Trouble down under

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Sounds like health officials are keepin' a tight wrap on everything as not to create a mass panic within the public. If thats the case, see if CDC is snoopin' round.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Razor

Disturbing...

Post by Razor »

I would love to, but I cant get off campus at a whim, and well... I don't have a viable target to RV on. I might ask a few of the college people on campus, but... that might push my luck a little bit.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Holister

Post by Holister »

See what ya an learn withou gettin caught. I got someone at Langley that owes me a favor. Ill check into the CDC angle. If there is an epidemic, or the possibility of one, it won't be too hard to miss
there presence.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Razor

The official side

Post by Razor »

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=5956481

Conveniently this link was on the front page of the station's news site.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Good job Razor. The CDC was called in. Don't know why though. Im still waitin' to hear back from Penderghast, he a bit aloof, but a good connection to have. Keep on it, there may be connection to the Austrailian outbreak. Migration, cross contamination, some link.
I suck with tech-data, if you can handle that end Ill see what else I can learn.

When ever the goverment doen't release info, it something bad that don't want to panic the public with.
Razor

Hrmmmmm

Post by Razor »

What really is bugging me, is KXAN seems to be the only people even mentioning it. I yahoo'd it and that was all I came up with, other than a bunch of crap about Bird Flu in indonesia, and of course the occurence in Western Austrailia.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Ben, if it were a virus, they'd have locked down every last person in both locations, mass panic be damned. Better to lose a city than to lose a nation.

Besides, if the two incidents are related, it would have to be through paranormal means. I recall the second news story posted mentioned that the birds involved have different diets...and take into account that the two events happened literally at opposite ends of the Earth. If it were migratorial, there'd be a lot of lesser incidents all over the place.

So we're still at square one, trying to hypothesize what it could be, and figure out if those hypotheses hold any water.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Holister

Post by Holister »

I wouldn't be too quick to go shoutin paranormal on this one KT, the CDC does not get called out for no reason. As for for panic, a city wide panic, hell a state or country wide panic would kill and injure more people than the disease. If it is a limited and quarentined case, they'll keep it under wraps, close surveillance, and continue to track the disease. Right now the CDC in D/FW is only at orange alert for Bird Flu. Once it reaches yellow they go into public address to warn the masses of a "possible" risk to the population. If it hits red, then they start askin' for a city wide evac and establish martial law.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Ron Caliburn wrote:Makes me wonder if htat weather machine has been turned back on.

You weren't by chance referring to HAARP were you, Ron?
Holister

Post by Holister »

Razor wrote: You weren't by chance referring to HAARP were you, Ron?

Uh, guys, why would a senior citzen group have a Weather Machine. I know they help with medicine and towing for seniors, but what would they need a weather machine for, I don't get it.
Razor

Post by Razor »

HAARP.... High Altitude Auroral Research Project. Look it up.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Oh, my bad, I got confused with AARP. Now it makes sense. 8-)
Razor

Post by Razor »

No problem, Ben... I figured that was what the deal was. :P
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

Wait, HAARP... Wasn't that the fake lazer platform from Remo Williams?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Razor wrote:
Ron Caliburn wrote:Makes me wonder if htat weather machine has been turned back on.

You weren't by chance referring to HAARP were you, Ron?

No, I'm referring to the thing that PSC27 gave his life trying to stop last year.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Razor

Post by Razor »

Oh, THAT weather machine. ... That was kinda shitty
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Terribly so
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
A. Pendragon

Post by A. Pendragon »

Razor wrote:HAARP.... High Altitude Auroral Research Project. Look it up.
You mean the research facility located in the northern wilderness of Alaska? I heard of it. I would rather try and crack the vatican.
Fear the night because the night doesn't fear YOU!!!
Something that I have learned in my life: The dead just dont stay dead.
Freedom isn't as free as we have been taught!
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

I remember reading the AARs about the weather control machine. That was tragic.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна