Roll Call

General discussions of issues of the paranormal affecting our community. A place where you can ask questions, and others will offer answers.
Drannin Hesh

Post by Drannin Hesh »

The name's Drannin, most folks just call me by my last name: Hesh. I'm a gumshoe but not just some ordinary dick, see? I investigate the paranormal, the supernatural, those things that turn people's hair white, the things that go bump in the night. I don't call New Temperance my home, I call it a steady paycheck. There's always weird things happening here. I've heard lots of crazy ideas why so many strange things happen here but one story I heard seems to strike me as more likely than the rest. I was following a lead on a murder which brought me into an old Chinese apothecary's shop. We got to talking and he told me about these things called "Dragon Lines" that criss-cross the land in places of power and cause the fabric of reality to be a little different...Far fetched? Maybe...but I've seen some things that defy explanation so I ask you this: you got a better idea?
Razor

RE: Dragon Roads

Post by Razor »

Dragon Roads, my gumshoe, are very real. If you feel up for details, I could fill you in on what I know.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Victor Woodruff

Post by Victor Woodruff »

Um, well.

My name is Victor Woodruff. I live in Poplar Bluff, Missouri. I drive a cab, mostly at night. I've seen some weird things, but nothing like what some of you guys claim to have seen. Maybe I'm not looking the right way though.

Anyway, I'm single, no girl right now at all. It's hot out. That's about all for now.
J. Victor Woodruff
Bert_the_Turtle

Post by Bert_the_Turtle »

Welcome to the boards. Driving around at night I'm surprised you haven't seen more. Things tend to be sedate around here but there's no better place to be when Supernatural comes calling.
Dym, Ваша боль будет вечна
Sam Kinsley

Post by Sam Kinsley »

Hullo, my name is Samantha Kinsley, but please call me Sam. I have a very unique connection to the supernatural, you see I'm able to speak with the spirits that most people don't even realize are there. I make a modest living as a professional, but for every believer, there are ten others that say I'm nothing but an actress. I'm sure you all have faced that sort of frustration...

Will, my spirit guide, has been by my side since I was a little girl. When I was six, I once wandered away from my parents while on holiday. Will found me crying and helped me find my mum and dad again. I tried to explain it to them, but my parents thought I had made him up, that Will was an imaginary friend. They still have a hard time understanding.

I moved away from Cornwall to study in Boston, and I've been here ever since. With the city's historical background, I always seem to have work to keep me busy.
Bert_the_Turtle

Welcome to the boards! Yeah, with one or two skeptics as exceptions, everyone here, I think, has had to deal with those kinds of detractors.
Razor

re:

Post by Razor »

Welcome to the boards, and the community Sam. It's always good to see a fresh new face. We're all pretty friendly, despite our backgrounds here. Nobody here bites.... much, unless ya want 'em to! :D Anyway, pleased to meet ya.
Secrets and secrets, truth and lies, but which is which? Not knowing is the way to die.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

looks like this is the place where you "take roll" so to speak. I am Shang Li. Having had grown up in a temple i dont have to much familiarity here, but light and darkness have become somewhat out of alignment as of late. As for my, i belive your term is "cred" i have none other than a student refered me to this place after bableing on about how "the monsters in your story, they're real" as soon as he had recovered from the ordeal he told me how to reach this place. the next thing he did was stock up on the "equipment" he needed and go hunting for that which frightened him. after his disapearance i was away for a while - i had to brush back up on my training and i belive that other here say "take care o biddiness". now that that has been done o offer my meager services to the people who post here. i offer sanctuary (nothing that enters the grounds of my temple uninvited stays long), holy water (please provide your own container - those vials get expensive in bulk), training (both hand to hand and with the dai sho) and perhaps another view on things as being a shinto priest my knowledge is not exactly "common" here. anyhow as long as my body is willing i fight, when that is no longer the case i will go back to training others and sharing wisdom only
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.
Holister

Post by Holister »

Greetins' From Maine.

Thats right..

