Where demons fear to tread

Accounts of personal experiences, especially from those who hunt the supernatural. We offer this space in hopes that our members can hear about, and learn from, the exploits of others.
Holister

Re: Where demons fear to tread

Post by Holister »

Who's whinin'? I just don't trust this guy. So who is it already?
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

Septimus Amadeus Varian. Occasionally used Janus as a nom de garre.

He currently resides in London Ontario, Canada by the River Thames. Across from the park that was once the old soap factory.
I can help.
Although perhaps not in the way you would want or could imagine.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

There Ben, we have the answer.

Now is there anybody in Ontario that can go to London and check on the guy?

Janus, Roman God of gates, doors and doorways . . . cool name. I guess it's too late for me to get a cool name thing going on here. If I could get a name going maybe I would play on my dad's Arthurian theme. Since he's Arthur's sword and spear maybe I could go with Arthur's shield and call myself Prydwen.

Nah, nobody would know what it meant.
I will be who I chose to be.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

Prydwen was King Aurthur's ship and bore his body away when he died. As such, it is a vessel which can pass through worlds.

It would seem an appropriate name to me.
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
"The strong polish their fangs,
While the weak polish their wisdom."
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Actually it was both.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

I wasn't actually trying to correct you but to add additional information. :)
This account used to belong to someone else. Now it's mine. My first post on this board begins here.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

I know, but I don't like the name for the sound, not what it means.
Cybermancer

Post by Cybermancer »

It is a prettier name than Wynebgwrthucher.
Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

Hannah wrote:Now is there anybody in Ontario that can go to London and check on the guy?

I don't live far from there. I can check in on him. Might not be until the weekend though, so perhaps someone can get to him sooner.
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Thanks Technocrat.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

IF you do go Techno, make good and bloody sure you're exceedingly careful. If possible take someone with you, maybe a dog if you have one, they're very good at giving an early warning of anything hinky going on. If the dog gets perturbed, GO HOME.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Holister

Post by Holister »

Listen to the man, he knows what he's talkin' bout Techno. It also doesn't hurt to bring along a stungun. :wink:
"Too serve and protect", somethin' bout that gets a lil' blurred when dealin' with the supernatural.
Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

Stun guns are considered restricted in Canada. As I have neither the training nor the liscence required, it is not an option.
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
Doctor Boggs

Post by Doctor Boggs »

I have a buddy in the area who'd be willing to drive ya there, and drive ya right back out if things go wonky. I can arrange a meeting for ya if you decide to go.
It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Holister

Post by Holister »

Doesn't Gabriel live in Canada? Maybe you can try askin' him. He helped us out alot when we investigated Tall Pines this past weekend.
Technocrat

Post by Technocrat »

Change of plans, folks. I just got a task from work. I'm going overseas as a special advisor for another firm. Someone else will have to do this or it will have to wait until I return.
Secrets for sale. Cheap.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Actually if nobody minds I am willing to try contacting this Fallen Hunter.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Thanks Shadow.
Robyn

Post by Robyn »

Have you followed up on this, Shadowstalker?

Has anyone heard from Shadowstalker?

Was it a trap?
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Shadow?
Grace

Hunter to Hunter

Post by Grace »

I should have mentioned something sooner. Shadow called me after he met with the old man. I'm not going to share the details. At least not yet and probably never all of them.

We haven't been in touch since though. He's got his business and I've got mine.

Still, Hannah asked me to look in on the hunter and maybe see if there some leads that didn't come up in the phone conversation. Besides, I was in the area on Saturday anyway.

So this morning, I dropped by to see the old hunter.

When the door opened, his face was a study in mixed emotions. There was anger, fear, hatred and other less hostile emotions that were no less disturbing for me to witness. But there were two things that dominated his features above all others. Recognition and resignation.

He didn’t invite me in. Just turned silently and walked into his living room, leaving the door wide open.

Shrugging, I followed him in.

“Mind if I have a drink?” he asked, already pouring himself a whiskey, straight up.

