What Dreams are made of OR Answer to he mystery of the Sock

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Now wait a minute, Kelly and I didn't do anything. I'm a Gentleman Turtle. In fact nothing happened between me and any of the women you guys rattled off.

And no one is more disappointed about that than me. :lol:
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ok we will take your word for it, for now. :wink:
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Sorry Bert, but I ain't buyin' that horsepucky one bit. You're already hittin' on Natasha there. The man just can't keep it in his draws :D
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Bert_the_Turtle

Ok Ben, think of it this way: If I'm lying then I'm twice the playboy you pretend to be. :lol:
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Maybe Ben is just haveing a bad case of transferal.
Razor

Post by Razor »

How am I 'bad' Shades? ... what is this 'bad' you speak of anyway?
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:Now wait a minute, Kelly and I didn't do anything. I'm a Gentleman Turtle. In fact nothing happened between me and any of the women you guys rattled off.

And no one is more disappointed about that than me. :lol:
You only regret the ones you did not bag.

Perhaps 'always' is a little too strong, especially while sitting in the clinic's waiting room....
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Bert_the_Turtle

Hahaha! Too true Kolya. :lol:
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Let me see if I can get out a bit more of this story.
Well as I said Bert and I, had started running down the hall. We found a place that seemed safe for the moment, so we took a sometime to get our bearings. Also it was a fair bit warmer there than when we were in D.C. so we removed and bagged our winter coats.
I took a chance and Reached out with my senses to get a better feel for where we were. The place was massive, I could feel the presense of other beings and portals everywhere. There were also waves of Hate, sarrow, pain, and twisted delite, comeing from one particular direction. At the time I felt it was best to go away from that.
Then we heard what could only be some kind of alarm. We assumed it was for us, so we started moveing again,but Bert decided to leave a few gifts for anyone after us. In the form of his Tear Gas Grenades, set on a trip wire. I thought it couldn't hurt.
I tried to lead us to the nearest portal, when we got there it was guarded rather heavily by Monsters, that I came to understand later are called the Children, humans who have had their bodies warped by this place, and there Minds and souls warped by the ones that held power here.
I was unsure of how wise it would have been to confront them, so I suggested we leave and try for a differant portal. But we tried four more times each time the same as the first. Also in each case we found at least a few of the monsters carrying guns of one kind or another.
It was after the fourth attempt that our luck went bad, we were seen, and so we were on the run again. But this time we started shooting as they had started shooting at us. As we were leading the monsters on a merry chase through the halls of that place, we turned a corner and found a cloaked figure that raised a hand in a gesture, and behind us a Globe of Daylight spell came into being. We heard screams again from around the corner and some clothes fell at the corner as well? The Figure said "fallow me if you wish to live."
I felt no hostil intent towards us form the figure, but I looked at Bert and shrugged, he looked at me and said " What have we got to lose?" The figure said "Hurry Now!" So we fallowed.
We were lead to a room that was secured. It was then that we got to see our rescuer, She droped the Cloak to reveal a Young woman with cat like features wearing a Flappers outfit, right out of a old gangster Movie. Oh when I say she had cat like features, I am talking Cat ear, eyes, tail, claws, and such. But she was also alot more human looking than the rest we had seen so far.
She said "Hi there my name is Tabitha, my friends call me Tabby. Who are you fellows and do either of you have a Chocolate bar?
I will try to do some more on this later.
Bert_the_Turtle

Thankfully I usually keep a couple of chocolate bars on me.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Let me guess, for just such as occasion, huh Bert. :D
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Chocolate is like a spare magazine... you know never know when it will save your life ;)
Bert_the_Turtle

Chocolate Bars, Bubblegum, and Matches can get you into a lot of places. And out of more.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I carry chocolate too . . . it's a good energy oost as a survival ration and I often rescue children and the chocolate calms them down and makes them feel better.

Gotta make sure it's peanut free of course.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Of course. Just a solid milk chocolate bar. That caffeinated gum I gave ya is a pretty good "boost" too :!:
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'd rather the cocolate. The Caffine gum just provides a stimulant -- the chocolate provids fuel and stimulant.

Delta Sierra
Razor

Post by Razor »

Yes! Caffinated gum is awesome. I also like cocolate covered coffee beans for a good boost. I also like green tea gum too. It's fairly good, and is damn good for ya, especially helping to filter out stuff like last night's trip to the bar.

Oh, speaking of... Ashikage, before I leave, I gotta try Red Tip.

However, I don't know how it would affect my powers... but trippin' ballz for a week and a half to two weeks would be awesome.

(Red tip is a legal but extremely expensive drink in Japan.)
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Bert_the_Turtle

Well Ron, next time I come to D.C. i'll bring ya caffeinated chocolates.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Sounds like you might be in DC sooner than later, too.
Bert_the_Turtle

Hopefully.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Well the hunt for Hannah could use more eyes and legs.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I will be back there, later tonight I think.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Good.

Delta Sierra
Holister

Post by Holister »

Howdy, well I've been 'drink" free since last week, so what I do for an energy boost with the right amount of kick is two cans of Red Bull, a 20oz Mounatin Dew, followed by a few No Doze. The extra caffine acts as an attitite supresant and keeps yoa goin' all night long. The caffine headache that comes along after it wears off is a bitch, but that is the price one must pay for vigilance. :D
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Just be carefuly you caffine junkies, too much caffine can be almost as bad for you as too much alcohol - and it's more addictive.

It also has a nasty habit of making you make bad decisions and decreasing your accuracy with firearms.

Delta Sierra
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Stimulants make me antsy and impair my abilities.

I get pretty amped naturally so nothing needed here.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Caffine used to give me the shakes. Still can sometimes. I rarely consume it in those kinds of amounts anymore. I've found that my own focus keeps me awake, that and I learned a trick of being able to burn Chi and ISP to keep me awake. Produces a wierd mental noise like buzzing or frying, but really its more of an impression. Works well though.

If you've got the Dragon Chi ability, which is basically pulling Chi from the area, you can stay up for long long long time. I once went a week before I felt any ill effects.
Bert_the_Turtle

Ben, that's crazy-dangerous levels of caffein. I just like a quick pick me up that caffeinated gum, or mints, or candy can give me over, say, chugging a couple cans of Mt. Dew.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Roma carries a tube of cake icing... he also has some in his medical bag.
Holister

Post by Holister »

What can I say, it calms me down and keeps me alert and goin'. Sides, if I need to counter it, I just have a few shots of whiskey followed by an ice cold beer.