Im what you may consider just a redneck, back woods, small town sheriff. But liet me tell ya somethin, up here is Cypress Cove,
strnge has most deffinately come for visit. Ive all sorts of weird stuuf from ghostly little girls, to ramoaging lupine, to hounds from Hell, and worse yet. They say it has to do with 13 ley lines forming a nexus here in town. Suppose that'ld be a problem for anyone.

Ild like t consider myself part Wyatt Earp, part detective, with a little Larry The Cableguy thrown in for good measure.

Certainly a like to mudstomp a hole in the heart of evil when it threatens my town and family, I tend a be a pit bull when it comes to that. But I have seen to many things to be reckless. I may not have powers, magic, ae an ILLEGAL arsenal like some of these folks, but I get the job done.

Now thats some good comentray right there, and I don't care who ya are.
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Willie Long

Post by Willie Long »

Shang Li wrote:training (both hand to hand and with the dai sho)

What forms do you use, sensei?
Lazlo Field Agent
More Qi! Train Harder!
http://usashaolintemple.org/
The_Unicorn

Post by The_Unicorn »

I am Me.
That may seem obvious to some of you but I can assure you that some people get quite confused about that.
Now that that is cleared up....

I have been around.
Vampires tend to find themselves ceasing to exist in my presense.
The smart ones stay away from the Pacific Northwest(my current stomping rounds).
I've been around the block a few too many times.
The following statement is true,
The above statement is false,
Welcome to the Universe.
Bearshaman

Post by Bearshaman »

Hi all, go by code name of Bearshaman, due to Shamanistic training. Following path of Bear, which is strange considering.

For those that have not read the other posts yet, I am a Lycan. Yes, I am a shapeshifter. Capable of taking on a human/wolf hybrid form, that gives me the best qualities of both forms. Heightened senses, claws, fangs and the ability to regenerate damage.

Before you go calling for the silver bullets to slaughter me, let me just state this. My family, which is quite large actually are all born with the ability to shift, to us this is as natural as breathing to normal humans. We do not hunt humans for food or fun. We try to live our lives as close to human norm as possible. I am different from the rest of my clan as I believe that we should stop those that hunt the humans.

I normally work with a small group of friends, but due to a recent encounter with a very unusual monster, I have lost two of my companions. Thus I am beginning to belive that perhaps it would be better if I worked freelance and singularly. That way I am not resposible for the deaths of any but myself.

I look foreward to meeting other members of the Society in the hopes that I can assist them in combating the menaces of the dark. Just point me in the right direction, and leave, I will not be responisble for any other persons death.
Somethings man was not meant to know..others man doesn't want to know.
The Unnamable

Post by The Unnamable »

(Screech)....er..Imp here, need any help, this guy doesn'tknow he's doing....Ill join....Im a good spy, and (zzzaappp).

DAM IT! Ignore that, (grrrr_)
where did I start loosing control?

Thats All...now go away.
Bert_the_Turtle

Ya can't lose what ya never had to begin with.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Greetings, I am a archanist by trade and investigator of the paranormal and supernatural by hobby. I have a very good base of almost twenty years of experince and knowledge to draw from. I will be more than happy to help were I am able to and am willing to share any knowledge I may have that is not a trade secret or too dangerous to let out in a public forum. If you do call on me for information on the paranormal please be patient as my library was recently destroyed and I am having to rebuild my tomes and scrolls.

I am more than happy to share any stories that I have heard from my mentor and others from this trade. I look forward to the mutal exchage of knowledge and experince.

Michael T.
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

Nice to have arcanists on the good guys' side for a change.

I have taken down so many bad ones. I am actually preparing a post in my dwindling spare time about a recent operation to take one out of action.
С волками жить, по-волчьи выть.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Thank you Kolya, I have delt with a few bad apples in this trade as well. I will post the most recent, and to me the most devastating clash in the war stories thread.Sorry for the delay posting but life and the solstice interfered untill here a few days ago.
Everyman29

Post by Everyman29 »

I am known by quite a few monicers...pardon the cliche. Lately I have been called The Everything Man, and I like the ring of it. I intend my resources to be of use to the Society, they are quite far-reaching and are--for the moment anyway--at your disposal.

