I come here hoping to do some research and ask questions

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Nuuuu. One of our towns here produces more blueberries a year than anywhere else in the world ^__^
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

American way of thinking man. In Karelia and even forest outside Petersburg you can sit under a tree and there are hundreds just within arm's reach, so it's a while before you have to move your lazy bum. Karelia rules.
:mrgreen:
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

I grew up (so to speak) in Karelia. The blueberries are nice. The faeries kind of suck. But the real jewel are the Life Water springs. I'll take you to one. That water will knock your socks off, to use one of your favourite American sayings.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Oi those are real?

Man when can we go?
Bert_the_Turtle

Life Water Spring???
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Magical water that flows from these Russian springs deep in the northern forests. They're impossible to find without some serious help from someone that isn't supposed to exist. Well I don't have time for the details at this moment. I promise to tell more soon.
Bert_the_Turtle

Oh, spiffy, look foreward to hearing it ^__^
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Oh, man, I'd love to go, for the blueberries, the faeries, *and* the springs...

Sounds like a little slice of Heaven on Earth.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
DroopyDawg

Post by DroopyDawg »

I could use some heaven, on Earth that is.

Droopy
I am not so much bothered by what I perceive, as by what my mind tells me about what I perceive.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Heaven sounds nice and all, but the entrance requirement will be the death of us all.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

KonThaak wrote:Oh, man, I'd love to go, for the blueberries, the faeries, *and* the springs...

Sounds like a little slice of Heaven on Earth.
As a druid you might not leave.

As a living entity I can't say I'd blame you. It's the most beautiful place on Earth, if you're into that sort of thing.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

I'm in to that sort of thing.

I love Russian north.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I travveled a lot once I got out of the compound, not always by choice, but I really found the badlands of Dakota rather relaxing to be in.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delta Sierra
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

What time of year was it?

A sort of mystic friend of mine toured from Chicago to Devil's Tower in Wyoming which included a stop at South Dakota's Badlands. On his way back to Chicago he stopped one more time in SD's Badlands.

The Lakota Indians have a lot of ritual there in the Badlands (the Lakota Ghost Dancers). Some of the land there is sacred and you're not supposed to go on to it.

Of course, Wounded Knee isn't so far away, too.

Crazy Horse statue (still not complete I think)

Mt Rushmore.

Wind and Jewel Caves.

That's one area of the country I want to tour, I have to say.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Winter, harshest one in 10 years.

The solitude of such an inhospitable place, the strange topography . . . for a while I felt like I was an explorer on another planet . . . which sums up my state of mind after leaving the compound quite well.

Delta Sierra
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Everyone who visits badlands, even the ones in Kansas, almost always say they feel like they're on the Moon or some other planet or on some other world.

I really want to go there.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

If you are looking to get into American Indian lore, that's a rich place to start.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Heaven sounds nice and all, but the entrance requirement will be the death of us all.

Ha, ha, very punny.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

I still say I'd love to visit Russia, someday...

I never got to visit the badlands in Kansas. :/
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

You're always invited.
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

I met Scotty last night. It's a good thing I was never a Star Trek fan, or I might have had preconceived notions. He would have broken them, though.

We got right to work. Nothing found yet, though Clarity did find another lead. Too bad she called me after we had split up. I'll post more as I learn more.
The flesh is willing, and let's hope the spirit's strong.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Good. Keep in touch.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Natasha wrote:You're always invited.

Yes, but I'm not always free... In point of fact, I'm not usually free. :/
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Keep us informed Ethan.

Delta Sierra
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Good luck Ethan.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

Thanks all. I found a freind of a freind of a freind who knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who claims he knows what happened to know a McVay. So we'll see how that pans out in the next few days.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Keep us informed, leave us a way to find you,a nd watch your back.

Delta Sierra
Ethan Skinner

Post by Ethan Skinner »

He decided to meet in a crowd.

Smart, considering he was, in his own words, a man hunted by supernatural forces intent on his ultimate demise.

The crowd happened to be a strip joint.

Not smart, considering he was, in his own words, a man hunted by supernatural forces intent on his ultimate demise.

