Long time guest; 1st time poster.

Notices, advisories, and questions answered by official Lazlo Agency staff.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Can be language barrier. "tale" sounds like "fairy tale", by the way, even in Russian a bit, too.

That and we just got done matching body parts of our fallen comrades on an island infested with were-panthers in another dimension.

Kind of sucks to come back and immediately hear someone say "well, it might be possible."
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

A few things.

1. If you had answered Natasha's question a long time ago, we would not have to be talking to each other right now. The good news is, there is still time. So please allow me to just go ahead and cite professional courtesy or even mere common human decancy and ask you once again to pretty please answer Natasha's question.

2. My first name is Kolya. Not Mr.

3. What years of research and investigation have I trampled in five minutes?

4. What remarks shall I refrain from?
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Tony wrote:I almost forgot to ask, what constitutes as a WAR STORY? Can anyone post one?
All there in the description. Experiences with supernatural.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Hi Tony,

War Stories is the forum where we can post our stories about encounters with the supernatural, or just tales we feel need telling.

If y'all are a member, you have access.

Hannah

PS: Most of the people here know for sure the supernatural exists, without a doubt. I am one of those. But I have learned that the vast majority of the world is not. I suppose y'all are migratin' between the two groups. I wish you the ebst of luck and I hope you don't encounter the nasty stuff my Pa has ta fight.
Last edited by Hannah on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I will be who I chose to be.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Tony wrote:I am not going to lower the standards I have put aside for my posted topic. That includes its maturity level. Koyla, there are 667 other topics for you to post under. I am asking that you no longer post here.

If NATASHA asked me a question earlier, then maybe she would as kind as to repeat it for my benefit.

This topic is for serious discussion about the supernatural and paranormal investigation, and the mutual sharing of knowledge.
Though you demand it from Kolya, you not do it yourself. He did everything you ask him to do, but you do nothing back. You speak about "tales" at time we lose friends. You speak about "possbility" when we got real blood all over us. You are the one who is snide and insulting. I am seriously shocked and disappointed a serious researcher and investigator could behave so.

You accuse Kolya of stomping on 10 years of research and refuse to say how? That is neither mature, fair, professional, nor polite.

You ask him to stop swearing, he stops. You say he not stops being "snide" and "insulting". So he asks how he is being so, and you just say, "psha, I am not going to your level, pig." Also neither mature, fair, professional, nor polite.

Kolya was being serious after you said him to be so. That werewolf bar tender girl has serious crush on Bert. All legitimate, fair, and serious conversation there.

Here are two posts seems you missed and unable to find for yourself.

Natasha wrote:Hi Tony. Since you not travel over water, I can give you some names to get into contact with.

Kolya wrote:Anyway, like Natasha said, maybe you want to talk some of our researchers.
Sasha

Post by Sasha »

I do not see how Kolya's questions did not merit answer.

Ptichka, the word "tale" has both positive and negative meanings. I would have certainly found a different, less ambiguous word to use, especially at such a sensitive time as we in.

Let's go eat some bliny?
Волков бояться — в лес не ходить.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Sounds good. I think we done here anyway.
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

To be honest, Tony, you've made a lot of bad assumptions off of initial reactions and what appear to be political viewpoints. You honestly leave the image of the Ivory Tower idealist butting heads with the people actually persuing the truth that you've researched in private.

I have put nearly two decades of research into the paranormal. In all honesty, I probably know more for my independent research and true field work than you've learned through your studies. I have learned a few things from all of that.

One, people do NOT want to know these things are true. Most people would gladly leave werewolves and vampires to the realms of fantasy and bad movies. It's much more comfortable to believe that you live in a nice and safe world, where demons and monsters only exist on the TV screen.

Two, this is NOT normal Crypto-zoology. Most of the creatures we look for are highly aggressive and look at humans as just another specie of prey. Going after them armed and prepared to kill is not paranoia, it is simple defensive thinking. Assuming that they are misunderstood or benign rarely works. Hell, I could bring up that researcher into Grizzly bears who ended up killed and eaten by one of the very animals he idealized.

Three, not all of us are researchers. A handful of people here are actual scholars, researchers into the paranormal. Most are different degrees of field operative, running from police and detectives to paramilitary operatives. That we gather together to share information is something more aimed towards mutual survival, rather than taking careful case studies.

Some of us are harsh and abrasive at times. We have personal differences in opinion and style. We work together as a community because we believe that people need to be defended by things and people that see them as nothing more than pawns. And we don't get involved in purely human affairs, political stands and moralistic terrorism. We deal with things that most people are unable or unwilling to face, and we do it so that they don't have to.

Finally, I believe you owe Ron and Koyla an apology. You made rather rude assumptions towards their personal character because of their style of behavior. Ron is not a threat to other people just because he has a gun, and Koyla has quite a bit more real-world experience than you do. In this, you are the one placing our years of research at risk with your five minutes of reactions.

I hope you can come to understand all of this, and to look into the details we have already given out publicly. As you have said, there are numerous other threads around the board, most of which might answer quite a few questions, or raise new ones. Feel free to ask those questions on the appropriate threads. Just don't demand that we behave other than how we normally do.

