first post of paranoia

A place where members can debate rumors and claims of conspiracies, cover-ups and secret government activities.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Yes, I'm aware.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

DroopyDawg wrote:Heck, America even proves that Democracy has issues when the group gets too big.

Wrong. America isn't a Democracy; it's not even a Democratic Republic... It's pretty much purely a Republic. Remember that vow they make us take in grade school? It wasn't "and to the Democracy for which it stands"...

I won't go into the political reasons people started calling us a Democracy, because I don't want to get into the political debates...and politics is all BS, anyway. All I'll say is, if you want a Democracy, move to Australia or New Zealand.
I am not A bitch...I am THE bitch. And to you, I'm MS Bitch.
DroopyDawg

Post by DroopyDawg »

Hence the statement I made. The founding fathers attempted to base our government on the democratic practices of the Greeks, a Representative Democracy. Since then the bureaucracy has grown to such a point that the bureaucracy needs a bureaucracy just to keep it running. I don’t know too much about the governments in other countries, but I do know if the government is not “One person, one vote,” then they are not a true democracy and most societies are too big to support this.

Droopy
I am not so much bothered by what I perceive, as by what my mind tells me about what I perceive.
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Australia's damn close... New Zealand has mandatory voting on issues in the elected houses at least twice a year--though you can choose which issues you wish to vote on, just so long as for twice a year, you send in a vote on some issue or other. That's in addition to electing representatives, without the "hanging chads" problem (which I think is still a load of BS that they wouldn't count those) (and they avoid the problem by having handwritten ballots), and without an "electoral college", where the electors have the right to vote against the public's decision.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Thanks for the civics lesson . . . don't we have monsters to stomp?
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
KonThaak

Post by KonThaak »

Hey, I'm just sayin', someday it might be nice to have a contact down there...or be a contact down there. 0: ) As I understand it, we don't know anyone down in that part of the world...

Though it'd be hard as hell leaving y'all behind...
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

I'm sure you'll get over it when you're digging out from the next blizzard.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra