Need help

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
AdamaGeist

Post by AdamaGeist »

Well, my turn to speak up for a moment... I knew Kon-Tiki was going to want to focus on the caster, and with all the backup we had serving as a distraction, I got KT to head over and join the fight, while I started do cast some spells to disrupt the barriers. Took me a little bit to shatter the first crystal, but I was damn glad to do it, just looking at the damn thing was giving me a headache. But broke it did, and that's when all hell started breaking loose.
Celeste Darken

Celeste's side of the fight

Post by Celeste Darken »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote: After a few minutes of that Celeste appeared but didn't wish her presence reported.

Bert makes it sound so . . . subtle.

I had just finished feeding and was hurrying back as fast as I could.

Just my luck the attack had happened when I was momentarily out. I was on the wrong side of Konthaak’s abode, so a quick leap and run took me to the roof where I could scope out the battle better and find out where I would be the most beneficial. Willie and his . . . “posse” had things pretty well covered, and the zombies would pose no threat. Bert was taking on a vampire solo, though Konthaak was running toward them with a strange shortsword in hand . . . Claw, I suppose.

I decided I had better help out against the vampire.

The truth of the matter was . . . I lost my head completely and bowled into the damned creature the moment I spotted it. I was reminded of the rage and frustration I feel at the loss of my humanity. I recalled every hellish rumor and tale of the undead bloodsuckers.

I wanted it to feel the pain that I felt upon learning of my condition. I wanted it to understand that undeath is no picnic. I wanted to hear it scream in agony, plead for mercy, beg forgiveness for each victim it had fed upon, for each child it had murdered, as I tore out its heart and ripped off its head.

That didn’t quite happen. I remember flailing at it with everything I had, everything I remembered learning in martial arts when I had been human. The thing was going to die under my assault, I swore in my anger. Its surprise at the wrath of my attack quickly gave way as it realized I was no ally; it let off on trying to recruit me to its cause when I smashed its ribs in with a roundhouse kick and blindsided it with an elbow to the temple, putting out its eye and not letting it grow it back.

Bert brought me back to my senses. “Come on an’ show your face, you—”

It was good to hear his profanity, though through my frenzy I had no idea whether that blue streak of air was directed at me or at the filth I was trying to pulpify. Reining in my rage, I deftly veered course and slowly drove it back to the yard, striking it too often to let it heal. Then Bert, Konthaak, and Willie came charging for it. I snapped it into a full nelson, feeling pleasurable when its arms cracked under my pressure. With the damage I had inflicted on it too extensive to heal instantly and three more hunters come to destroy it, the abomination would surely die.

But then it disintegrated into mist.

I watched on silently as the police came; it is not hard to hide from disbelieving mortals.
Death isn’t a state of nothingness. It’s a journey. What path are you forging?
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Hey guys, sorry I haven't made it there yet. I ran into a bit of a situation on my way up involving a truck stop and nearby cemetry that was over capacity (Hallowe'en of ocurse). The end result is Bad guys 0, Ron 47 - though my RV is out of comission for a few days while I wait for parts. Fortunately the owner of the truck stop is putting the repairs, room and board on his tab.

End result is I'm stuck halfway between No and Where.

At any rate, glad to hear things have been taken care of.
Last edited by Ron Caliburn on Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Damn, I can't wait to hear that story.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Heh... Well, back to the guy's house for a bit...

When Adama shattered that crystal was the moment that things went from looking up for our side to things going terribly, terribly wrong.

It got cold, bonechillingly so, as it usually does when there are any number of negative energy entities in the area. They were no longer being tortured, but they had a lot of anger to unleash... The vials over the four corpses shattered, and they openned their eyes. Now, in addition to the ghouls that were moving in on us like dogs on a rabbit, we had four genuine zombies to deal with, too. The Frankenfugly at the back started stirring, too, and much to my nauseated disgust, it started consuming spirit energy...

I was thankful I'd had the foresight to cast my armor spell on Adama, Bert and Shadow's team, and I started fighting the ghouls. I still heard the growling from the cellar, and I knew I had to conserve what energy I had to calm them down if the dogs were set on us. As a druid, animals are considered innocents to me, and I wanted to try for a 0 Body Count for innocents that were alive when we arrived...

I got to hear Elliot chanting for a spell, and over the course of the fight, realized I recognized a full half of the symbols he'd been using, and a fear I'd only confided in Adama and Willie was realized... This guy wasn't an ordinary necromancer. He was a dark druid.

I almost didn't feel the dark aura in the room. I don't even know who shouted the warning, but I heard someone shout "Bert! Behind you!" Glancing over, I saw a guy in a tux walking calmly to Bert from his 6. I remember shouting for Celeste, realizing that I hadn't seen her yet and hoping it was just 'cuz we were busy dealing with an outbreak of Hell...
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
Willie Long

Re: Celeste's side of the fight

Post by Willie Long »

Celeste Darken wrote:...everything I remembered learning in martial arts when I had been human....

I watched on silently as the police came; it is not hard to hide from disbelieving mortals.

When they left you shoulda come out and said hello. I could have given you some pointers, too. Shit, I promised KT I'd do the same sometime... well, I'm hoping to get back before Friday. We can schedule something then.

Ron Caliburn wrote:The end result is Bad guys 0, Ron 47 - though my RV is out of comission for a few days while I wait for parts.

I agree with Bert: I can't wait for that story.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

I don't know about anybody but I think we should move this to the War Stories at this point if nobody has an objection.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.