Killin' Time

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Ok, I really can't wait to meet Rhonda and find out what's going on.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Fae speak something that sounds similar to Gaellic...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Fae? You sayin' my sister is some kinda faerie?

If you said that about my brother I'd have to hurt ya :D
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

That could put an interesting spin on things also my linguist said it did sound like Gaelic it just wasn't save for a word or two that may have the same meaning?
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Without some kind of rosetta stone, it's impossible to tell.

And Ron, we have every reason to believe that my wife was a faerie in her most recent previous life. I don't find it too hard to believe. Though very much understood about your brother. ^_~ Doeth he need rethcuing, too? *prepares for the pain*

And Shadow, are you absolutely sure you're remembering everything she said right? I've studied four foreign languages (including one dead one), and I still find it hard to remember things people said exactly in English, let alone in other languages, and nearly impossible to remember what someone said in a language I don't even understand. Maybe it really is Gaellic, and you're just misremembering a bit...? You did only hear it once, after all...
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

KT you may be right If I was someone else but I have a Nack for remembering details and was able to recite the verse myself, not to mention I took my time and listened for a time before I made my presence knowen. But I am still human hence that mean able to be wrong, I just don't think I am.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ok everyone now that we have things taken care of up in Maine some of us are returning to tasks we were already involved with. Fact is I never stopped but I thought it was a good idea not to give certain parties any reson to try and be a bigger pain then they were already being so I didn't post the details. For those who were paying attention that is one of the resons I seemed to go missing so often. Quick update I had been checking in on Rhonda on a semi-regular basis, for the most part it was just me popping in and checking on her and updating her on how the plans were going, and her informing me of the normal day to day routine of the compound. Nothing major other than what i have come to expect, and for those who have come late to this story that means a strange feeling that there is something else in her dreams besides just her, and other bits of well how should I put this. Hmmm Ok even takeing in the fact that I am dealing with Rhonda in a Dream state and logic and thing like the idea of normal don't apply, well let me state that at a few points I found myself a little werided out. I'll Give you the highlights, a few days ago I entered her dreams and found myself in a War Zone. The compound was being attacked by black clad kinda demonic looking people carrying heavy fire power. I think they were dream personas representing the goverment the Men in Black makes sense when you remember where she is comeing from. But there was something else going on as well it felt as if they were being directed I don't Know maybe it could have been a real bad nightmare but I wonder if it may have been something else. Ok to the details I helped Rhonda fight off the nightmare but I wasn't alone, Ron does Rhonda have any pictures of you that are recent because I found myself fighting back to back with someone that looked alot like you but not quite. Well we cleared the field of opponents and the whatever it was faded thou I think I know now what I may have been feeling as the other presense, because I'm not sure but there was much more to this persona than normal. After this I found Rhonda she was understandablly distressed I tried to consol her but she was not going for it because she wanted to know if I was for real or a figment of her dreams, and that she was deluding herself with thoughts that she would be able to leave. Basicly she wanted me to prove that I was real and that the plans for Her escape were real or she wouldn't deal with me anymore. As you may think this presented me with a problem but not an impossible one, lets just say I proved that I was real but I'm not going to explain how for resons of that would be tipping my hand to much incase someone is watching these boards. There was another situation that croped up as well, Umm Ron I think Rhonda has a crush on me the reson I say this is recently on a visit to check on her I found her in well a Oboy don't know if I want to say this, I found her in a tryst with a dream persona of well me this lead to more than a little embaresment for both of us. Ron my word to you I didn't do anything to facilate this I didn't see it comeing thou maybe I should have. Well execpt for some small bumps in the road all things are going well.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Yeah the dream sounds pretty typical. I had similar nightmares growing up. The tales we were told of the outside world encouraged them.

As for something directing it, I have no idea what, where or how.

As for me being in there - she hasn't seen me in person since she was 3 or 4 and I have changed quite a lot since then. She doens't hae any recent phots.

That being said, I do have a certain resemblence to Pa.

As to other matters, those will be handled in a PM.

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Yeah I told Rose about what I found and well lets just say she found it funny. Actually what she found most funny was that I didn't see it comeing, Particularly after I gave her the full details of all my encouters, Her basic statement was and I quote" For a sesnsitive you can be as thick as a brick sometimes." to be honest she is right I should have seen it from the start and even to lookout for it, Basicly because as Rose and a few other have put it I am kinda good looking and can be charming, and on top of that Rose figures that I represent a odd form of rebellion for Rhonda not only because of the fact that I represent escape for her but also because I'm well not someone her family would accept. So sorry about the situation Ron I should have been more careful, Rose thinks its just a rebellious teen crush and it is no big thing and I promise not to do anything to compound problems truth is Rhonda was kinda embaresed about it as well I don't think it will be an issue. Oh the plan is on track will keep you in the loop Ron later.
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

Infatuations are irrelivant. Shouldn't the focus instead be on the rescue we are aiming to attempt?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

You are right but such things are something to be aware of because they can cause problems, more so if you are not aware of them so we are ahead of the game on that front.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Adama - I think Shadow worried that not reporting something like that might get him shot in the foot by Ron at a later point.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I usually don't aim for feet . . .