The room was hazy with smoke and pink lights. I ignored the scantily-clad dancers and the pounding music, scanning the booths for the agreed sign. Sweat glued my collar to my neck. The heat was stifling in this place.

I found the martini glass, with the red ribbon tied carelessly around the stem and the umbrella bent inside, pushed to the edge of a booth's table. Frazier was a nervous paycheck, though he hid it by dawdling a brunette on his knee, while three blondes had their backs in my direction. But he got down to business the minute I flashed the answering signal in the palm of my hand left hand, the other in my pocket.

The three girls glanced behind them at his dissmisal, grinning like eaters of canaries, and left without a fuss. Brownie wanted to stick around, but a glare by me and a nod, complemented by the wad of benjamins passing from him to her convinced her to leave, but not before she had given him a kiss on his wasted neck and murmured something in his ear. I watched her go uneasily.

The warning to repeat anything of the proceeding conversation was taken with grace, I took the cushioned seat next to him, opposite the side Brownie had been. The paneled wall was to our backs. "So talk to me about the elusive detective McVay. How did you know him?"

He shrugged sagging shoulders, unsuccessfully, trying to keep an eye on the hand in my pocket. But he was on my left, and I kept that arm on the table between us. After more coaxing, he started talking.

"Lemme see." He scratched his neck thoughtfully and took a deep drink. "I first met him when he started askin' around 'bout them group of junkies. An' after that, 'bout seven weeks later, he helped bust up that dogfightin' ring..." it was a bit before he got into familiar territory. "I woulda liked to see that haunted house, though..."

I'd definitely have to look that one up.

All throughout the low discussion, he'd scrape his neck with his fingers and peer around the entrance, the people, the windows, and all the exits. I was examining the crowd, too. 1"I wish he woulda been there when those guys, came though. Scary stuff."

I forced my eyes back to him. "Scary? How? Who were these guys?"

Frazier shook his head, his palm clamped to the side of his neck.

"Raphael," he muttered but didn’t answer me further, paused in his attempt to relieve the itch at his neck, his hand now clawing frantically.

"Who is Raphael?" I hissed, damming my paranoia and trying to recapture his attention.

He abruptly stopped his abrasive movements, went rigid, swore under the table, and started fumbling for his pocket.

My eyes did a double-speed typographical report of what he might have seen.

But nobody looked suspicious, nothing revealed itself to my search. He yanked out a leather wallet, pulled out a bunch of bills, tossed them on the table, and escaped the booth quickly. I followed him at a discreet distance, my brows furrowing troughs in my forehead as he clapped his hand to his neck as though smacking a mosquito. Frazier elbowed his way through the doors and into warm night.

The people hardly noticed him as he passed, nor did they give me another look. The contact was easier to follow as he walked down the street, people went out of their way to go the long way around, his obsessive scraping, I could dimly see, was beginning to draw blood.

I quickly shadowed him into the dim alcove back behind the buildings. Frazier stumbled, glanced about frantically, and collapsed with enough for to leave a dent in the concrete.

He was foaming at the mouth and twitching into convulsions even before I kneeled at his side. There was nothing I could do for him, he was dead even while he was playing twister. When I got him to stop at last, I rolled him over and carefully examined him.

Frazier’s entire left jowl was swollen and blotched with veins of infected purple, blistered red, and flecked hints of fuischa. The foam on his lips had run down his cheeks in rivers. I watched my flanks, front, and back as I searched his pockets and commandeered his identification and cellphone. Next came the careful extraction of a few cells from the swollen...mess on the left side of his face, the foam, and the whole medical caboodle. A few pics of him, his body, and the area finished off my too short investigation that night.

I’ll be danimed if I didn’t get that shadowy figure watching from the other end of the alley, though. But he was gone before I could get a pic of him.

And I thought Sundays were supposed to be relaxing.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Very poor choice on his part, the girls in those places and walking the streets are as often as not inhuman.

Delta Sierra
Rain

Post by Rain »

:shock: Raphael? Are you sure that is the name he said?