A weekend at Roger's

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

"And Bert, remind me to bap you upside the head for suggesting killing trees."

Hey, my plan was only in Beta! We just need to find a HUGE rock! You know, a boulder.

"Getting in may be easier than getting out, but it still sounds relatively impossible to do completely unnoticed."

The best part about any kind of fanatic is the ease of manipulating them once you understand how they think.

"As of this point in time, Ron doesn't sound too interested in pursuing this..."

I'm not too keen on doing this anytime soon either. I just don't want Ron to login one day, go "Rhonda is getting married off in a week and sent me a letter asking for help. We need to move now." and being caught totally unprepared.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

You want a reasonable plan, a simple one? I have just that.

We get Ron some form of comunication device, somthing that cannot be jammed or removed from him. And then we send him back to the family compound to find out the information he needs, as to who needs extraction, if anyone.

A facility this well developed will have a munitions store-room, someplace safely away from the sleeping quarters, but close enough at hand to be available. I go in and set off an explosion or five, and while the people are distracted by the demoltion of their munitions and homestead, Ron leads his escapees out of the building, to a waiting extration team.

Simple, safe, reasonable, with a minimal loss of life, if any.
Bert_the_Turtle

Depending on what they're storing, how they're storing it, and wherre its being stored, your "distraction" could potentially kill everyone there.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Interesting plan.

If I go in there, there's a 50 - 50 shot I'll be immediately executed or locked in a basement and interrogated for a few months.

Either way, won't be much chance for intellegence gathering.

I may be the leader's son, but I'm also the most high profile traitor they ever had.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I have to agree with Bert to many unknowen factors. As for Ron going back in I think that the chances of that happening are slim, hardly and you gota be kidding from both sides at least that's my take from Ron's statements. We need intel that is for sure um Ron do you have any pictures paticularly of Rhonda and anyone else in the compound I may me able to do something.
Add. Just saw your post that was about what I thought would likely happen as well.
Last edited by Shadowstalker on Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Bert_the_Turtle

Anyone have any contacts that could get some satellite images?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Regretably I couldn't take any pictures with me, but her mom will slip pictures out to me from time to time.

I want to know what's planned before I reveal any information of course. I have o be sure this won't cause any unecissry risking of harm to any of the participants.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

You ever hear of a trick called remote viewing that with a few other tricks would allow me and some others to start gathering intel and set up a possible means of contact.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Ron Caliburn wrote:I want to know what's planned before I reveal any information of course. I have o be sure this won't cause any unecissry risking of harm to any of the participants.

And, understandably, you wanna give your seal of approval to any plans before you give out that information. It is, after all, your friends, your family, and your history that's being put on the line.

Guys, why don't we give this a rest for now. Drop Ron a PM or something when you get new ideas, but this really is getting us nowhere. There's nothing saying that, should we formulate a halfway decent plan, that when we tried to execute it, nothing will go as planned, and if we tried to stick to our plan, things would go bad.

In my experience, that's often the way things go.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Basically, we're dealing with a situation where they hae a counter to our usual counters for movement and intellegence gathering.

I know I'm maing htis realy hard with the no casualties thin, but realy, I don't wat any of these people seriously hurt. I also don't want any of you hurt becaue you wer trying to avoid seriously hurting these people.

The only casualty I could accept in this mission is myself, and I ain't particularly keen on that score (though if you could reasonably garuntee success of getting "Rhonda" out, I'd walk in with a smile on my face and a bullseye on my ass).

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Its your Op and your right to set the parameters.
Celeste Darken

Post by Celeste Darken »

KonThaak wrote:Guys, why don't we give this a rest for now. Drop Ron a PM or something when you get new ideas, but this really is getting us nowhere. There's nothing saying that, should we formulate a halfway decent plan, that when we tried to execute it, nothing will go as planned, and if we tried to stick to our plan, things would go bad.

In my experience, that's often the way things go.

Thank you, Konthaak, for agreeing with me and reinstating my previous post. Actually, I soppose I more or less hinted only, but it is good to have that statement out in the open and held by someone else, too. If they won't listen to a reformed vampire, maybe they'll listen to a nature-serving human. While Ron has stated he would do it if a good plan with a decent chance showed up, there is no reason to openly discuss plans in such an unguarded manner.

Ron Caliburn wrote:I'd walk in with a smile on my face and a bullseye on my ass.

That's a disturbing image I'd rather not see. I keep imagining you hightailing it out of there like a cowardly buffoon, machinegun fire following all the way after your posterior while you're running away. Rather comic in my mind's eye, but something I'd rather not witness in real life. Painted buttocks or no. Not to mention the scene is completely out of character for the fabled Ron Caliburn.
Death isn’t a state of nothingness. It’s a journey. What path are you forging?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ron for the basic intel gathering method I'm talking about the risk is nil and the only means of stopping it is the one they won't use because they consider it the work of the devil so no harm in giveing it a shot.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Shadowstalker wrote: Next part Ron can I ask how many of these blessed did they have and any guess what their abilites were, I realize any info you have is 10years old but it would give us something to work from. The last comment is we need to find a way to speak or at least interact with Rhonda to find out how she would feel about this in the first place for several resons.

I do have ways of getting in contact with "Rhonda" - but they are very, very slow. I have as a contact one of the few outsiders the women folk will meet with when they do go out. Step-mom is kinda soft on me (mostly because she would have rather been married to me than my pa) and will smuggle the messages in and out for me. Unfortunately, the end result is the turn around time for a message is 6 weeks or more.

I've tried convincing her to leave, but it ain't going to happen. She swore an oath before God to my father and she can't go back on it

But she's not adverse to Rhonda getting out when she can safely.

So provided we know what we are doing a month or more in advance, we can get detailed instructions to Rhonda (who's a pretty bright girl for her age, I have to say) and her mother.

As for how many and what their abilities are, I think the vast majority would meet the criteria that Dr. Lazlo refers to as "Latent Psychics" or "Natural." There's a couple who work as armourers for us and it's hard to tell if they could be called "Genius" or "Psychic Mechanic." Even the normals are trained in recognizing and defending themselves from the supernatural.

If you hae an intellegence gathering idea, PM me the details and we might be able to work soemthing out.

Delta Sierra
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:I'm not too keen on doing this anytime soon either. I just don't want Ron to login one day, go "Rhonda is getting married off in a week and sent me a letter asking for help. We need to move now." and being caught totally unprepared.

Word. I mean, where would we get a helicopter on such short notice?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

If it came to that it is doable but a major pain.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I don't think we need a helicopter.

Plans are begining to come together behind the scenes.

Right now, the idea is not getting someone in unseen, but unopposed and providing the distraction for getting them out.

We will need people to help with that distraction or providing cover andsecrity for the extraction - again on the understanding that we want a 0 body count op.

Delta Sierra
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Ron Caliburn wrote:I don't think we need a helicopter.

'Course we do, Jack. Ain't you read A Tale of Two Cities? If that gunship hadn't show up when it did, Carton would've bought it.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
Bert_the_Turtle

I know its been a few years but I don't recall there being a helicopter in A Tale of Two Cities.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

And Carton got jacked. If his boys had swung by in a Blackhawk, though, he'da skipped out on those head-chopping French motherfuckers, which was my point.
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
Bert_the_Turtle

Ahhh...

Well, airborn or not, I do think we'll need some sort of cavalry to back us up.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So the thing that was at the cult's huse turned up again last night.

It says it has friends dealing with Kolya in Russia.

Anybody heard from the fuzzy one lately?

Delta Sierra