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

I'd be worried Ron'd be aiming at something higher.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Ron things went Wrong! I'm not even sure what happened, good news nobody is dead or hurt badly, bad news Rhonda is still there also I think we may have a new problem. I give the details later right now I'm still recovering.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetin's From Maine

Dude...you don't get with your buddy's sister...it just ain't right. You're lucky he don't come askin for retribution. Ive seen many a shotgun wedding casue of it.
Well, not me personally, other guys, you get the points.

PS: Whats up with Ron's sis anyway?
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Damnit Shadow. Don't leave me hanging like that.

You sure she's okay? You sure no collatoral damage?

This is my family, don't make me wait.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

C'mon, Shadow... Where the hell'd you go?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Sorry about that Ron, as I said I also needed time to recover I just got back from Checking on Rhonda and everyone else. Rhonda is fine if more than a little freaked but fine otherwise, afew people got hurt but nothing life threatening the worst was your dad right shoulder dislocated right arm broke and a major knot on his head. Mostly I should point out that no one is dead because I was doing my damndest to keep the thing from killing anybody. Oh yeah I guess I should explain what the thing I'm talking about was, you remember that Dream persona that mentioned before the one that looked like you Ron, well it showed up outside of Rhonda's Dream's and was pissed. I'll give details later on how it did this but first the nasty parts it is inhumanly strong, it regenerates and it has power's not the least of all was this thing was slinging spells. I hurt the thing bad enough that it fled but I think we will here from it again. I'll post a full story of what happened in war stories as soon as I can. Ron we need to talk.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

...What the hell? Dream persona just sorta came out of her ear and started trashing the place?

...Okay, I'll just wait for the full story. This sort of thing isn't completely unprecedented, but I've never heard of it happening without a lot of outside help.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

It had very powerful outside help and I am the damn fool that supplied it. To explain this I should inform you of some of the details of the plan that I had worked out with Ron and a detail about myself. First this plan involved useing a rather powerful artifact that allows among other things the user to become a astral being, of course this took some some long explanations and a few examples of how this works before Ron gave a reluctent OK on the idea, and that was because I had a safety net plan in place in the form of others already projecting astraly to watch and guide her. This included Adama and a couple of the members of my team but as some of you are aware Adama is still dealing with issues from Maine so he was unable to help, maybe if he was there things would not have gone quite so wrong, it is a mote poiint. In case some of you are wondering how many of these things do I have and how did I get it to her. Well the answer is one and here is the info on me I don't astraly project I Astraly Transfer that means I become a astral being for a time Ron was already been informed of this info not long after our first meeting. this was how I would get to Rhonda give her the item and leave myself, that was the plan no heroics no issues in out gone. But things didn't work that way as I said the item has other powers and one of them is th ability to create and open gates. The Entity that I have come to understand is something called a Liveing Nightmare, took control of Rhonda for a moment and used this power to release itself and that is where things went wrong. As I said I will give the full details later.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

So this living nightmare thing was living insid her? Now it's out loose?

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

The way I had it explained to me these things come about because a young person with power or potential power is in a situation where they are in the midst of conflict or in conflict about their power's. Sound like anyone we know. Rhonda told me a couple of times that she was thrilled and scared of the idea of leaveing the compound, she also was a little worried about how she was going to deal with liveing with you Ron, all resonable concerns but you add in the awakening of her powers and the fact that because of them her family would perchance reject her or worse I think I understand where it came from. I also understand that I may have underestimated her power levels. And lastly yes this thing is now running loose out there somewhere.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Not a terrible loss. These things can be dealt with. The easiest way to deal with them is to send them back where they came from. While inside a person's dreams, Living Nightmares and other dream personas can't hurt the person whose dreams they're inside, other than mentally...and that kind of damage is usually fairly easy to fix.

Of course, the fact that it's gotten away and is now AWOL makes doing something like that just a teensy more difficult. I'll do what I can to identify and track it from here.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Any help is willingly accepted, thankfully this thing did not get the chance to do what others like it have done before, that is that these things like to kill the person that they came from, So as to avoid the situation KT talked about. Now for the next bit of bad news these things are able to enter the dreams of other people and cause all kinds of problems, and yes this is in addition to the threat this already poses. Oh by the way Ron after this things comeing out party, I wouldn't go within even Rifle range of the compound if I were you remember it looked kinda like you with some shall we say some fiendish touches.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Wait a minute . . . did you say this thing looked like me?

Delta Sierra
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Yeah remember this is the same thing I saw in Rhonda's Dream before it is actually more a mix of you and a younger version of your father. Not truely either of you yet both and if you aren't paying close attention it could pass for you Ron.
Bert_the_Turtle

That's not good. That's very not good. Ron, is there anything that would distinguish you from this thing if someone who didn't know you too well ran into it? Tatoo? Birthmark? Password? Scars?
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

You mean besides the fact this thing shouldn't know anything about what Ron has done and who he Knows from the past ten Year's. I was more worried about what it could do to people in general, but Bert raises a good point thou I think it would be more an issue to people you have had minimal dealings with, I think anyone who has regular dealings with Ron shouldn't have a problem, but I wouldn't say it couldn't happen.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I try to keep from having identifying makrs like tattoos and piercings. I don't have any signifigant, recent scars in places easily accessible.

I suggest you ask me stuff about the boards that doesn't relate to my past or the rescue attempt of my sister, it houldn' know that but you and me should.

Or ask it who Ron Caliburn is. If it don't know, it ain't me. I adopted that name only a few years ago and haven't shared it with the family.

Delta Sierra