showing us, something not truly worthy of our trust. I don't really get the feeling that he wants to spend his time doing this, but rather that he feels that someone's gotta do it, and nobody else is.

Kei: The problem isn't talking to or dealing with spirits... The problem is protecting myself from necromancy. I got into necromancy with the specific intention of learning what kinds of energies it uses, how it utilizes them, so I could best develop a defense against it. I studied it, and practiced only an area of it that I felt comfortable practicing, that being contact with the dead. I've done it only to understand how to build a defense against necromantic energies, and I'm actually very close... I can't proceed, though, because now I don't trust myself to do anything right.

If Michael and GS come up with a solution to my current problem, I don't see it taking very much longer... (I even used the necromantic books that GS sent to me to double-check Windner's rituals. I know he "laced" them with something, but I can't find where, and it's absolutely infuriating...)

Everyone in general: I can't tell y'all how much I appreciate everything you've said... I appreciate that everyone's here on my behalf.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Josh, let me now the where and the when - I am teathered somewhat by circumstance now, but if I need to move for a job I can.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

KonThaak wrote:Ron: I appreciate the offer of help, and understand what you mean... I want to ask for your help in dealing with Windner, but I know it's kinda distant from your home.

Soph and Kei: I trust Ron implicitly. He's rough, he's gruff, and his people skills are kinda lacking sometimes, but he pretty much always means well. He's prejudiced, but with reason, and reins in those prejudices when he knows he needs to. With apologies to GS, he makes comments to intentionally be the voice of the devil, to remind people that those he makes comments about could be something other than what they are showing us, something not truly worthy of our trust. I don't really get the feeling that he wants to spend his time doing this, but rather that he feels that someone's gotta do it, and nobody else is.

Kei: The problem isn't talking to or dealing with spirits... The problem is protecting myself from necromancy. I got into necromancy with the specific intention of learning what kinds of energies it uses, how it utilizes them, so I could best develop a defense against it. I studied it, and practiced only an area of it that I felt comfortable practicing, that being contact with the dead. I've done it only to understand how to build a defense against necromantic energies, and I'm actually very close... I can't proceed, though, because now I don't trust myself to do anything right.

If Michael and GS come up with a solution to my current problem, I don't see it taking very much longer... (I even used the necromantic books that GS sent to me to double-check Windner's rituals. I know he "laced" them with something, but I can't find where, and it's absolutely infuriating...)

Everyone in general: I can't tell y'all how much I appreciate everything you've said... I appreciate that everyone's here on my behalf.

I know that Mr. KonThaak, I owe you and Mr. Caliburn an apology. I am sorry for speaking with malice towards Mr. Caliburn and I hope you both can forgive me for my miss deed.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I've plenty of worse said about me around here.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I'll admit that Ron's constant questioning of my intentions is more than a little annoying. I have few, if any, answers to his questions and I hate that it makes me look like i'm hiding something. Still, I realize why Ron does it and why it is necessary.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD