Hunters Among You

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

Out of the way you think? Not quite, try Joseph Stalin. You failed at your shot, now it sounds like you think the stakes are too high, no matter, you see, I have footage of your pickpocket, and now he will start unraveling the string - unless you kill him quick that is, Oh wait - he might be under surveillance, so you might not want to ttake that route.

I do belive you have underestemated me again, something you people do on a regular basis. I still have many tricks to show you, and they are not even complex - anyone with either a brain or any covert training can pull them off.

Care to try again Dym?

As for you voice, perhaps you could try to ambush poor little old me - I am not combat trained, just smart and quick, you might not like my toys though.
dym

Post by dym »

Out of my way anyway. I failed nothing. I did what I wanted to do, exactly as I wanted to do it.

Killing people under surveillance is very easy. For someone who has so many contacts, you really do not understand how things work in this country.

Still I am not sure which pickpocket you are talking about. Check it again, look for a female this time... not that it really matters. There is no web to unravel. You make fundamental mistakes in your assumptions, kiddo.

I am pretty no one will like your toys, unless Pa's looking for a new butt plug, of course.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I know that most here do not think me the pillar of good moral choices, however I think this needs to be said.

The shootings that took place in that small town made me pause and think about how precious human life is. I have no problem with killing demons, monsters, and the like, but to kill humans (even terrible ones) without pause is another thing. We have a legal system for a reason, and I don't believe we have a right to put ourselves above it.

While I would love nothing more than to put dym through the hell he has put Natasha and company through, that fact is it would make me no different than him. I would be doing the exact same thing he has done, and I don't want to be what he is. I think he would enjoy the knowledge that he made me be something lesser than what I am, and I don't want to give dym that satisfaction.

So dym, turn yourself in. The mob wants blood and you are not going to survive if you don't. I don't want my friends and associates to become more like you.
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

You have a point Knyht, but I think your not really taking into account the human "monsters" we deal with. A demon is evil because it was created that way. Evil is its nature. It does terrible things and enjoys them. Its simply what it is.

A man however, he chooses to be evil. He chooses to be a monster. And unfortunatley the ones we deal with are the worst of the lot. Demons in all but name. Some of then simply can not be contained. They have magic or psychic abilities. Others have connections, both mortal and demonic. How do you suggest we deal with them. How do we convince a judge not to grant bail to a man who can use magic to whisk himself away. How do we deal with a man like dym, who has contacts in the goverment who could probably arrange his release. Where is the due process?

I'm sorry DK, but some men simply don't deserve our mercy. The few for the many. It is a difficult war we fight.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

But he's not a man, he's many men - or perhaps none at all.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Well thats..confusing. :?

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

No, it's the only thing that makes sense.

We;ve seen multiple voices of dym, so dym is not a man, he is many - but soem of those voices have been killed, still dym survives unharmed having lost no more than a mouthpiece.

So dym is not human, but can control humans (notice the use of the word order rather than hire).

Apparently there is soem way he can communicate amoung the minions that we haven't been able to link together - even across disparate locations.

We have encountered beings that can leap mind to mind before - some of them have spanned continents several times in the same night.

Dym is akin to one of those.

Delta Sierra
Koralth

Post by Koralth »

That sounds a little over-elaborate... Couldn't "Dym" just be a collective group of people looking for the same objective, going by the same name and everything? If it were something that controlled minds, wouldn't they all talk the same, as if they were indeed, the same person? Instead, you see that each individual is just that, an individual, with their own way of speaking, their own quirks, etc.. Ron, I know you're used to dealing with the supernatural, but it seems like you're just up against a really large, really organized gang with illusions of grandeur to me.
"God, I know you say you love all of your children equally, but you don't, do ya? I'm on to you, big guy." Dr. Percival Cox
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Whatever dym is, I have a feeling that we will be finding out soon enough.

WWVLD
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

No, ther'es more to it than that . . . otherwise I suspect Kei and he others might have had a trail to follow.

They have to be connected another way.

My own experience with Not Me tells me that some controls may be about giving orders rather than total, overiding possession. I've seen and heard security footage of when I was under Not Me's control. I did not say or do anything that was unusual, except follow the specific instructions I was given.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ron is I think on the right track. I have noticed the samethings he mentioned, differant voices, and such. Along with a few other things I know about but can't say anything about yet. But basicly Dym said it himself he is not human. I think that was the most truthful and honest statement he has made so far.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Actually I do not under estimate any one if at all possible Bert. I was not trying to sound insulting to you, I have been stretched pretty thin in the last few weeks, I apologize if it came out sounding like a jab at you. Rember I am the mage who finally picked up a hand gun because of you and Ron's stories and spouting the virtue of a back up to my primary abilities. I am exhausted and need to take a break, I'll be near by if needed.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

So we've been killing possible innocents being controlled, or at worse willing pawns?
“Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.” - Andre Gide
dym

Post by dym »

DarKnyht wrote:So we've been killing possible innocents being controlled, or at worse willing pawns?
Whoooopsy! :oops:

:lol:

If it makes you feel better, no one is innocent. :P
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Given the attitudes they express, I think dym may be taking advantage of certain proclivities of their nature.

I hate taking it to the pawns, but a mind controlled pawn is still quite dangerous.

Delta Sierra
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

Yes they are. But you have to be willing to deal with that they are just normal people underneath. Those two I shot would have been normal again had I not ended their life. I think you were right when you suggest that we carry non-lethal methods. Had I tranquilized or tasered them, their kids would have parents right now. What I did, I did in self-defense but does that make it right?

A part of me just wishes there was a way to detain or put the pawns out of commission while we deal with the true threat. Their nature might be to do evil, but it sounds like dym is removing any inhibitions that prevent them from acting upon it.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Dark,

If you have the choice ta kill or ta be killed, there ain't anythin' wrong in the latter choice. If you have a way ta protect the people y'all is fightin' without endangerin' yourself do it, but you need ta keep youself safe.

Hannah

PS: My Pa sells police supplies, not just guns, so he's got tasers and batons and pepperspray and all that.
I will be who I chose to be.
Kei Nakamura

Post by Kei Nakamura »

DarKnyhy, if you do not mind experimental equipment, get ahold of me, I may have a few toys for you. (sonic devices, EMF generators on certain frequencies, rechargeable strobes that flash at certain frequencies, ect)
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

Ohhh, did the poor knyht kill some innocents.

Welcome to the club. :twisted:
By the hands of you fools, my Master shall be freed.
DarKnyht

Post by DarKnyht »

I would be interested. My only request is that it be of the small arms variety. I am not a huge fan of large equipment and things that are not concealable.

I will contact you once I get back from checking up on Terra.
Deathblaster

Post by Deathblaster »

Ron Caliburn wrote:ANybody interested in buying a bridge?

ME!

Deathblaster is coming for you . . .

GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Why am I not surprised. :roll:

WWVLD
Deathblaster

Post by Deathblaster »

Um.. Because you know a good deal wehn you see one? Image
Deathblaster is coming for you . . .