“It’s your place, I’m just here to ask you a few questions.” I looked around, noting several oddities.

His bushy eyebrows shot up at that, “just ask me questions? I’ve been expecting you to show up for two years now and here you are and all you want to do is ask me a couple of questions?”

That certainly took me off guard, “What do you mean you’ve been expecting me for two years? I’d never even heard of you until a few weeks ago.”

He downed the entire glass he’d poured for himself. Then he made a face as it’s golden essence burned down his throat to warm his belly. “You killed my wife two years ago. Just before you started posting to that Lazlo Society. I didn’t know who it was at first but then you started posting. I couldn’t be absolutely certain it had been you until recently. But thanks to that guy, the one you call Cessiel, I know better now. Lots of folks do. Ever since then, though, I’ve been expecting someone to hire you to come for me.”

For several long moments the only sound between us was the glug-glug of him pouring himself a second glass. He only took a sip this time, “you aren’t what I was expecting, you know that? Even after I learned you were a woman, along with everyone else who reads those boards, I pictured you as someone… older. If you’re not here to kill me I guess that means I’m not worth your fees. So what does bring you here, then?”

“Shadowstalker was here a little while ago. We were getting a little worried about him.” I was still trying to digest what he’d told me. I’ve never been confronted with the family of any of my victims before. Focusing on my purpose helped a bit.

“He was here alright. Nice enough young man. Polite too. Almost stopped him from getting in the front door. He left here alive and well. I’ve been looking into his past but I’ve left his current business alone. So I don’t know where he is now.”

“I’m sorry.” I blurted out suddenly. I’m not even sure what had prompted it. “I didn’t know she was married.”

“Would it have made a difference?” his gaze on me was steady and searching.

I looked down, “no.”

He snorted then took a deep drink from his glass, “you may not have meant to, but you probably did the right thing. She was an evil bitch but I couldn’t ever kill her, even when I knew what she was. I already loved her. My heart’s been in pandemonium ever since.” He took another long swig from his glass.

“Shadowstalker said you had a daughter?” I suppose I was pushing my luck at this stage.

“I do. She’s grown now. If you’re worried she might be gunning for you… well, we’ll just call that just dues.” He didn’t look up from his drink to me.

What do you do in a situation like this?

I left.
Hi, I'm Darcy! :)
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

Darcy,

I think this was one of the most important things you've ever done. It might not have gone well, but seeing the consequences of your former life is a big part of moving past it and moving on towards a new life.
Cessiel

Post by Cessiel »

So it would seem that my information was useful.

And quite clearly not a trap.
I can help.
Although perhaps not in the way you would want or could imagine.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Oh good this isn't about me.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

skeptic wrote:Oh good this isn't about me.

Wait, what?
"Do you really think it is weakness that yields to temptation? I tell you that there are terrible temptations which it requires strength, strength and courage to yield to."
-Oscar Wilde.
skeptic

Post by skeptic »

Nemesis wrote:
skeptic wrote:Oh good this isn't about me.

Wait, what?

I have a daughter as you know.
But I am not a fallen hunter, although I am most certainly fallen.
Question everything.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Whatever happened in the past, I think you've picked yourself back up rather well. :?
-Oscar Wilde.
Shadowstalker

Post by Shadowstalker »

Hi folks sorry I pulled a vanishing act on you there. :oops: I had a situation come up that I had to address, and couldn't take time out to post anything. I will be posting details later about what happened, as I think it would be of intrest.
Darcy when I told you of my suspions, I didn't expect you to go and chat up the guy. Thou because you did, I do have even more respect for you, but I also think you are a little crazy as well.
To find the darkness you have walk in the shadows.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Just a little crazy?
-Oscar Wilde.
Shang Li

Post by Shang Li »

Vanquishing your inner demons is never as easy as casting the outer demons back to their pits.

I will pray for your continued success, I am coming to admire the person you are seeming to become.
Understanding, is not a thing that comes swiftly, but rather in stages, a journey that once begun, must be seen to it's end.