-AG
Last edited by AdamaGeist on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Uh oh, now someone has gone and got the ruskies mad at them.

Kolya and Co. are good people Tony.
Konrad Andreas is at peace. I am something new.

WWVLD
Sophoroto

Post by Sophoroto »

Ok Mr. Greydawn left for a bit so I can finish saying, good to have you here and if you want proof that the supernatural/paranormal exist then you can come here to the estate and I can show you my magic, or Mr. Greydawn could show you his home deminsion which is a parallel earth or something like that. He came here about 10 years ago I think. I was to young to rember when my parents and him started hanging out together.

Goto go before he catches me using the computer.
Following in the steps of good men.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

AG, GS, thanks for the calm and logic and well stated posts. I envy you, and we "ruskies" respect the work that you have done and do.

And Sophoroto is already fun to watch. We cannot wait to see his development under Greydawn... should be amazing.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

I can't help but get the image of a little boy thinking "uh oh daddy's home" when I read one of Sophoroto's posts. :lol:

WWVLD
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Or for that matter I would be happy to take you with me to a area I can cut loose a little to demonstrat not all is as it seems. I like to belive my magic is something to be impressed by when I do cut free.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Uh, Mike. Were you talking to me or Tony?

WWVLD
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Sorry to Tony, I was offering to provide some proof that magic is real. Not in a harmful way just a demostration. I don't want any one to mistaken that part of my post for something malicous.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

You know Tony, when I get my body back (and kicked the Voice's ass) I'd like to invite you to come and spend some time journeying around with my team. Seems like we're always busy now and days, and it would be a great oppurtunity for some first hand experience with some beasties. Not to mention magic, cults, and all kinds of weird supernatural stuff.

Just a friendly offer.

WWVLD
Hit Squirrel

Post by Hit Squirrel »

HI TONY! Welcome to The Lazlo Society. I hope you like it here. I am sorry I have to go so quickly bt Rodney has got his head stuck in the drain again. Bye Bye! :)
I work for peanuts!
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Rodney has his head stuck in a drain? Again? :? I am afraid to ask?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
GhostSpider

Post by GhostSpider »

Who is Rodney..and..why..does..he..stick his..head in drains.

What the hell?

Suddenly everything seems to be slowing..down.

WWVLD
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Is he a human or a squirrel?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

To fit his head down most drains, I am guessing not human? As for is he a Squirrel, maybe?
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yea, she seems to have plenty of non-human buddies.
The Traveler King

Post by The Traveler King »

Natasha wrote:Is he a human or a squirrel?

I would assume Rodney to be a squirrel. The nephew and niece are over and have been watching a show on Cartoon Network about a squirrel by that name.
Hit Squirrel

Post by Hit Squirrel »

HI EVERYBODY!

It me Hit Squirrel. I know its late and all my friends are crashing here tonight. I got Rodney's head out of the drain. Silly Raccoon. He still is my bestest friend in the whole wide world. I gave him a shiney magic ring that allows him to talk too. All my friends are able to talk too now thanks to The Great White Owl. Thank you White Owl. He is such a good egg. Hehe :)
I want to try my new stuff in the field so does anyone need my help? Oops. My popcorn is done. I gotta go. I like to mx it with peanuts and those litte chocolate chips. It is so tasty. Where can I find adate to the Spring Dance in May? I want to go but I need a date. I see all the humans go and they look like they have such a good time. I want to go this year and I ca thanks to my new ring. Oh my popcorn. I have to go now guys. Talk to you later. Bye Bye.
I work for peanuts!
The Dark Voice

Post by The Dark Voice »

Well, now that you ask, yes.

You sir, are blinded by hubris. Like so many other academics I have met through the centuries.

I can give you the answers to the questions you have asked. I can show you the shadowy world you have only barely glimpsed at.

PM me if your interested.
By the hands of you fools, my Master shall be freed.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Hit Squirrel is the real deal. Maybe you should turn him into a squirrel HS :lol:
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Um Tony I realize the Idea of a talking Squirrel may seem far fetched, but she is quite real, and a friend to several people here on these boards.
fate

Post by fate »

I would be delighted to fish with you and give you some comments for your book. Don’t worry about the lake, it’s one of the calmest lakes around, that’s why me and Ben like it so much. Now do we start when I was stalking the jungles of South America or when we nuked Abadon?

Please don’t be alarmed by my appearance. I recently lost an eye and my left hand, on the up side the lode stone that was used to heal me gave me back my youth. I’ll be the twenty something man waiting at the tackle shop. I’ll send you a PM with my address.
aut vincere aut mori=Either to conquer or to die
Greydawn

Post by Greydawn »

Mr. Fate it is good to see that you have regained your health and are doing well.
There is a time for life and a time for death, Find the balance.
fate

Post by fate »

Thank you Greydawn, it’s been to long since we’ve seen each other. From the way it sounds you have your hands full these day’s.

Maybe all the members of the society that can make it should make there way up to Main this weekend and we can have dinner at my cabin.

Oh and thanks for having the place cleaned up Ben. If you need a place to stay until your place is put right again you are more then welcomed. Let me know
aut vincere aut mori=Either to conquer or to die