I do agree with Kolya that it is good to find other practitioners on the side of the light.

Good Day, all.
I am the Everything Man
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Allo. I am Natasha. Sorry me please, my english is not too good.

I am the friend of Kolya. He is in Moskva now, but comes back to the US soon. He is the big man, the brave fighter. Nothing damages him, you know. It is the style, but not the truth, I think.

He says me so many good words about the lazlo society, and the people. I became very interested to see you.

You know, I contacted with Shang Li one time. Kolya says me he is in hospital with very bad damage. I hope he will come back.

About me...I love all the variants of information and I know a bit of the magik too.

Be careful!
Наташа Крылова .:. Natasha Krilova
Bert_the_Turtle

Very nice to make your aquaintance Natasha.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Hi Bert. The same.

I read your introduction here. Such the terrible thing!

But maybe you want to know. I know Roma Cherepahov. Cherepaha is the Russian word meaning 'the turtle'. He loves the guns, but only the Russian guns.

Our small world.
Ron Caliburn

Post by Ron Caliburn »

Hello Natasha.

I've met and worked wih Koyla twice now. Your description of him is most accurate.

I'm afraid I'll be little in the way of a source of knowledge for you. I'm much like the ol' bear myself. I beat stuff up and I get beat on. I leave the figuring out to the smarter folks.

Good to see our international contingent growing nonetheless.
Ain't nuthin' that can't die.

Delta Sierra
Bert_the_Turtle

Natasha wrote: I read your introduction here. Such the terrible thing!

I appreciate you saying that; I really do.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Hi Ron.

I entered the team 1 month past. Kolya said me about you and Missouri. He also said me about the night terrors. He cannot wait to learn that it is killed. Honestly, me too.

I come back to the United States with Kolya. If the night terror appears (in the dream), then I can shake the legs and the dreamer will wake. I can because I sleep not more than 2 hours each night. Also the magik will say me if the night terror appears (in the room).
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Bert_the_Turtle wrote:
Natasha wrote: I read your introduction here. Such the terrible thing!

I appreciate you saying that; I really do.
Then I am glad.

Now it is necessary to pack. We fly soon.
Bert_the_Turtle

Its never a good idea to rush packing, you tend to forget things.
Ashikaga Hideoshi

Post by Ashikaga Hideoshi »

I have been trained in combat techniques that are rarely seen (and just slightly more often usefull for mor than exercise) today. My primary capability is the fact that I am a businessman. Due to the position I have inherited, I find myself able to bring a great deal of talent that I do not posses myself.

As for my morals - they have no place in the world of business. I do however make it a point to keep my bargains, and repay my debts. (life is more profitable that way)

As for keeping my name secret - my enemies already know who I am.
Without an aplication Power is worthless.
Razor

Post by Razor »

Natasha, welcome to the Society. May your time here be fruitful.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Hi Razor.

Thanks Bert.

I packed all. We go now.
Dorian Gray

Post by Dorian Gray »

I'm not normally one to come to online and ask for help and technicaly speaking the help I came here to ask for... well that problem seem's to have solved itself out with a little bit more effort on my part than is usual.

But an introduction is in order I believe.

My name is Dorian Gray, or at least it has been for the last 10 years now. I hunt not so much to protect humanity, although that is a rather usefull perk of me hunting. I hunt for pleasure, I fight for pleasure, adrenaline is one of the few things that I can actually feel and feel good about, it's just a shame that some of the things I would like to hunt can't seem to be hurt with traditional physical weaponry.

Unfortunatly seeing as it is harder for one to find prey from just the word on the street now adays though this would be another good reason to keep an eye out for activity on this board, I might find something...... intresting so to speak.

Though as I see I still have not grasped this whole net business, seem's like I walked off for a rather splendid evening of entertainment and actually forgot to submit this for the society to look over.