Yesterday night.

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I remember a dog . . . back when I was a kid . . . at the compound . . . I remember shooting it and finding nothing but bugs afterwards.

Hmmm.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Do you think it belonged on the compound or was an infiltrator?
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Wasn't from the compound - something had been ripping cattle to shreds in the area, I caught this thing stalking the cows so I took it out.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Is it possible its presence was connected to other things going on at the time?

Edit: I just saw my question was basically worthless.

Besides the shredded beef was there other supernatural activity going on in or around the compound? Were defenses being probed? Stuff like that... ?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

That was the big one . . . though a couple of government agents also showed up around that time.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I always heard the CIA was into mutilating cows.

The KGB, too, but no one ever hears about that.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

What I heard the KGB was into with cows wasn't exactly a mutilation . . . though I think the cow probably would have liked the mutilation more.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

:lol:

And that's gross.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Proove it isn't true.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I don't know what cows prefer.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'm sure there is someone in Russia who can ask. I know on the compound we had someone who could talk to animals.

Delta Sierra
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

The syphon is confirmed destroyed. Nothing new to add otherwise. At least not yet.
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Ron Caliburn wrote:I'm sure there is someone in Russia who can ask. I know on the compound we had someone who could talk to animals.

Sure there is.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well you can add how you can confirm the syphon is destroyed.

Delta Sierra
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Ron Caliburn wrote:That was the big one . . . though a couple of government agents also showed up around that time.
The Americans developed a dog that has some strange abilities such as the ability to see things normally not visible. I don't want to go into anymore details though about that project. As far as my digging into the grimoires, nothing really came up. Some parallels and such but nothing allows me to conclusively say "it was XYZ."
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

The agents seemed as mystified by the mutilations as us.

Delta Sierra
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Yea, sometimes behaviour patterns emerge in mutations and other experiments that are nothing less than mystifying.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

So, you're sure whatever was stalking you is destroyed?
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

No, unfortunately I'm not. I'm only sure that the syphon was destroyed.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Doh :(
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Yip.

Though I feel tiny tiny bit of relief I don't want to jinx it.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Well you can add how you can confirm the syphon is destroyed.
Looks like this post was missed, Ron.

Hopefully a story is forthcoming. I wasn't there. I was stuck in Moscow traffic. It's amazing anything gets done.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Yes it was missed. Sorry. And yes there will be a story.

We just need to figure out a way not to reveal classified information that our enemy might use...
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

We've gotta make a second, secure site where we can share secure information... Maybe restrict access to that second site to those who're most trustworthy here, and those who become necessary by "need to know" merits.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I can tell you that none of the info we're restricting will hinder the Society's mission or Lazlo's vision. It's mostly operational information such as where it happened and so forth. It's boring for people who are not interested in sucking Natasha's brain out of her head, but quite telling for those that do.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

I don't like how you put it. It's freaky enough without your odd style of objective assessments.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Brain sucking . . . sounds like we need to add a new critter to the book.

Delta Sierra
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

We do. We've yet to get a life sample to study so we don't know much about it. Write up coming soon. It's a few items down on my TODO list right now.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

All clear. Nothing classified about them. Go ahead whenever you get to them.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Brain Sucker

The easiest physical description is a squid. These creatures are natural telekinetics and hover about five feet up from the ground. This power seems to be automatic and as natural as me walking down the street. They float through the air with their tentacles waving out in front of them seeking brains.

These creatures attack quickly, probably some kind of TK Leap going on, to strike. Once the creature grasps the victim's head it's not long before the other tentacles envelop the head and then large spikes spring out from the tentacles piercing the skull and jabbing into the brain. At this point the victim is dead and falls to the ground if standing. When the brain sucker is done feeding on the brain in mere seconds nothing is left in the skull except maybe some plug of grey matter at the top of the spinal cord. It's quite effective at sucking out more than 95% of the brain from the victim's head.

The brain sucker also absorbs the victim's doubled P.P.E. at the moment of death. It's unclear if it's feeding on this P.P.E. or not, however, it seems to grow stronger with each victim. So it seems likely it does utilise the P.P.E.

We do know that it can operate in darkness and underwater as well as it can in daylight. We assume this includes space, vacuums, and pretty much any other environment.

Their origin is also unknown. There are three popular theories: 1) the CIA and/or KGB experiment and the various subsets of this such as an experiment to create an anti-zombie monster which gone terribly wrong; 2) summoned by arcanists; and 3) enter through dimensional rifts and portals. Of course, there may be some of all three. We just don't know.

These monsters have been found traveling in packs numbering as many as four; usually they are solitary. Good for us because they are extremely dangerous, however, they are not very strong and a well trained martial artist could possibly kill one with a single punch. But they are very hard to hit and the main body is the only way to kill these creatures; if you cut off a tentacle it grows back, fairly rapidly.

Only reports of these monsters that I have found in modern reporting and even ancient grimoires are the highly populated areas of the eastern European plain. That makes sense since these creatures prey exclusively on human beings. If fact they seem to hate animals; a noisy dog could easily cause one to move on down the road to get an easier meal.